gibonez

Let's talk about heavy weapons

perfect for an ambush. First take some training shots at a road, adjust range and wait.

Perfect for defending a base also.

set up ranges and coordinates for popular shooting positions people use for attacking your base such as tree lines, hill tops. Write these down.

Then when attacked, you can quickly go to the set up mortar punch in the coordinates and fire on the would be attackers.

I would be okay with weapons that could be put together using basic items.  If you can make it work by scavenging a few bullets, adding some household liquids, and some duct tape, then I think that would be acceptable.  Presumably the fall of civilization happened within 5 years in the game (canned sardines say they expire after 5 years, and they are still edible).  In a few years, in a country that has gone through hell a few times, I don't think it would be unreasonable that most military grade weapons would be damaged, ruined, stolen, lost, buried, destroyed, or inaccessible.  Being able to do major repairs or modifications would require a shop with power, which would mean tapping into what was left of the grid that runs the street lights.

So pretty much I'm ok with small IED's, the exceedingly rare RPG, and LMG type weapons.  Artillery and high explosives - no.

Heavy weapons should be treated like that.

Context menu to deploy pieces of the weapon down such as tripods and then you can mount the actual weapon on the base.

Bases of weapons such as a tripod should be weldable to a vehicles.