Sign in to follow this  
todd10k

Dayz "ladders"

I completely disagree. If anything it gives you pause before you pull the trigger. guaranteed if this system was implemented, you would see a dramatic fall in KoS.

DNolan pls.

Tell that to the people feeding you disinfectant after they handcuff you. 

Wait what? How does that have anything to do with being gear minded?

Your "proposal" would have a long and lasting effect on the very nature of the game. My proposal would have zero net effect on gameplay. The idea here is to change the mindset of the KOS player. and that is where the real battleground lies. Fact of the matter is, you people would have this turn into another time grind ala WoW. This proposal would be anything but. The same kinds of people who go around shooting people on sight are the same people who care about shit like this. this would change the nature of combat without so much as adding a new button. 

My proposal wasn't a proposal though, I wasn't countering yours by suggesting something different. I was merely stating that in game and in terms of having differing levels of characters; whether that is skill or score based, I am not opposed to a skill tree but I am opposed to a generic score based on the metric you see beneficial to how you play the game.

Let's just put this in perspective to the way I play the game. I spend very little time in cities, and tend to do so when I need supplies. Does that mean I should have a lower "score"? I also think you misjudge the value that those who would KoS would care about some arbitrary metric. 

I'm not knocking you for suggesting it, no harm in doing so, although perhaps in the Suggestions section as it might not have bombed so badly there.

Edit: I also think that the idea that you are less likely to "mouth off" when captured is a just not thought out. Not only does it make very little difference what you do when captured, most capturers have a pretty well defined end game to any hostage situation long before you are taken hostage, but the idea that you would have a score at risk may even increase hostage taking/killing. Personally when someone tells me they are going to take me hostage I either flight or fight, I certainly don't stand there and await my fate.

Edited by ricp

Just let me know how long I stayed alive for, so I can then try to beat it on my next life.  I couldn't care less if Timmy has been alive for 137 hours,  feckers prolly been sitting in a bush all that time!  

Edited by Martmital

Tell that to the people feeding you disinfectant after they handcuff you. 

As of last week, I prefer feeding them ammunition...

MUCH funnier...

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, but could you please now propose your own system that addresses the flaws in the system we currently have?

No, why should I? I don't have an issue with the 'flaws in the system' of this game at such an extremely early stage of it's development. If I don't like things further down the line I might pipe up. I dislike your implication here that if I can't 'propose' a better idea, then you somehow win the discussion by default. That thar's some terrible reasoning bud.

Came expecting a suggestion based around actual ladders.

Left sorely disappointed.

Also, no. We don't need a scoreboard....

If you really want to see something that will give KoS a moment of pause, add C4 and dead-man-switch.