Sign in to follow this  
Rrezz

Rain?

Any idea on when rain will be implemented?

I saw this tweet by rocket:

YES! Finally got weather sync'ing at engine level properly! Rain is going to start becoming a serious issues, affecting gameplay! #DayZDaily

Does this mean it will be released soon?

I think it will be an amazing addition, however I just hope there are good ways to combat getting sick, such as:

Jackets keeping you warm which is a given, but what jackets? and I assume ruined won't give you protection but pristine would give the best, so clothing damage might mean something now?

Also he mentioned Fires would keep you warm, I was not aware you could make fires? I realize there's propane tanks etc but I have never used them before.

Buildings would also keep you safe from the rain from what he said.

Hopefully it turns out good.

The only thing I wish they would do is fix zombies already, having them walk through walls is honestly annoying.

ANd is it just me or have zombies gotten smarter? They now see me from half way across town, and hear me when I am a far bit away from them.

Also they just DO NOT give up, I literally had a zombie follow me from one end of Gorka to the other end, and I was running around houses, inside houses out the other side to try and lose eye contact, and the zombie just would not give up.

It's nice there smarter, but they did get more annoying as they are relentless now.

I noticed they don't phase through every wall, but they do phase through a fair amount, so I can only assume they are slowly going through each building and fixing the issue one wall at a time.

Is there anywhere I can see a list of future updates in the next update, or experimental build? I would like to check out what they have in store for us in the next major update where they add new content etc.

There is already rain, though. No?   :P

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

More they reach satifsying level of optimisation, more zombies, loot spawn, any other stuff would be implemented. And yes, till it hasn't announced, wait it on wednesday.

Edited by Gorgeous Richie

Most servers are just set to daytime and sunny skies. Rain and the storms are bad ass! The thunder is freaking loud and sounds pretty good. One thing I haven't done yet but want to try, is to sync up my mosin shots to the thunder, see if it covers the sound very well.

• Like 2

There is rain, but I don't think rain does anything other than cosmetics right now though. Sadly.

With that said, I wonder if they're going to add rain ponchos... or if you actually have to use the current rain coats.

Rain, in it's current state looks absolutely badass. Like PROPER. Way better than the mod. It changes the entire atmosphere of the game. Dark gray skies. Seeing your breath. Limited visibility. I love it. I can't wait for this. It affected your body heat, and caused sickness back in the mod if you do remember. Way back when. If you camped under a tree in the rain for a couple hours, and didn't take heat packs with you, you usually ended up sick, and in such of antibiotics to cure yourself, and fires did help as well. So I'm glad these "once apart of the mod" features are getting to the SA now. 

The weather system will be pretty badass once it's done.

• Rain will make your character wet (swimming will, too) unless you wear a raincoat (or other appropriate clothes)
  • If you are wet you need to dry by seeking shelter inside a building and/or staying close to a fireplace (or use a heatpack?) 
  • If you are wet and thus cold for too long, you will get sick
  • You can also get cold from wind and weather other than rain if you aren't dresses warm enough
  • There will be many different diseases you can get, from a simple cold to serious influenza
  • Medicine apart from Bandages and Morphine will finally have a good use

Its gonna be Amäzing!

yeah so if you cant afford to use rain gear than things like furnace wood and matches to build a fire are going to be a must and staying out in the woods without cover is going to be far more taxing on a persons body now. Finding a house or someplace to stay in that doesn't get hit heavy with loot traffic is going to be a must to keep from catching colds.

So now its going to come down to do you really need all that extra ammo or will you take the rain gear/boots to live longer?

The weather system will be pretty badass once it's done.

• Rain will make your character wet (swimming will, too) unless you wear a raincoat (or other appropriate clothes)
  • If you are wet you need to dry by seeking shelter inside a building and/or staying close to a fireplace (or use a heatpack?) 
  • If you are wet and thus cold for too long, you will get sick
  • You can also get cold from wind and weather other than rain if you aren't dresses warm enough
  • There will be many different diseases you can get, from a simple cold to serious influenza
  • Medicine apart from Bandages and Morphine will finally have a good use

Its gonna be Amäzing!

Well i dont know about amazing but its definitely going to reduce the KOS in areas when rain hits.

I'd be disappointed if we'll be allowed to make a fire outside in the rain. Shelter would be necessary to keep the fire from getting doused. Rocket said they will be making fire places useful, now that would be awesome, and dangerous. Think about starting a fire in a fireplace but it causing smoke from the roof where people will be able to see it and come. Bandits will certainly take advantage of that.

already here...go play the freaking game.....

You must not have played any DayZ latley.

Almost every server is raining.

Played over 12 hours on the same server yesterday.

Never saw 1 drop of rain.

I play on max settings.

Explain.

Edited by Rrezz

Played over 12 hours on the same server yesterday.

Never saw 1 drop of rain.

I play on max settings.

Explain.

Some servers have rain set more than other just gotta keep looking. Found a server where it rains more often myself. So this will make the mechanics more active which is good.