flyingsauce

Your first murder

Vice versa story here.

I'm on my 10th or so spawn, on a low pop server (10 or so people) and have been scavenging small towns, just admiring the game, slaying some Z with my fireaxe. Haven't encountered many people yet, just near the spawn point and they made no attempt at killing me, other than that it's pretty quiet.

I come across this town, I guess it was Staroye and notice this street sign that says "Elektro, 4 kms that way". Now, I read these forums and know that Elektro is pretty much the place to be. Loads of stuff happening, and all my characters so far have only been to either small towns or the NW airport, so being so close I was very exited to go there.

As I approach the city coming from the hills, I already spot 2 players running in and out of buildings. I sneak into the city through the power plant, and spot a lone wolf. I decide not to make contact. I am after all unarmed, apart from my axe. As i approach a school building and walk around the lower floor a bit, I suddenly hear footsteps. My heart is racing at this point, so I go into one of the rooms and hide behind a few boxes for a couple of minutes. Not moving at all, as I fear my footsteps would attract their attention.

One guy passes the room I'm in, doesn't see me, and walks out the front door. But the footsteps are still there, so there must be more.

My heart is making summersaults now.

The guy comes back, goes upstairs and I hear a gunshot and a few seconds after it I hear a lot of loading and reloading of guns. I can only assume they killed someone and looted his corpse.

Now another guy comes down, and the first guy is with him.

The guy passes the room a few times, doesn't go in.

I don't even dare to go prone at this point, because I'm not sure if that makes any noise or not.

They stand in front of the room, and I think they must have spotted me through the window, because they walk back and forth through the hallway and keep looking with their guns drawn.

I figured I'm busted, so I stand up, and attempt to raise my hands in the air. I don't have much to loose, my gear is shite and all I have regarding weaponry is an axe and a badly damaged Atlas Tripod.

But, being the noob I am, I pressed taunt instead of I surrender, swiftly followed by the "You are dead" message.

• Like 1

My first kill was an odd one. I was sick and close to death, i can across another survivor and asked him if he would kill me. Then he said "sure" and blew my knee caps away, but i wasn't bleeding (although i had broken legs). Not being able to move i asked him to put me out of my misery and finish the job, he laugh and said no and started to circle me. 

I stood on the spot (legs broken) whipped my baseball bat out and started swinging managed to clip him on the head. He passed out i took his gun and Pants (i had to humiliate him) and told him to kill me or I'd kill him.

He refused I took his head off his shoulders and then realised in his lifeless body was the instruments for my recovery. I patched myself up and lived happily ever after (until i fell off a 6ft roof and died...)

My first murder was in the main airfield in the northwest by Vybor.  I was looking one of the barracks and noticed a guy run into a room that I had just ran out of as I tucked into the last room, so I whipped out my double barrel shotgun and headshot him.  I looted his body and when I was leaving someone unloaded a full m4 clip into my ribs through the window.  Second kill was in Vybor, someone tried to snipe me so I climbed onto the roof he was on and headshot him with an SKS.  Third was in the NEAF I tucked into a hangar when I saw someone running towards me, thankfully he didn't see me because he ran into the hanger looking for loot and when he stopped to look in his inventory I head shot him from across the hangar with my magnum.  Unfortunately when I was looting his body someone snuck up on me with an M4.  I'm super paranoid whenever I go into the hot spots for loot now, especially when I have pretty much everything I need but am short on ammo or am looking for pristine optics.  Day Z is such a scary world to play in.

Mine was self defense, in the mod quite a long time ago.. but I still recall it like it was yesterday, and cannot say Ive come even close to that with any other game out there. I remember it like I had taken an actual life. Weird... 

