spawn (DayZ)

justify your actions

I have seen people posting about how bandits or PKers all say they kill people for a reason in the forums here. It seems that every bandit or PKer has justification for killing anyone they want. if its for beans or a makorov mag. Now PKers dont usually need any of these things or a shitty winchester or anything that is in any town. 97% of the people that killed me or people I know have all been snipers. here is a video of a PKer killing for no reason. why? what is he killing them for. isn;t the aim of the game to survive and not PK as if its COD or BF3? these PKers are turning this game in to one of those games except with zombies in it. you see hi with a few other players but guess what I bet they all kill anyone they see that is not them not caring if bandit or not. is this any difference to COD or BF3 playing with your team and vs another team?

link

you can not disagree with anything I say here. Now what is the aim this player which is one of many. what is he trying to do except for kill anyone he sights. is he exploring? is he trying to survive clearing towns or trying to get a car together while he defends himself from other players who are trying to do the same or is he just killing for no reason. killing anyone he has in his sights changes nothing except for a number or kill count.

how is this for a suggestion.

Go back a few versions to when there was bandit skins based on your humanity. bandits want to be bandits so let them they add to the fun, but when they kill other bandits they should gain humanity because they are killing one of their own. same for survivors but when they kill a bandit let them gain humanity. this means that people are not killing anyone they see for no reason because people will want to wither stay a survifor or bandit.

many of the other updates and fixed can stay in place. But remember the day when there were bandit skins and how different playing was. you would see people you dont want to kill and see others you want to kill.

I forget what version it was I think version 1.4 where you couldnlt climb ladders with a pistol. back then the game play was so much different.

also a suggestion a counter of how many kills you have in total would be nice, one that rolles over when you die

those people usually have a "runner" that picks up all the loot of all the victims.

ill agree that killing fresh spawns is a way to create a surplus of bandages and painkillers, but if you're out in the wilderness, hunting animals, you won't need medical supplies unless rocket eventually codes the animals to fight back or become hostile upon seeing you.

"bandits" usually kill others to get medical supplies and food, so that all they have to do is raid top tier loot spawns, without needing to sneak into a hospital or medical tent (which is in all honesty more dangerous than going to stary or nw airfield.)

EDIT: a few typos

in accordance with the human rights legislation and the 1st ammendments you are entitled to your opinion

I take it your a bandit who kills people for nothing more then the kill count

It should be where once you get killed by another player a little window pops up saying "forgive (player name)?" and if you click no they get killed.

No, killed and kicked!

why do the bandits need food? to heal? no. how often do you need to eat food to heal yourself unless you have been shot by another player. and bandits usually have a high powered weapon that kill in 1 or two shots so food is useless to bandits. as you can see bandits are mostly snipers who shoot from 200 3 or 400m away or more and dont need any supplies because their health is full because they dont get attacked by zombies.

all they need is food and water to survive which means they can get that in nearly any building and the way they play sitting there waiting to kill they only need a few cans of food or water to last them a whole day. 1 every hour or so. they dont kill for medical suplies either becuase theydont get attacked because they are hidden and waiting. I play with 1 bandit who kills for no reason. he changes his name for the rolle he plays but he agrees he kills players just for a kill count he needs nothing from their bodies

I agree that PK'ers are not playing the game in the way it was originally intended. This is supposed to be a survivor game; not a straight death-match game. Apparently these are people that get their rocks off ruining the game experience of other random, unknown, game players. You see them everywhere in other games, EVE, Left for Dead, and on and on. Unfortunately you can't get rid of them.

What I suggest is make it possible to identify these people in some way so that they can be hunted and killed by other players. My group of friends would love that as a late game job to do(We need one). Skins seem to me to be to obvious. But I never did play with that mod. Came to DayZ to late.

How about just having a button (Like "I" as in Arma) where you can see a list of how many Players a guy has killed. This would leave some ambiguity. If all 50 players have an average of five PC kills then their is no way to tell who is a killer. If one player has 80 kills...he is a Pk'r. In my short time in the game I have killed three times...all because I felt trapped or threatened. Usually I avoid contact if I can. I have also been killed myself three times.

For this to work there would have to be some way of telling who is who when you look at them. Some servers have this turned off.

To those who say this isn't realistic; you need to think about it. If someone has made numerous PK kills in a real world like this...rumors would begin to go around. People would begin to suspect. The more kills the more likely people will hear about the rumors. Once you have Pk'd enough EVERYONE will know or at least believe it. A simple listing causes the exact same progression.

The big question about this is would your count restart when you do? I have to say it should, otherwise the longer you play the higher your count.

There are going to be PKers as long as it's easy. The abundance of guns in the game makes it really easy to get away with. 75% of the people I run into try to kill me. Most of them I don't even see before I'm fired on. It does ruin the game a lot, especially when I just want to team up with someone.

I had a band of players actually give me a chance once and it got really tense when they were yelling at me to lower my weapon. Unfortunately a bug was preventing me from doing that and they blew me away when it looked like I wasn't complying. Besides the bug, that was really fun gameplay. That's the potential this mod has. But getting people to play that way is going to be hard.

