Sign in to follow this  
TEST_SUBJECT_83

How DayZ has changed in the last few patches.

Ok, so I haven't seen any other posts about this but what has happened to dayz?

What happened to bleeding from a zed scratching you?

What happened to your character getting hurt and making noises of being injured that enemies could hear unless you used alcohol tincture or antibiotics?

(yes it said you were sick when you used them, but the mechanic still worked. There was no need to remove it)

And I thought guns were more rare? I've been finding them everywhere!

I found two mosins and a shotgun in the Tec building in Cherno yesterday, and 3 M4's at the NWAF, and SKS's are everywhere.

Yes, a full server that hasn't reset for awhile wont have much weapons left, but if you get a fresh restart,

there is a lot of weapons available, more than I remember.

I know there's at least one other example I'm forgetting but my point is to me the game seems to be a lot easier to stay healthy and survive.

I don't even carry bandages or rags anymore. I can't remember the last time I was bleeding unless I was shot.

Speaking of being shot, I've lived from so many encounters where I've been shot at multiple times and just walked away afterward,

usually still healing and not even needing to do anything but bandage. 2 mins later I'm full healthy again.

This was not the case before.

I remember dying from 1 to 2 shots every time. I would almost never be able to live from what I have been lately.

Anyone else has noticed this?

I'm not complaining, lol!

but I do miss the way it was before.

• Like 2

I dunno maybe the armor values of stuff is too high , I find myself dying in 3 shots of an m4 when I'm a fresh spawn , but when I'm geared I just get knocked unconcious . I would like the chance to actually stay alive (very rarely ) when I'm shot with no armor , and a little less chance of always living when shot with full gear on , or at least let us break a rib if we have a lot of armor on and are shot .

And you're right it seems people survive gun shots when they are geared as if they had Kevlar vests on ( although I do know that some of the "vests" have types of bullet proof stuff in it like the press vest and the other one I can't remember, dunno if they register as being tougher though)

I'm sure this and the over excessive gun spawns will be worked out soon though throughout the next few patches .

• Like 1

I dunno maybe the armor values of stuff is too high , I find myself dying in 3 shots of an m4 when I'm a fresh spawn , but when I'm geared I just get knocked unconcious . I would like the chance to actually stay alive (very rarely ) when I'm shot with no armor , and a little less chance of always living when shot with full gear on , or at least let us break a rib if we have a lot of armor on and are shot .

And you're right it seems people survive gun shots when they are geared as if they had Kevlar vests on ( although I do know that some of the "vests" have types of bullet proof stuff in it like the press vest and the other one I can't remember, dunno if they register as being tougher though)

I'm sure this and the over excessive gun spawns will be worked out soon though throughout the next few patches .

I agree, I have a feeling this will be changed again. Nothing is set in stone atm.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me and others are experiencing this as well.

They are in an early testing phase, not a polishing phase. Making you happy or mad is how they figure out whether what they are doing is right and I expect it will happen quite a bit more before they get things right (or wrong).

All said, definitely worth the money so far for me. I've been enjoying it, though I really need a compass as I've been lost in the woods far too long.

The one thing that I think would really take this game to the next level isn't actually something the developers can do. It would be if the community could realize that the KoS and Heros are all playing the same game and understand the role each plays in that game. And that the game doesn't work without many different styles of play.

• Like 1

They are in an early testing phase, not a polishing phase. Making you happy or mad is how they figure out whether what they are doing is right and I expect it will happen quite a bit more before they get things right (or wrong).

All said, definitely worth the money so far for me. I've been enjoying it, though I really need a compass as I've been lost in the woods far too long.

The one thing that I think would really take this game to the next level isn't actually something the developers can do. It would be if the community could realize that the KoS and Heros are all playing the same game and understand the role each plays in that game. And that the game doesn't work without many different styles of play.

I agree.

This game is far from finished, I was just curious as to how many others noticed this as well.

I also agree that KOS is a very important element of DayZ, without it the fear would be gone, and this game would loose what makes it so amazing.

Regarding the health i agree with you, it`s all work in progress.

I barely encountered too many guns.

Just once in Vybor, but there were just about 3-4 people online. It depends of the server you`re playing. If it restarts every few hours, much loot can be found at all. Atm there are often 3 motorcycle-helmets at one farmstead - for example.

I dont like too frequent server-restarts, so that you have to find "your" town/region" first, where everything seems untouched. It strengthens the survival-aspect of the game contrary a simple FPS and i`m really looking forward to hunting-animals and berry-picking to get more chance to survive on countryside.

Overall i have more problems with too much ammo and a full BP, leaving me with the decision which to keep and which to drop, while still searching for a gun. Just to find a shotgun after dropping all the shells....  On longer term the incentive to stay on one server should be raised to prevent from this gameplay: spawn, run to military, loot, changeserver-loot, changeserver-loot, changeserver-loot, run back to spawn area, targeting practice....

Edited by taxi driver