roadtripper

New player communication

I have been exploring the map for some time now, and I must say even with 40 people in a server.. I haven't met anyone for days now. 

So I start wondering where everybody might be.

These are the times that I miss the (very unrealistic) chat window, just to say "Hi World..." or whatever...

So I have been thinking about realistic solution, that you see more often: self-build communication devices, like they use in Syria. The total absence of mobile telephones is not very realistic, because even in the most remote places in Afrika, they now have mobile connectivity. I understand all major providers are offline, but modern innovation make it quite easy to set up a local wi-fi connection.

So what do guys think about adding items to combine for a stronger communication device? So you are enabled to tap in on a unified (text or voice) communication system, within a certain range of set-up.

Car-battery, laptop, antenna, cell-phone and you're set for broadcast. Anyone with a cell + battery can tap in. Others can destroy the equipment to their advantage. So there is also a risk.

Have a little more McGyver-gadgets, like making a bicycle out of gum and a paperclip ;)

Edited by roadtripper
  • Like 1

Mobiles? Forget it. You dont have any numbers...:)

I could imagine morsing with a long-wave radio :)

Hell that would be fun to have people learn morse code once more:)

And to find a damn power-source ..... :) Forget about 9-V-Blocks on this one :D

Edited by Calixus

I'd support this, I too miss being able to chat through global chat. I understand it's not realistic, but when playing alone I often feel the urge to type "so how's everyone doing?"

Also, are walkie-talkie's functional?

Mobiles? Forget it. You dont have any numbers... :)

I could imagine morsing with a long-wave radio :)

Hell that would be fun to have people learn morse code once more:)

And to find a damn power-source ..... :) Forget about 9-V-Blocks on this one :D

Yeah! You could learn morse code from books :D

If you can't find anyone on a high pop server, I think you're looking in the wrong places...

I LOVE the idea of making people learn morse code to communicate. Having books in the game that teach you morse code is also a good idea, but most people would just look it up online. I think they would have to go to some kind of radio tower to broadcast though.

I love the idea, but its not very practical. Not many people would use morse code.

I think having a tape recorder would be cool. Record voice messages and leave them places. Or knock someone out and when they wake up they find a tape with a note that says play me. The tape says, "I want to play a game..." (im getting off topic lol)