Anyhow, it was a bandit sniper at the Mil tents in Cherno. I was new, like really new and heard gunshots. Like a moth to a flame, my bambi instincts kicked in and I ran towards the shots post haste. I arrived at a gruesome scene... bodies everywhere. I think to myself, "this does not look good" but quickly forget all logic and start to walk towards a body to start looting. Now, I felt something was off. But still acted stupidly. Thankfully though, that initial voice in my head prevailed as I made sure to be looking up rather than all the way down at the body so I saw a slight movement through the tents as my bandit sniper took aim. I moved like I didnt see him, no panic.. just slight movement out of his view. Than I immediately ran around, doubling back with cover blocking my movements. He somehow did not see me. I get close to him, and slow my approach. He is searching for me, scoped in, looking at the tent where I was previously. He had no idea my axe was being pulled out. I swing right at his head.... AND MISS! OMG, I run... he runs.. he shoots.. we circle each other.. I know Im dead now. I swing.. I swing... I swing.. and miss, miss, miss. So I panic and hide behind a wall. Somehow.. he is clueless as to where I just went. So I sit there for a moment.. I think I should run out of here fast. So I start to do that. Than I notice he is climbing the tall smokestack tower to get a vantage point on me, and snipe me as I flee. So I think, well Im screwed.. what now? I run directly under the tower in desperation, since that is the one place he wont have a shot on me. Now, Im trapped.. scared, and have no idea what to do. Im out of options.. and now Im getting angry. I mean this guy, is just sitting here killing player after player.. untouched. I want revenge.

I decide its all or nothing and climb that tower, axe on the ready. I slow as I reach the top.. climbing and hoping I dont make a sound. I make it, reaching the top with him RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. He is scoped in though, and is oblivious. I swing, this time hitting his face. He dies instantly, but I keep swinging.. for about 30 seconds. The amount of loot on his body makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.. after all I had been playing for a total of about 1 hour, and had an axe on me. Now I had everything. And he proceeded to rage on sidechat.. it was glorious. 

• Like 2

So i am very new and just trying to learn the map i avoid every survivor i see but while looting another survivor found me. it was in a bigger city. so this is really the first one i met up close didnt know how to act. he had nothing on him so i figured he just spawned. i dropped a can of tuna and tried to run away... he followed and was punching at me ... so he got axed. then shortly after i fall 6 ft to my death and he was avenged .

• Like 1

I only had one kill in Dayz and that was in the mod on a private server

I normally am great at avoiding people so it never happens but it was a crazy experience.

Me and 2 mates were outside the Cherno apartments. Actually my mates were outside while I was rummaging in the apts. Then out of nowhere 2 guys come with a UAZ and hold my mates hostage and I saw the whole thing from the top floor of the apts.

I was armed with only my enfield and a few rounds.

I couldn't believe it as they shook down my mates and thats when i decided to take the shot. I was shaking so bad but some how I hit of them and he dropped stone dead. The other one panicked not knowing where I was and ran around the car. I fired again and Missed. Then quickly emptied the rest of the magazine in to him.

My mates were screaming not knowing it was me saving them and they literally ran around in circles panicking before I calmed them down.

I was still shaking and hopped up on adrenaline by the time I got out of the apt. Then it came over global chat. The two idiots I had just killed was the server admin and his retarded friend that had spawned in a bunch of loot and were now pissed that they were killed fair and square.

Rather than jump servers we decided to battle it out and jumped in the UAZ. My friend must've been shocked because he was hitting everything in the road and I had to tell him to get out as I took the wheel.

Thats when things got really crazy.

The admins spawned right behind up with an SUV and a gattling gun shooting at us wildly as we sped of. One of my mates in the back seat was hit and died as we tore through chernarus in a crazy high speed chase.narrowly missing the 50 cal with our names on it.

Apparently the admin's friend wasn't happy too because he spawned in a F-22 and decided to dive bomb into us as we zoomed out of cherno.

Luckily he was a terrible pilot and I would slow down and calculate the angle of his approach and he would miss. This happened two or three times as we speed past the farm area on our way to elektro..

The admin in the SUV behind us kept ramming us until one of our rear tires went red.

It was then I saw his friend zoom down on us with his spawned F-22 and I knew I had to get out. I instantly jumped out of the UAZ as the explosion happened. My mate Leon, didn't make it. The resulting blast destroyed the UAZ, SUV and a nearby house but somehow I was still alive, albeit grey and bleeding.

