Sign in to follow this  
Lupine

Weapon drawing while moving

O.K, Im not sure if this is more of a suggestion or technically a bug (feel free to move it over to "bugs if you feel its more that) just a small thing that has been bothering me (that i noticed) that I am not sure if its just me or others, but has anyone noticed they can draw a gun (by pressing relivent number) then space to activate it, then use it, while running,

BUT if you try to draw a Melee weapon while moving, or in a doorway, or sometimes just some random place the game doesnt like, it won't draw, until you are "still" (not pressing any direction buttons on your keyboard) and will give you an Action error over and over, until either you move into an exceptable place. (I tend to keep the melee weapon at 1, firearms at 2 and 3)

This has sabotaged my game play quite a few times.. not being able to draw my weapon, but not knowing why it wont draw.. (mean while getting the snot bashed out of me by some Zombie). Anyways, i have learned, that in the present build, while running somewhere with your weapons holstered, only the firearm will draw while running, if you try to activate your melee weapon, likely you are going to get hit serveral times before you can fully activate it, and you cant circle around to avoid a Zombie attack while u do..

So that means if you only have a melee weapon at the moment, you are going to want to run around with it drawn .. a lot of the time to avoid getting your weapon trapped at an attack.

my suggestion is to make it so you can draw while running (you can do this in other games) if this is infact part of the game design, so that the enemy can be dodged while you get ready to give them a "spliting" headache :lol: