Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

A console version would kill this game tbh..

If you wanted a barebones version of something, you buy a console. Battlefield games on consoles have been a joke for years now. I've come to like using my tv for my monitor, with real 1080p, and a framerate over 30 fps. It makes a difference.

30 FPS?  You lucky bastard!

• Like 1

So you opened the challenge for Arma on console... you got linked 2 videos as example... and simply ignore it...

RIGHT!

You are indeed superior in ignorance to most others, congratulations.

/thread.

I'll go ahead and take your claim of my superiority as a truth :P

You know, I don't know why you think you have to hate me, I'm simply saying that the box in my living room doesn't have the singlecore CPU performance of the box on my desk. Why do you have to attack me so harshly?

RV 3, and "3.5" are dependant on fast CPU's. And the xbox and ps4 don't have these speeds. Surely you can agree with me that this is a fact?

Edited by Weparo

The amount of insecure pc elitists in here is funny.

I hope after their finished making the PC version, they port it to console for sure. Id double dip.

Seinfeld-Double-Dipper-630x465.png

I'll go ahead and take your claim of my superiority as a truth :P

You know, I don't know why you think you have to hate me, I'm simply saying that the box in my living room doesn't have the singlecore CPU performance of the box on my desk. Why do you have to attack me so harshly?

RV 3, and "3.5" are dependant on fast CPU's. And the xbox and ps4 don't have these speeds. Surely you can agree with me that this is a fact?

And non-Cell (PS3) processors will never be able to run MGS4.

Systems get redesigned and re-optimized to work on different architectures.

That's the entire reason it takes time and money, and isnt (supposed) to be a copy&paste operation.

I actually do have SOME LIMITED experience trying to port my little pet Unity projects onto iPad... it's a task so monumental that unless you have actually looked into it, you would NEVER understand it.

My Unity code LITERALLY MEANS NOTHING to the iPad!

Your misunderstanding, and/or misconceptions, about console ports seems to stem only from the experience of badly done ports that permeate 90% of the "multiplatform" games in the market atm.

I will give you one thing: MOST ports, by a landslide margin, are done like shit.

I will give you one thing: MOST ports, by a landslide margin, are done like shit.

I'll believe that right away :D

I mean, maybe it's possible, but I just can't see it happening on the ps4 & xbox 1. After all, we can't even get proper multithreading on the PC, and the "next-gen" consoles are very, very PC like.

Who knows after all. I just don't see it happening performance-wise. mabe PS5 and the next xbox...

And as for these two ports mentioned earlier, look at the specs too. now look at the PC vs PS4/Xbox specs. I'm just saying that I'd be really extremly surprised.

Edited by Weparo

Consoles serve they're purpose for people (like me) who can not be fecked with ever changing spec machine and having to replace a rig every 2-3 years. Not to mention the hackers who basically ruin the experience on PC which was the case with the mod for me.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan boy of PC or consoles. I can afford both for now. But when kids come along to bleed my wallet dry then the console is a more viable option as I know I will get years use from it.

Each to they're own. Having to resort to childish name calling and looking down on someone who buys one machine over another is ludicrous. Remember your nothing but a consumer making someone else rich, your not part of any elite organisation, your not going to achieve anything life changing because you own a PC.

• Like 1

It's not gonna happen anyways. I know I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again : The Xbox and the PS4 are too weak. Please, before telling me otherwise, have a look at the specs of an xbox, and compare it to your PC. Can you imagine the fps?

Lol what? I think the consoles are strong little buggers for a fair price.

Oh geez, no way...It would cause the death of the game and community. xD I love being such a arrogant elitist. ^-^

Skip the consoles, focus on the PC.

I would absolutely love it if they ported DayZ to the Xbox One! It's completely unlikely from comments made by Dean himself, but I can still dream can't I?

Until then I'll just keep playing it on my PC. ;)

The developers always claim it wont impact the PC version....... it ALWAYS DOES! It'll be far worse with Dayz and how small the development team is, they'll have a load of resources going over to the console version, then progress on the PC version will be slower than it already is. Then you start seeing things dumbed down for the PC version so they can speed up development by keeping things the same on each platform. 

Standalone is shit enough as it is, I cannot see it rivalling the Mod in the next year, progress has been so slow, the modders of the mod are storming ahead and SA is void of any content. The focus needs to be on the PC version, getting it to run smoothly, not having FPS drop to 20 in cities, fixing zombies and loot, putting in vehicles... I mean why aren't vehicles in? It's so unplayable without them, either give me an auto run or vehicles sometime soon. I don't know any one who plays SA any more, all have quit and just play the mod from time to time,

Console version is a no go tbh, it would be so disappointing to see this game getting ported to them. Is there any need to these days? The PC has like 80 million on Steam and whoever else, including potential users. These new consoles are already under powered, struggling to do 1080p and are largely pointless. This is the first time ever, where consoles have launched so far behind PC hardware, usually they're on par, but not this time. It's only going to get worse with new APIs like Mantle, which show a 60% increase over DX in BF4 and new hardware that gets released every year.

