Sign in to follow this  
justin1311

Anyone know how moddable the standalone is?

Hello there

The insults stop now or ill hand out point and temp bans. Simple as that.

Now, to OP modding will not be allowed for some time to come and even then may be limited.

At this time its simply not tolerated or allowed.

Rgds

LoK

I am gonna be soooooo happy that when they do allow modding that it will be limited. :D

Hello there

The insults stop now or ill hand out point and temp bans. Simple as that.

Now, to OP modding will not be allowed for some time to come and even then may be limited.

At this time its simply not tolerated or allowed.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks Orlok. Have some beans! ^_^

Yeah, they had to change the name but it used to be called STALKER Online, so it's pretty much STALKER. Here's a link: http://szone-online.net/

Like I said though, I didn't find it very fun. Literally all of your equipment is purchased, there's like no quest reward or scavenged items. :/

That looks like a awful ripoff of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ;-;

I hope not at all. >_>

You do realize how stupid this makes you sound right ?

The only reason Dayz exist is because of how moddable Arma 2 was.

Mods turned arma 2 from being a nitch game to a smash mainstream success. It would be safe to assume that the majority of the sales for arma 2 are because of mods.

Dayz will have mods and it will be quite moddable Rocket would be dumb not to have it this way.

We players need mods because more often than not the community fixes the game not the devs.

• Like 2

That looks like a awful ripoff of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ;-;

I used to play it a bit, and the game does have kind of the same atmosphere as STALKER but it doesn't play like it in my opinion. Maybe I'm just too obsessed with scavenging. :P

You do realize how stupid this makes you sound right ?

The only reason Dayz exist is because of how moddable Arma 2 was.

Mods turned arma 2 from being a nitch game to a smash mainstream success. It would be safe to assume that the majority of the sales for arma 2 are because of mods.

Dayz will have mods and it will be quite moddable Rocket would be dumb not to have it this way.

We players need mods because more often than not the community fixes the game not the devs.

Oh so adding Bloodsuckers or any additional weird zombie (Didn't mind since it was from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), AI trading, 100,000,000 vehicles, 100 Super Weapon Boxes, Huge Abnormal buildings (In odd places), and etc...is fixing things? OHHHH Thats so fixing things....*facepalm* 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Did anyone play the best Dayz Mod ever... Dayzero... Well balanced, almost 0 hackers... They didn`t add stupid buildings but integraded it into towns and airfields and it feld really solid. They also got the mod to another level performance wise. ... Anyone with me?! :| They should definetly bring out mods for us... But i hope people dont fuck up like in 'Overwatch or Breaking Point'...

Oh so adding Bloodsuckers or any additional weird zombie (Didn't mind since it was from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), AI trading, 100,000,000 vehicles, 100 Super Weapon Boxes, Huge Abnormal buildings (In odd places), and etc...is fixing things? OHHHH Thats so fixing things....*facepalm* 

No but fixing performance issues, adding base building, and fixing any gameplay mechanics from the base game are completely possible.

community can come up with amazing things just look at skyrim.

I've heard people can still disable the .PBO files allowing them to see and shoot through objects... if that counts.

Did anyone play the best Dayz Mod ever... Dayzero... Well balanced, almost 0 hackers... They didn`t add stupid buildings but integraded it into towns and airfields and it feld really solid. They also got the mod to another level performance wise. ... Anyone with me?! :| They should definetly bring out mods for us... But i hope people dont fuck up like in 'Overwatch or Breaking Point'...

I played DayZero and it was like thee only mod I ever accepted because it hardly changed anything. 

No but fixing performance issues, adding base building, and fixing any gameplay mechanics from the base game are completely possible.

community can come up with amazing things just look at skyrim.

