Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

SKS grenade launcher

It still has the GL sights in-game. And apparently no holes like said (I didn't bother to check on my own). Really who knows.. maybe they intended it to have a grenade.. I mean, if not, why purposely make a yugo model and even annouce it as one. The SKS is definitely attachment starved as well.. not even a bigger mag.

One of my AK muzzle breaks has side vents.  I think the intent is flash suppression.

Level with the bore is fine, not as good as ports that point up and "up and out" In that pic the holes appear to be below the center-line of the bore, that is BAD, as it will increase muzzle climb and kick up debris when prone, not sure the gun in the picture is level tho, also not sure they are anything more than shadow pixels that got over enhanced.

Edited by Franchi

Looking at it in game, I thought the holes run horizontally.

Can you post a screen shot? Mine shows no holes whatsoever, tho that might be my settings.

I don't have mine right now, I lost it in a bush!  But on my back, using 3PP, it looked like the holes were running down the sides.

Good research, but the in game model still has the GL sight as far as I can see..

Yes, they haven't removed them.

No holes on mine.

I think what you are seeing there are over enhanced pixels, either that or someone is really bad at modeling muzzle breaks, holes there would do absolutely nothing to reduce muzzle climb in fact if that SKS is level they would increase muzzle climb not to mention kick dirt up when shot prone.

It most definitely has a bunch of small holes, I first noticed this back in December.

Here's the closeup:

SdC8OUh.png

Could be wrong, but looking at the texture, it kinda looks like it's a Yugo SKS... huh. I see what appears to be a muzzle brake (looks like the grenade launcher had a bunch of holes drilled into it) and part of the grenade launcher sights. Also it seems to have night sights.

Yes, they haven't removed them.

It most definitely has a bunch of small holes, I first noticed this back in December.

Here's the closeup:

SdC8OUh.png

Very strange, even when laying prone with it on my back, as close as I can get to it in game mine shows no holes, time to crank my settings and melt my GPU FOR SCIENCE!!!!!!

You are in fact correct, multiple lines of holes, darn, now i really have to get rid of the POS, but in my urgency to find a day server to check it out I lost the M4 I had found!

Edited by Franchi

They're pretty rare, plus you can't just pop em off with a live round. ^^ You need special blanks and all that.

How about no noob-tubes in our DayZ, thank you and have a good day.

These "noob-tubes" you speak of are nothing like in other games. Hope you know how to use the flip up sights.