Skip the consoles, focus on the PC.

it will happen . you dont turn down the money they will give you or lose that amount of money. playstation was the fav from what i seen. maybe microshaft wernt to accomidating.

it would take 8-12 weeks to port over like most games. so it isnt a major job. so 2/3 month to port over to many millions in sales would you turn it down or just say sorry we love our fanbase on pc too much :lol: .

Nothing to say except this... Ahem... Console sucks... There you have it...

• Like 1

Console versions wouldn't ruin this game anymore then people wanting full blown military gear and mods to give them all the epic phat lewtz they want. 

• Like 1

it will happen . you dont turn down the money they will give you or lose that amount of money. playstation was the fav from what i seen. maybe microshaft wernt to accomidating.

it would take 8-12 weeks to port over like most games. so it isnt a major job. so 2/3 month to port over to many millions in sales would you turn it down or just say sorry we love our fanbase on pc too much :lol: .

if the game engine allowed for easy porting to the weak as balls consoles we have sure o.o

• Like 1

I'd love to have console players over mingling among the rest of us. Imagine someone with a console controller trying to aim a mosin at you - they'd be dead in a heartbeat and their butthurt asses would be over here complaining about not having auto-aim. Love it.

• Like 1

I'd love to have console players over mingling among the rest of us. Imagine someone with a console controller trying to aim a mosin at you - they'd be dead in a heartbeat and their butthurt asses would be over here complaining about not having auto-aim. Love it.

Laugh all you want, but I find the controller to be a LOT more conducive to the steady control needed for long range sniping than a mouse.

Close quarters sure, is where the controller shows it's weakness, but the slower nature of long range engagements, is where it's actually vastly superior.

Do you remember MoH:AA and how great was that? Then the first couple of CoD games? Damn fine games, created by the same team responsible for MoH:AA. They were all designed for the PC, built on the PC by PC gamers. Further games however were not and the lack of realism, the dreadful hit boxing and utterly shameful aim assist are down to the game being switched to focus on consoles.

Those studios were owned by Activision / EA.. Dean and his team are thankfully not.

• Like 1

Laugh all you want, but I find the controller to be a LOT more conducive to the steady control needed for long range sniping than a mouse.

Close quarters sure, is where the controller shows it's weakness, but the slower nature of long range engagements, is where it's actually vastly superior.

I'm not laughing, I just don't see how it'd help in any situation (except driving maybe). Even sniping, having played it with multiple controllers, a mouse dominated everything except a gun controller with IR/laser sensors.

I'm not laughing, I just don't see how it'd help in any situation (except driving maybe). Even sniping, having played it with multiple controllers, a mouse dominated everything except a gun controller with IR/laser sensors.

I'm laughing my ass off at that.. sniping with a controller better than with a mouse..

001.jpg

• Like 1

I'm laughing my ass off at that.. sniping with a controller better than with a mouse..

Depends on your playstyle I guess. Personally I'm a lot more quick and accurate using a controller than I am with a keyboard/mouse. And that's coming from someone who's been playing with a keyboard/mouse almost exclusively for the last 6 years or so.

I grew up playing consoles and have never really been comfortable with a keyboard/mouse. But I do it only because some of my favorite games are PC only. If they were available on Xbox I would jump ship immediately. :D

Lol what? I think the consoles are strong little buggers for a fair price.

500 USD for these pieces of _$$%#?

Sorry, but no! Consoles are a ripoff. From what I've heard (confirmed) the PS4 is about 360is to produce, and they sell it for 500. Sorry, but consoles are for people that don't have the time or will to build a PC, but they are certainly not a good deal. For 500 you can build a way stronger PC. Way stronger!

EDIT: Before you tear me appart, I don't mean to say that consoles are shit per se. But performance wise, these "new-gen" consoles are a fucking joke, my 5 y/o PC is twice their performace at about 400 USD.

Edited by Weparo

That won't happen. Consoles require that you use their network, which doesn't allow any other platform on that network.

Depends on your playstyle I guess. Personally I'm a lot more quick and accurate using a controller than I am with a keyboard/mouse. And that's coming from someone who's been playing with a keyboard/mouse almost exclusively for the last 6 years or so.

I grew up playing consoles and have never really been comfortable with a keyboard/mouse. But I do it only because some of my favorite games are PC only. If they were available on Xbox I would jump ship immediately. :D

using a controller vs someone using a keyboard and mouse in a shooter will end with you getting owned 9 out of 10 times, provided the person using the keyboard/mouse combo isn't a downy or something.

A lot of people don't realize that they tweak the game to make aiming easier to compensate for the terrible interface that is a game controller (for FPS that is).

using a controller vs someone using a keyboard and mouse in a shooter will end with you getting owned 9 out of 10 times, provided the person using the keyboard/mouse combo isn't a downy or something.

That's fine since I usually get owned while using a keyboard/mouse anyways. At least I'll have a chance with a controller. It's just easier for me personally.