Sign in to follow this  
WildCatNL

Game sounds, am I hearing things?

So when ever I open (or close) a wooden door, a garden gate or some rusty looking metal door, I hear nothing, they all open silently.

Yet very frequently when I'm scavenging through small towns I'm hearing noises in the distance that sound striking familiar to a gate fence or something metallic like thing open.
Those distance sounds put me on edge every time I hear them.

Does DayZ-SA have any door opening/closing sounds sets?

The game is Alpha and all, but I'm hoping others are hearing the same thing for simply put its driving me nuts.

So when ever I open (or close) a wooden door, a garden gate or some rusty looking metal door, I hear nothing, they all open silently.

Yet very frequently when I'm scavenging through small towns I'm hearing noises in the distance that sound striking familiar to a gate fence or something metallic like thing open.

Those distance sounds put me on edge every time I hear them.

Does DayZ-SA have any door opening/closing sounds sets?

The game is Alpha and all, but I'm hoping others are hearing the same thing for simply put its driving me nuts.

The game doesn't currently have sounds for doors, but it has ambient noises which do not indicate anything. Just ignore them.

I always hear things in the came! Zombie growls when they are no where to be found. The scariest noise being soda cans being opened, because it makes me think there is another player stalking or near me.

I always hear things in the came! Zombie growls when they are no where to be found. The scariest noise being soda cans being opened, because it makes me think there is another player stalking or near me.

Yes, That is a glitch with Standalone at the moment,it's a bit scary lol,My friend told me he kept hearing zombie sounds and the zombie appeared and walked and disapeared,Freaky lol. I asked my friend (Because he plays Standalone alot more than me,)  He says he hears Soda Cans Opening all the time, My advice is just ignore them just a silly glitch! 

Good Shooting-ApeX

Edited by SirApeX
  • Like 2

Yes, That is a glitch with Standalone at the moment,it's a bit scary lol,My friend told me he kept hearing zombie sounds and the zombie appeared and walked and disapeared,Freaky lol. I asked my friend (Because he plays Standalone alot more than me,)  He says he hears Soda Cans Opening all the time, My advice is just ignore them just a silly glitch! 

Good Shooting-ApeX

the one he ignores will end up getting him killed.

• Like 1

I hear the gate sounds etc too. I just make sure that no matter what I am doing I am being cautious. When in doubt, sit and listen for a minute or two. If there's a player close by they'll make themselves known by footsteps or other noises. Something you can confirm. If there's no players around, then just proceed with care. 

No door sounds have been added yet, though they do have random sounds like fences being rattled.

All sounds are placeholders for ones to come in later. For that, I don't know when they'll be coming. The ambiance I think is quite repetitive in the occurrence of it happening. I wish the sounds such as birds chirping actually came from an object(Like an actual bird) to give sounds more of a purpose.

For random sounds being generated is affected by the network bubble.

Edited by TIC321

I always here noises that tend to be cut off.  Soda cans, loose ammo, zombies when none are around (damn rabbits).  Even when I'm entirely alone on a server I'll still hear those noises.  If you hear a second soda can right after the first, then there IS someone nearby.

Good Shooting-ApeX

I think i read somewhere that some of the animals are currently making zombie sounds, so your friend might just be hearing a rabbit or a hawk.

• Like 1

I think i read somewhere that some of the animals are currently making zombie sounds, so your friend might just be hearing a rabbit or a hawk.

DayZ, the nature documentary:  Now here we have the Red Tailed Hawk, a top notch predator!  With exceptionally keen eyesight and a fast top speed she can spot small prey on the ground far below her and rocket down to snatch it up.  She's even been known to catch other birds out of the air.  And listen!  We can hear her majestic cries.... "BWAARARLG!"