Right, and that would be great. Don't get wrong, but if they did allow full modding you and I know for a FACT that people wouldn't just "better" performance or "fix" mechanics. They would screw up everything for some weird imaginations. (Imaginations are great, but in scenarios like this...they need to be toned down.)

game starts as mod. we all want a proper standalone game with all the best features involved in that very game. it finally happens and the standalone is born. as soon as we get what we wanted then people want it modded

:o :o :o

its a standalone game ! let the devs do what they need to and lets wait. if you want 10000 gun and vehicles with ufos and donosaurs go play the mod .

once the content is out for the standalone alot of this sillyness will stop. i to want the content for SA but not like the mod which ruined the concept of why most play.

i would like the original concept and just maps like taviana , namalsk and the like added. nothing else. this game can be developed properly now. it has the money and studio and people behind it. chepaening it by doing quicik mods just for time and wanting is stupid and makes everything thats happened to get here a waste of fooking time.

• Like 1

I think the devs shouldn't allow modding at all, but they should at least bring back the first custom maps that came out to the DayZ Mod. Man, i'd love to play Namalsk, Lingor, Taviana, Panthera...In the SA, of course.

WOW there is some terribly miss informed people here isnt there mods caused hacks what the hackers made hacks and they did it so easily because of the RV engine of arma 2 not because of anything modders did ...

Dont want mods sorry its in the confirmed features mod support if you actually watched some of the videos of rocket he has even gone so far as saying he wants to help them out with proper info on how to mod the game (hinted at tools for such) WHY BECAUSE ROCKET IS A MODDER FIRST HE MADE DAYZ A MOD HE MODS OTHER GAMES......

Do i want to see an epoch no NO NO i dont but as a modder i look forward to making more clothing more zombie looks adding new buildings adding more details that show a zed apoc happened I want a survival game not a death match.( modding is like free dlc choose the mods you like for free)

its players turning the game into a death match your all doing it now.. Rocket comes up with an idea make items get destroyed if you shoot it was that for the cool factor(yeah it was in part lol) but it was to help stem the tide of KOS YOU GUYS ARE MAKING IT A DEATH MATCH NOT MODDERS..

I have been playing dayz (and doing private mods for a small community as i no longer do public modding due to well the types of people in this thread small minded people with no imagination....)may 2012 and will be playing it and oh yes modding it long after many in this thread have lost interest in the game and moved on to a new shinny toy.. Why will i play it for years to come because with modding the possibilities are endless....

I look forward to a few years from now when you guys have fucked off why because thenthose who are left will want to play dayz not dress up in clown masks shooting everything you see without any interaction ( the game is about interaction good and bad pvp and helping.. PVP IS NOT KOS pvp is fighting for a reason a real one not cause ya want to get ya kicks killing bambi's

I think the devs shouldn't allow modding at all, but they should at least bring back the first custom maps that came out to the DayZ Mod. Man, i'd love to play Namalsk, Lingor, Taviana, Panthera...In the SA, of course.

Hi.

The devs can't bring back those custom maps, they didn't make them. They were put in by the very thing you guys in this thread are protesting...Mods! lol

Just a little ironic eh?

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter if a few people whine about mods ruining the game, it's already been made clear that the game will be moddable in the future. Probably just have to wait until development is done.

Regards.

Reported your post, good luck on that ban. Besides that, I'm glad you're so angry and upset with your own inadequacies with all this name calling. Go back to the mod so you kiddies can enjoy your shitty modding system.

devs already said they are going to support modding the game when its done, you should start crying yourself to sleep now :)

WOW there is some terribly miss informed people here isnt there mods caused hacks what the hackers made hacks and they did it so easily because of the RV engine of arma 2 not because of anything modders did ...

Dont want mods sorry its in the confirmed features mod support if you actually watched some of the videos of rocket he has even gone so far as saying he wants to help them out with proper info on how to mod the game (hinted at tools for such) WHY BECAUSE ROCKET IS A MODDER FIRST HE MADE DAYZ A MOD HE MODS OTHER GAMES......

Do i want to see an epoch no NO NO i dont but as a modder i look forward to making more clothing more zombie looks adding new buildings adding more details that show a zed apoc happened I want a survival game not a death match.( modding is like free dlc choose the mods you like for free)

its players turning the game into a death match your all doing it now.. Rocket comes up with an idea make items get destroyed if you shoot it was that for the cool factor(yeah it was in part lol) but it was to help stem the tide of KOS YOU GUYS ARE MAKING IT A DEATH MATCH NOT MODDERS..

