Sign in to follow this  
Aeoneth

A different method of player identification

So my 1st suggestion for the game / sim, and a quick search resulted in no finds...

Everyone seems to be wanting a way to identify players as friendly or not, but I see alot of bandit identification methods that are just plain silly / stupid.

So it got me thinking, what if that's the wrong direction, what if instead of a way to identify bandits, what we need is a way to identify friendly players when we locate someone. This would allow bandits to be bandits with no reprecussions, and players that defend themselves wouldn't be wrongly accused of being a bandit. Instead everyone would be neutral, but if somone went around helping players then the other could have that indicator to know that they are friendly.

I thought it would be a neat idea of tracking different player statistics and assigning different player skins accordingly. I.E. a player who has healed x amount of other players gets a medical uniform, much like the way bandit skins are "rewarded". It could be both a form of achievement and unique player identity, and an easy way to see if someone is willing to help you or hinder you.

I like the idea that doing certain things determines your skin. Healing others a certain amount of times makes you a medic, killing animals gives you a hunter's outfit, fixing a car could make you a mechanic, and so on

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/squad.xml

could this be useful as a tool to identify people ?

i mean have an option at start like the women and man skin where you have a select few options of squad xml logos, not your own only, but generic ones that are like in game ?

with a form of abuse punishment like the old bandit skin just less obvious.

you as a player can have a choice whether or not you play with a squad xml or not.

you can also make your own, without punishment but the generic follow rules like the bandit skin did, but less visible.

lets say for example you have colors, red yellow green blue and black

black is for all who have killed a human, as a sign of remorse ? or bringer of death

there is no judgment just some visibility of prior engagement.

red for those who are bold enough to show they are killers (will not turn black)

yellow for the cowards who fear more than enjoy contact

green for lone wolf people who rather blend in the green

blue for bluefor, team and coop players.

if this could be done not just with an tag on a vehicle but also with an armband

it would be a choice of non verbal long distance communication, and people would have more feeling for who is on the other side

the black is not a punishment but a sign of remorse or caution because those who pvp can display red, or a clan tag of their own.

this would apply most for those who seek online alliances without ts vent or mumble friends.

so basically everyone would try to kill as many people as possible to get the blac skin since its the best camo?

' pid='182505' dateline='1340531456']

so basically everyone would try to kill as many people as possible to get the blac skin since its the best camo?

yes exactly

I like the idea that you get medic/hunter/scaveger outfit depending on what you do in the game. The skin idea would be pretty dumb really, even though i laugh pretty hard when you guys think you should get black based on how much people you kill haha.

When I read the title I had this idea:

- When two people meet each other, in the "actions" menu, when pointing at someone, you can select "Identify Yourself". If both players do this action (in this life) they have the ID hovering when you aim at them at a "short" range (<20m).

Basically, it would be a "I know you & you know me" feature. Useful for groups only, and to mark people that you met that weren't hostile.

Of course, it would reset when you die. You're a new person.

Really, you know you can trust someone if they need you alive more than dead. My suggestion is to show bloodstains based on how much blood they've got left. The bloodier someone is, the less likely it is they're going to kill you on sight.

12000-10000 blood: No stains

10000- 8000 blood: 1 stain on front and back

8000 - 6000 blood: Few stains, front and back

Below 6000 blood: Lots and lots of blood.