There was so much carnage The admin couldn't see what was happening so I patched up and reloaded my enfield.

It was down to us.

I took a position behind the flaming rubble that had been the house waiting for this idiot admin to respawn. And then he did.

I fired all I had at him but the SOB made himself invicible.

I would've had him, TWICE

if he would've played fair but like the butthurt 10 year old he was. He cheated. AGAIN. And murdered me with his souped up glitched in M4 CCO

This is why I don't like people and I stay away from them.

When bad things happen, they usually go nuclear

Well I have been playing the mod for ages, on the dayzrp servers and have NEVER killed anyone, not really the KOS kinda guy! Been executed a few times though :) Started playing SA a few days ago and I was fairly geared after around an hour. Dbl Barrel, Axe, camo clothes and supplies. I was on the Nth East coast and decided to follow the ocean to Elektro for some player interaction. I roll into Kamyshovo real cautious, tree to tree head on a swivel (just cause I don't kill people doesn't mean I don't sneak up and break peoples legs). I see that the seaward side house doors are all swinging open in the breeze, then I notice the dead man a way down the road, sprawled in a pool of blood, not wearing any pants (WTF).

I stealth down the back fences and stay out of any potential iron sights until I draw near the ravaged body. Then I hear voices in a house across the road, I follow them through the town, unseen and barely in earshot. One survivor has an old woodaxe, while the other has what looks like an forge hammer. One of the pair then passes out from starvation, so I head over and offer some help as they seem friendly enough. I tell them I have an epi pen and some supplies that I will share in exchange for some company to elektro, the woods are awful eerie at night...

After grateful thanks and a deal struck I knelt down next to the unconscious survivor and prepare to administer the epi pen. I decide one final head check of the area is needed before I begin...

I dodge to the left and the swing that would have taken my head, grazes down my arm. Dodging my would-be travel companions axe and fumbling with the epi pen I clumsily manage to unsling my shotgun and run onto the road, I fire a warning shot, but still this crazed madman approaches with the rusty axe. 12 gauge of buckshot entered his face and he dropped violently as he bled out into the bitumen.

As I walked back to the unconscious I loaded fresh buckshot into my shotgun, he had passed like many others in Chernarus, the hunger had taken him (Thinking back it was probably my warning shot, whoops sorry unconscious guy). I set to the grizzly task of removing his head with my bayonet, I was heading into the woods and couldn't leave him to the undead, he at least did not deserve that fate.

Walking behind the pub, I washed my hands and vanished into the woods...

**What I should have done was made the other guy drop the axe from the get go, wont make that mistake again! Always keep your head on a swivel, it sure did save me that time! Seriously though after months of dayz that was my first kill, probably wont be my last but I know I will never kos not my style of play**

My first and only kill was I guy with an axe who was trying to kill another guy who was just trying to run away. He was clearly evil so I shot him down after telling him to stop and him never stopping.

i think it was on the Balotta Airfeld, first Character i´ve made.. i was fully geared and went outside the Airfeld.

The Night comes over me and i crawled in the high grass outside. I thought nobody can see me on this Distance.. suddenly 1 shot and a black screen with the Notice "you are dead". I played since this Death over 100 hours and have still no clue from where the Shot comes or how this Guy seen me in fully Darkness. 

Back in teh mod, was my first and only outright murder.

A man, trapped in the school/ office by zombies, I could see him through the end window.

I was in the top of the pub, he was on the second story of the school/ office.

In one ear I have my friend telling me to kill him ;_; I shoot, if he wasn't instantly dead he would be struggling on the ground being eaten by zombies.

I go to check his stuff and he is no more helpful to me than a can of soda and some Enfield rounds :(

I haven't killed in anything other than self defence/ sought out vengeance since.

Except this a couple times in a big vehicle server, but that was kind of different in the fact that everyone seemed to be after PVP and vehicle engagements, as they do.

I'm a bit more heroic in the standalone, and have only killed people that have tried to kill me.