I have been playing dayz (and doing private mods for a small community as i no longer do public modding due to well the types of people in this thread small minded people with no imagination....)may 2012 and will be playing it and oh yes modding it long after many in this thread have lost interest in the game and moved on to a new shinny toy.. Why will i play it for years to come because with modding the possibilities are endless....

I look forward to a few years from now when you guys have fucked off why because thenthose who are left will want to play dayz not dress up in clown masks shooting everything you see without any interaction ( the game is about interaction good and bad pvp and helping.. PVP IS NOT KOS pvp is fighting for a reason a real one not cause ya want to get ya kicks killing bambi's

I don't mind modding if it makes sense. Shit, I have been making maps/mods since the UT99 (UT was always a weird game) days. xD 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 1

the custom maps where mods and they werent done by rocket he couldnt bring them to SA without those modders permission (they would most likely give it though as many of them loved Dayz)

I don't mind modding if it makes sense. Shit, I have been making maps/mods since the UT99 (UT was always a weird game) days. xD 

LOL sorry for rant but just listening to people fight against something that spawned the game we play now and even worse some wanting certain mods not even being smart enough to realize they were mods done by other modders Namalsk, Lingor, Taviana, Panthera its almost sad that its funny...

LOL sorry for rant but just listening to people fight against something that spawned the game we play now and even worse some wanting certain mods not even being smart enough to realize they were mods done by other modders Namalsk, Lingor, Taviana, Panthera its almost sad that its funny...

I don't think it's the maps people are worried about.  The hacks the come with the mods, the easy gear that ran rampant in those mods etc.  New maps would be great, easy gear, not so great.  Is DayZ a survival game or not?

I don't think it's the maps people are worried about.  The hacks the come with the mods, the easy gear that ran rampant in those mods etc.  New maps would be great, easy gear, not so great.  Is DayZ a survival game or not?

Private hives are going to happen, custom starter loadouts and servers with 10k+vehicles are coming to bad so sad :D

Private hives are going to happen, custom starter loadouts and servers with 10k+vehicles are coming to bad so sad :D

Enjoy your shitty servers when they happen  B)

We also purchased the standalone DayZ. I didn't want to purchase a standalone DayZ that can be modded to shit so that weapons are everywhere, zombies are everywhere, and everyone who has ADHD and plays CoD goes on those servers leaving the game WE purchased completely empty.

So no, I hope modders fuck off this game.

First off, attitude. Check it.

Second off, Rocket has always stated modding with be a part of SA. It is, after all, what made him successful.

Third, your argument makes little sense. You seem to dislike people with "ADHD," or who play "CoD," but you're angry when they stop playing with you?

Finally, the reason servers for mods like Epoch are more popular than vanilla DayZ is simply because there is more demand for them. People found these mods to be subjectively better products. Just as DayZ was a subjectively better and more popular experience than Arma 2. But you don't hear people screaming that we should keep Arma 2 pure, do you?

This issue has come up and been discussed at some length already. You should go check out one of those threads, and become acquainted with the various arguments.

Enjoy your shitty servers when they happen  B)

Enjoy your dead servers just like the mod :)

Not in any mod i bloody made for the game they wont i want to do more than maps hell even a mod i hate has features that fit Dayz epoch over all goes away from survival but it allowed many things that do fit like boarding up buildings securing them as a base hell most zed movies you see people secure some location as a safe place. Mod the zed Ai to attempt to break such fortifications ( this is assuming the devs dont do it themselves) bang you have added to the feel of dayz...

adding npc traders collecting metal bars for trade that sort of thing is a what the its against the very idea of a survival game..

Mods only thrive when players choose them try choosing mods that stick to the survival roots of dayz and dayz will live on for a long time... Stick to making it a death match and thats what it will become..