I wish I could booby-trap my body. That would be poetic.

I completely disagree. Did you ever think that sometimes people will just kill for fun? That they're just psychopaths? Some men just want to watch the world burn. It doesn't break realism at all. Sure, it might ruin your fun, but it's part of the experience.

Even if a bandit is using a sniper rifle, that doesn't mean he hasn't had close encounters with the Zeds. It's much safer for him to pick off players and take their supplies when he needs them instead of going into a dangerous area where he could be jumped by other players or zeds. In a post apocalyptic world, there is no law, no rules, and no punishment for those who do things that society once deemed wrong.

Sooooo pretty much what I'm saying is... DEAL WITH IT.

the thing is if they make ammo or weapons less available it wont make a difference. peple will kill other people with only 2 shots and when they kill them they have a chance to get an extra 30 rounds. even a mak can kill you in 2 well aimed shots. people will want to kill eachother just as much as with no weapons or good or lots of weapons or food. the point is people are not killing for the loot but for the kill.

if there is less loot around its more of a reason to kill someone because you want his loot. even his 2 mak mags will help you. now as for teaming up with low ammo around there is less chance of people wanting to do that because they dont want to waste their ammo on a stranger helping him

ok the way the game is going there is nothing about realism about it. in real life u can do soooooooo much more basic things. like move and shoot at the same time, change weapons on the move. there is nothing real about the game.

if they wanted to make it more real they would realise people need to band together to survvive. people solo have no chance. so they need to make an attraction for people to band together.

the walking dead, falling skies for example

I completely disagree. Did you ever think that sometimes people will just kill for fun? That they're just psychopaths? Some men just want to watch the world burn. It doesn't break realism at all. Sure' date=' it might ruin your fun, but it's part of the experience.

Even if a bandit is using a sniper rifle, that doesn't mean he hasn't had close encounters with the Zeds. It's much safer for him to pick off players and take their supplies when he needs them instead of going into a dangerous area where he could be jumped by other players or zeds. In a post apocalyptic world, there is no law, no rules, and no punishment for those who do things that society once deemed wrong.

Sooooo pretty much what I'm saying is... DEAL WITH IT.

[/quote']

Are you implying that psycho's survived the pandemic more than others? Or did the pandemic turn them into psychopaths...or are you implying that the people playing PK'rs in the game are latent psychopaths?

In a real world situation like this most people(99%) would want to band together to help each other survive. This is part of what makes humans human. It is the aninimity of the internet and the fact that death is not permanent that allows these PK'rs to do what they do. They get off on ruining the experience for others.

As to "Dealing with it" players will if there is some mechanic in the game that identify s who the killers are...we can kill them on sight just like the 99% would in a real situation like this.

once again there is nothing realistic about the game. or the mod. simulators are not fun which is why people dont play them its has been said before. what is a bit anoying is you can play for 4 months and die 40 times. the 41st time you are killed you are no further in the game then you were 4 months ago when you first logged in on the shore. this is where I think a total kill counts could be put in place. or like an RPG style. if you kill 100 bandits you get 100 points granting you 100 more blood. if you kill 3 survivors you lose 3 of those points if your a survivour.

and tha same for bandits. if bandits kill survivors they get a point towars theur next 100 blood stack. now head shots still take 1 shot to kill.

I feel the game needs to have a purpose or a gain after 100 hours of playing instead of no progress and your back on the shore

I'll repeat what i said in another topic.

This is DayZ you don't deserve to have fun, you have to take your fun by force from other players.

Without a society to put warrants on peoples head you have zero chance of spotting who is a good guy and who is a bad guy, or who is "grey guy" ( i love my childrens so much i will trick and kill you to feed them )

The banding together thing is a pipe dream, look at the looting during the katrina events, some people banded together sure, but how many simply where going for themselve and taking what they wanted?

Feel free to band with others, there is strength in numbers. But accept that trusting strangers is also a weakness that will get you killed.

Are you implying that psycho's survived the pandemic more than others? Or did the pandemic turn them into psychopaths...or are you implying that the people playing PK'rs in the game are latent psychopaths?

In a real world situation like this most people(99%) would want to band together to help each other survive. This is part of what makes humans human. It is the aninimity of the internet and the fact that death is not permanent that allows these PK'rs to do what they do. They get off on ruining the experience for others.

As to "Dealing with it" players will if there is some mechanic in the game that identify s who the killers are...we can kill them on sight just like the 99% would in a real situation like this.

Peoples will band together with those that they know and trust, not with random strangers this will be extremely rare. You will have familes and groups of families trusting eachothers and working together while distrusting everyone else. The closer peoples are in a group, the more the us versus them mentality shows.

I'll repeat what i said in another topic.

This is DayZ you don't deserve to have fun, you have to take your fun by force from other players.

Without a society to put warrants on peoples head you have zero chance of spotting who is a good guy and who is a bad guy, or who is "grey guy" ( i love my childrens so much i will trick and kill you to feed them )

The banding together thing is a pipe dream, look at the looting during the katrina events, some people banded together sure, but how many simply where going for themselve and taking what they wanted?