My first kill happend when i was hiding at the school in Elektro. A guy entered the room i was in. Before he noticed my i almost emptied a complete fnx mag in his body. Before the bullets hit his torso i can hear him say "I'm friendly mate".

The second kill i made was when i tried to loot the NEAF. When i walked in I saw a guy equiped with a mosin. I guess he didnt saw me running from the bushes to the jailhouse. In the jailhouse i ran upstairs and started looking. empty. I thought i heard footsteps so i hid between the 2 bunk beds. Nothing came in. A split second later i heard the reloading sound and a guy logged in in front of me. Without any doubt i gave him 2 bullets to the head as a warm welcome present.

My first kill actually occured the first time i ever played the game. So keep that in mind, while judging my noobish behaviour.

Right, so i was in Berezino (didn't know that at the time though), freshly spawned and eeger to get some loot and some friends. I noticed there where almost no Z. At least way fewer than i had imagined, so i really wasn't that careful. I got my hands on a backpack and a fireaxe right away, finding all the awesome equipment you want as a noob, food, water, compass, and i decide i want to make it up on one of the rooftops to maybe get a glimpse of another survivor. So i do. And i spot one and since i just a minute earlier learned how to wave, i wave. Because... You know... That's what you do. He freezes in his tracks, looking up at this stranger wearing a robbermask and a hardhat looking like a fool. Must've been quite traumatic.

We meet at the bottom of the ladder and he writes me on the chat, asking about water. And i had water so i dropped it on the ground. This was back when anything you dropped would appear half-a minute later, so he never saw me doing it. I didn't know the hotkeys to chat so i had to look it up, pressing ESC.

While in my menu this guy started to punch me so i quickly ESC back out and put my axe in his face.

My first murder. I felt horrible. At least i learned how to use the chat now. So... Yay..

My first kill was in Novy Sobor on the way to the NW airfield. I was searching a building with the piano in it. I felt safe because there were several zombies in the area and no doors to the buildings where open. I proceed to clear the first floor and found nothing special. I heard a zombie agro on me while in the building. I figured I would proceed up the stairs and search the one room. I would do a quick sweep and kill the zombie outside the building. As I open the door I was confronted with a player laying prone on the ground with a SKS pointing at me. I thought I'm dead; I had my ax out. Nothing happen so I figure I caught him napping. I raced at him and started swinging. There was lag so I was not sure if I hit him. He ran from the room with me chasing him. We left the building and he started to run. He put away his gun and sprinted away. He alerted several other zombies while trying to escape me. I took care of the one that originally agro on me when I first entered the building. By now he had 2 zombies on him. He ran back towards me with a splitting ax raised. We traded blows. I think at that point I hit him or a zombie had because he was bleeding. He ran down the road away from me. I dispatched the rest of the zombies that agro on him and now had went after me. I followed the best I could but he was running bare handed. He then stopped to bandage himself. That is when I pulled out my SKS with PU scope and shot him.

I felt elated and triumphant at my first kill. I considered him a bandit at the time. I ran up to the body and check out his loot. Most of it was ruined.  He had no bullets for his SKS. I felt like a murder. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to try and play the game fairly and treat players as I would like to be treated. I had just ended up joining the ranks of the KOS. 

I was ashamed with myself for my first murder. I when into a prison and turned the corner to see a player standing at the end of the corridoor. I pulled the trigger without thinking and he when down. It was not until afterwards that I thought about it and should have been friendly. (still looted him thou)

Edited by MeltedAd

My first kill was pretty lame, I found a guy with an axe I said hi, he came charging at me so I panicked and shot him 30 times in the chest....... 

My first and only player kill occured when I spawned close to Elektrozavodsk so I went there to gear up. When I left Elektro, I already had an FNX45 and a clip with 15 rounds in it. While going east, following the road to then head north towards Svetloyarsk, a player jumped out of the woods and started firing at me with a revolver. I quickly pulled my FNX45 and started firing back. Lucky for me, I had the healthy status, so I survived. He had similar loot to mine. A gun, some food and some soda, and a 25 slot bag. But he did have a militarry helmet witch I somehow manage to ruin.
I hate having to fire at other players but when they fire at you first, you don't have much of choice but to fire back.

