Sign in to follow this  
koNtenT

@ All "Spawn time" Threads

THE TIMER IS WORKING PERFECTLY. All these QQ threads showing up = win. Keep the respawn timer as it is.

@All the loot hoppers, enjoy that 250+ second wait timer while I enjoy my rice.

Stay in a server for longer then 30 minutes and you won't need to make a useless thread. kthxbai

Edited by koNtenT

THE TIMER IS WORKING PERFECTLY. All these QQ threads showing up = win. Keep the respawn timer as it is.

Stay in a server for longer then 30 minutes and you won't need to make a useless thread. kthxbai

Join server, server restarts soon after, 5 minute timer

Join server, unplayable deysnc, restart computer log back into same server, 4minutes and 30 seconds left to wait, deysnc still there, try another server, 5 minute wait

Yeah that timer sure is working as intended punishing evil server hoppers like me!!! Strange how when I run out to airfields all the doors are opened and most of the loot is gone, even when I started heading to the NWAF from near grishino on a near empty server right after a server re start.

So glad its stopping evil server hoppers in their tracks.

Edited by Franchi

Join server, unplayable deysnc, restart computer log back into same server, 4minutes and 30 seconds left to wait, deysnc still there, try another server, 5 minute wait

Yeah that timer sure is working as intended punishing evil server hoppers like me!!!

When a server DC's you don't get the countdown. and its not like that is happening to every server you are joining, going through a single 5 minute wait won't end your life. 

Unless you are lying, then i say to you "typical".

When a server DC's you don't get the countdown. and its not like that is happening to every server you are joining, going through a single 5 minute wait won't end your life. 

Unless you are lying, then i say to you "typical".

Yes it does, if the server kicks you out do to admins looting their own server, deysnc or a restart it does in fact give you the 5 minute wait if it happens before you were on that server for long enough.

Get your facts straight

Edited by Franchi

When the server restart, the server need anyway time to restart. You have no timer when you join the same server.

Save the servers that work fine for you in the favorites.

I never saw this timer, I play every day.

Edited by NoCheats

Yes it does, if the server kicks you out do to admins looting their own server, deysnc or a restart it does in fact give you the 5 minute wait if it happens before you were on that server for long enough.

Get your facts straight

Joining servers named "PRIVATE PLEASE DONT JOIN" and getting kicked after doesn't seem like an issue with the timer.. If you see what I'm getting at here. People like you deserve the 5 minute timer. Play on your fav servers or find another server. 5 Minutes shouldn't be making/breaking your game experience, But if it is, you are obviously the issue. 

Self reflection is nice once in a while sir. ;) 

Joining servers named "PRIVATE PLEASE DONT JOIN" and getting kicked after doesn't seem like an issue with the timer.. If you see what I'm getting at here. People like you deserve the 5 minute timer. Play on your fav servers or find another server. 5 Minutes shouldn't be making/breaking your game experience, But if it is, you are obviously the issue. 

Self reflection is nice once in a while sir. ;)

Yes admins who loot their own server and kick anyone that joins always label their servers to indicate that they are violating the terms of service, its not like they lose the server and the money they paid to rent the server if they get caught :D

5 minutes is not making or breaking my gaming experience it is an annoyance except when I was trying to figure out exactly what items caused the unplayable deysnc bug (turned out it had nothing to do with flickering textures and everything to do with containers for me), or today when that bug came back and caused me to get kicked from servers every 3-4 minutes, just like it is nothing more than an annoyance to server hoppers.

When self satisfied sanctimonious individuals such as yourself come to these forums and post mindless drivel about the recent logging system preventing server hopping with no downside expect to be called on it, it was not designed to stop server hoppers and it does not stop or even significantly impede server hoppers.

Edited by Franchi

You have no timer when you join the same server.

Yes you do. Happened to me today. Logged out to use the bathroom, logged into the same server. 3 minute wait.

• Like 1

When self satisfied sanctimonious individuals such as yourself

No matter how much irony I see, it's still amusing. Thanks. 

Yes you do. Happened to me today. Logged out to use the bathroom, logged into the same server. 3 minute wait.

Well, what I meant is when the actual server shuts down, when you join back you won't get the wait time. Logging out and logging back into the same server would be considered a server hop. :P

Edited by koNtenT

Logging out and logging back into the same server would be considered a server hop. :P

That makes no sense. It's the same server. There was no hopping anywhere.

Join server, get stuck at "Please wait... " give it about a minute with nothing happening, switch servers get a 250 second timer. WORKS GREAT.

Edited by Atmosphere

Don't bother arguing with them, they have killed the server hopper, no collateral damage at all is possible with this perfect system, NO improvement is possible!!! They have WON, any evidence to the contrary IS A LIE brought forth by server hoppers! <even when evidence brought forward and new ideas are intended to actually curb server hoping for loot.

Seriously don't argue with them, unless you don't care about being labeled a server hopper or server hopper sympathizer.

Edited by Franchi

Works so perfectly some people already have found ways around it :)

Sorry, I will try to clarify.

If the server resets while you are playing (giving you the yellow/red chain on your screen), you will not be penalized. So you can join the same server back and won't have to wait for 5 minutes. 

If you leave a server, and haven't been playing that server for at least 30 minutes (or so I hear), you will get a timer if you join another server within 5 minutes. Which includes the server you just left. 

Hopefully that helps. 

Join server, get stuck at "Please wait... " give it about a minute with nothing happens, switch servers get a 250 second timer. WORKS GREAT.

Yeah, I've gotten that too. Insult to injury when the server is having connection issues. :/ 

ON a DC server I did get a timer as punishment when I left.

I have also had a timer after waiting 5 mins in load...

These were first sessions, I generally never server hop unless a friend comes online and the server is full.

I personally like the new changes but keep in mind folks that this is still a Alpha and problems are gunna be rife, so just chill and eat your beans :)

ON a DC server I did get a timer as punishment when I left.

I have also had a timer after waiting 5 mins in load...

These were first sessions, I generally never server hop unless a friend comes online and the server is full.

I personally like the new changes but keep in mind folks that this is still a Alpha and problems are gunna be rife, so just chill and eat your beans :)

The problem is implementing the punishments before they fix the issues that will cause them to happen for no good reason.

IE: keeping broken legs without fixing lag issues causing broken legs for no reason and so on...

This system seems to work completely fine fine for me. Not sure how people have found ways around it (if that is even true). Yes some times I have connection issues and after joining a server without having any I'll thought of intent and having to wait a few minutes to log in is annoying, but I can deal with it. I like the system how it is and hope it stays this way. (or very close to it)

Inb4 lock. I'm sorry, I agree with you, but this is a pointless thread. The noms will come.