Lady Kyrah I assure you in real life you would want people with you even strangers. why? because who will watch you while you sleep. who will watch your left, right flanks and as well as the front and rear. you can not compare this to real life. in real life there is no respawn button

in the game its about survival. people clearly are not killing for survival so killing to feed your kids is irrelivant. do you only kill to loot the guy for his beans when your already at 12k? and have a tin of food on you? or will you kill a guy who is an easy target for the kill.

I guarantee you have killed someone for no reason at all.

Lady Kyrah I assure you in real life you would want people with you even strangers. why? because who will watch you while you sleep. who will watch your left' date=' right flanks and as well as the front and rear. you can not compare this to real life. in real life there is no respawn button

in the game its about survival. people clearly are not killing for survival so killing to feed your kids is irrelivant. do you only kill to loot the guy for his beans when your already at 12k? and have a tin of food on you? or will you kill a guy who is an easy target for the kill.

I guarantee you have killed someone for no reason at all.

[/quote']

If you are alone yes certainly.

If you are already in a family or group of friends you won't necessarly take other peoples, simply because the safety of those you love depends on it.

and why would you kill him? in real life do u not know that he would most likely collect food and weapons and maybe you would see him again and he might have better gear for you. he might even save you or you could kill him then. but no u kill him for a mak mag? clearly in real life you would be one of the first to die because you would kill someone who knows how to repair your firing pin or trigger mech in your weapon or knows how to clean and repair the gass system.

now people in groups you know are just as easy to kill as long as your in a safe hidden position. join the defence force and mature your thinking a little

but then again this is not real life. the aim is to survive as long as you can. not kill as many people as you can then when you die do it again, so learn to play

and why would you kill him? in real life do u not know that he would most likely collect food and weapons and maybe you would see him again and he might have better gear for you. he might even save you or you could kill him then. but no u kill him for a mak mag? clearly in real life you would be one of the first to die because you would kill someone who knows how to repair your firing pin or trigger mech in your weapon or knows how to clean and repair the gass system.

now people in groups you know are just as easy to kill as long as your in a safe hidden position. join the defence force and mature your thinking a little

but then again this is not real life. the aim is to survive as long as you can. not kill as many people as you can then when you die do it again' date=' so learn to play

[/quote']

Let me remind you who is whining on this forum, it's you not me so don't tell me i need to learn how to play.

I completely disagree. Did you ever think that sometimes people will just kill for fun? That they're just psychopaths? Some men just want to watch the world burn. It doesn't break realism at all. Sure' date=' it might ruin your fun, but it's part of the experience.

[/quote']

Yeah of course... so maybe 1 in 100,000 people, or 1 in 1,000,000? are kill crazy psychopaths? I would have no problem with that in the game. But its not is it? its 3/5 players.

Its does break realism, your apologetics stink Mr Bandit.

please, nubs, recognise that a lone survivor who refuses to scout and has no friends to provide overwatch cannot expect to safely raid a town

dwi: deal with it

i played 2 hours, had some gun and got to stary, then all the three of us where sniped in 5 seconds

i'm not complaining, but next time ill fall back and try to watch where that ass is sniping from, and chop his head off with my axe... mwahahaha

well... yeah

the thing is they wouldn;lt have even looted your bodies. they wouldn;t have needed any gear only there camping for a kill.

so?

i also kill players near me i dont know to hinder them killing me, i once tried to be a friendly player but always died when meeting an other player, so i learned and kill other players now as far away as possible

sure its not hello kitty online, but that actually adds to the game experience

i even started to lay down all stuff i can fit into my backack in a hidden location and then go into a town, because when you die you can run there again

And why' date=' please oh sweet mother tell me why. Why for one single motherfucking second do you think that the game should help you clean up the ridiculous mess that is your game play by holding your hand and pointing out in giant red letters who you need to avoid and who you can go charging past like a mutt in heat in search of your next eminent and inevitable demise at the hands of zombies.

If you're going to play the game like a bloody idiot, please don't come knocking on rocket's door asking for help. Take the diaper off, grab your favorite soda, sit down, and try really hard to play DayZ again.

....for the sake of the forums and the future of this game, just shut up and click respawn.

[/quote']

well a few months ago it was different. you would see people and say ahh he is friendly and 90% of the survivors you see were friendly and would help you. the other 10% were bandits that havent killed anyone in a while or have given someone a blood pack and regained their humanity. then you saw bandits and straight away you would know they want to kill you so you would run or hunt them. I prefer to run i dont gain anything from killing anyone only risk losing my zombie kill and gear i have spend the last 40 hours collecting.

since they took skins away its been a shoot first ask questions later or say sorry. people got sick of this very very qucik and started doing the same and now play like its COD shoot anything and anyone and gain nothing.

Then the poeple that only kill the game to survive and try help people how the game the wau is is to be played (survive) they get the shits and say fuck it i am not helping anyone no more but that have a contience and humanity kicks in and basic survical instincs for Males is to protect especially females.