Just started playing the game a couple of days ago. Two members of my Mech warrior Online regiment, who were DayZ vets, decided that we should do some hunting on the NWAF. We gear up, me and another with Mosins and another with a m4, and head to the firehouse roof to set up a sniper nest.

For an hour, nothing happens. We are in a big server with over 30 people, but no one is showing up. Suddenly our m4 guy spots a survivor running into the neaest hangar. I pop up in a crouch and fire off a shot but miss the guy as he scrambles into the hangar's doorway. We watch the doorway but think that this guy must have surely logged. Thirty seconds later he pops out and looks directly at me. My Mosin barks and a bloom of red appears in the center of his chest. Perfect center of mass shot.

It was only after my fellow sniper looted the body that my m4 buddy mentions that the enemy had fired off at least three rounds- I was so focused that I completely missed his fire. Today was a good day, even after our nest was stormed by two different fireteams an hour later.

My first murder was a Nightelf rogue in Undercity!!!

• Like 2

Just had my first questionable engagement last weekend. Spent the night meeting up with 2 buddies who had to make their way from the east coast, while I ran down from the NW part of the map. After finally grouping up and handing over my spare magnum to 1 guy and ammo for the blaze rifle he picked up. We hoofed it toward Novy Sober but on the approach decided to try and zoom in on the town to make sure it was safe. As I'm looking down at the town through my rifle my buddy starts shouting about 2 geared guys heading up the road. I thought he ment in town....they were on the road we were standing just off of though. I toss out a courteous "Just keep walking" to our new friends, oh no they hit the dirt. One guy disappears in the grass and the other I couldn't see due to bushes. We engage Blaze rounds BOOM BOOM then 1 buddy is shot down, I take a round to the jacket while starting to flank; later finding out it ruined my ammo can, Bastards!!, BOOM BOOM BOOM my buddy with the revolver is engaging, I opened up with the M4 at that point and take out the 2nd guy that had gone prone on the road.
As we start looting I found that the first guy was just knocked out, I put a few more rounds in him but wished I would have cuffed him instead in hindsight. It was great actually seeing the people shooting at me for once, usually My screen just fades to black from some evil sniper.

i haven't murdered anyone but i have fraged a few... i mean, someone seems to put maybe little bit to much into playing a fucking GAME?

I saw a guy today outside of a barracks near NW airfield. He didn't notice me at first until I had my gun aimed at him. However, I didn't shoot him as he didn't present a clear threat. He then saw me and yelled out "friendly" on voice comm, so I lowered my gun and tried to tell him which building had been looted already so he wouldn't have to waste his time.  When I had my guard lowered, his friend started shooting my back and hit me in the leg. I fired back and ran behind cover, and left the area as quickly as possible. I'm pretty sure I shot the guy behind me, but not sure if I killed him.

Edited by Sunslayer

My first murder was a Nightelf rogue in Undercity!!!

He had it coming, and that's not murder.

Stepping on a roach is *never* murder but always justified.

I was in a building armed with just an axe. Two guys burst in armed also with axes. "Friendly" I shout as they started swinging at me. They missed, and I managed to swerve past them and ran out of the building. "COME HERE YOU FUCKER" one of them shouts in a rather unpleasant Mexican type accent. I didn't. They were both chasing me down the road and catching up fast. I had to do something. I decided to try and lose them by running between houses, through sheds, alongside fences etc. I eventually got out onto another road and ran down that. I took a look behind and only one of them was still in pursuit. I managed to shake one. Then I thought fuck this and stopped and turned round. After a brief axe duel I managed to bring mine down on top of his head and split it to his thrapple. I stood over his body to wait for his mate. He didn't arrive. I looted his still warm body for a tin of tuna and a fresh apple and was on my way, leaving his friend to wander the wastes of Chernarus alone for all eternity, ruing the day they bumped into Burmabaines.

"Come here you fucker!" Still ringing in my ears. I did. And now he's dead.