Sign in to follow this  
Spartan5364

am i going crazy or am I hearing things?

every once in a while there will be a sound, like someone opening a can of soda.

Used to get seriously freaked out everytime I heard it but now I assume it's nothing...

I get it too, sodas, tin can opening.. even the reloading/logging in sound.. it has me on a knife edge every damn time. 

• Like 1

Known issue with sound effects. Also, you'll hear random zombie noises, which, I believe, are being made by wildlife (rabbits, for instance). It'll get fixed.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that, for some reason, some of the bunnies had some random sounds attached them. Not intentionally, but this is why you may hear opening cans, or a zombie growl out in the middle of nowhere sometimes.

I can't say 100% though as I can't find the thread.

[edit: damn you zhrike! :P]

Edited by Rhodes

Well, how about the beeping noise you'll here off and on near structures.  I don't ever remember hearing the beeping noise out in the woods.  It just seems to happen in towns mostly.  Does this beeping meaning anything significant?  Could it be a warning or maybe to let you know there are items near.

Every 10 minutes or so, I hear an engine idling for a few secs and then stopping, like if some1 would "engine off" or "get out" of a vehicle.

This happens everytime I play, everywhere on the map, even in remote wilderness. My squadmates cannot hear it. Wtf?

Every 10 minutes or so, I hear an engine idling for a few secs and then stopping, like if some1 would "engine off" or "get out" of a vehicle.

This happens everytime I play, everywhere on the map, even in remote wilderness. My squadmates cannot hear it. Wtf?

That is part of the background music I think. When I first started playing that one used to freak me out and I would hit the deck and look around for a car or truck but there was never anything there. The one that gets me is the snapping twigs sound that seems to play in the woods at random intervals-gets me every time.

Isn't this an issue in standalone? It's posted in the mod section...