Sign in to follow this  
Hethwill_Khan

Non intrusive item bundles.

One of the aspect I like in DayZ SA, and other games, is the unintended creation of your character as you go along. Give or take, we only have limited body aspect options, but we have clothes and multiple combinations that allows for a characterization of our avatar.

More or less stylish the clothes available are okay but, and hence my suggestion, there could be a bit more room for this "indirect character design mechanic" and even make it interesting for group play, collectible loot, whatever you can make out of it. After all not all players are military-only-obsessed -individuals ... not that there is something wrong with it, but diversity helps.

- Tuxedo parts - seriously, I would expect to find some of these around - we already have some nice shoes.

- Church related outfits - "Salvation by slug shot brothers ! Amen ! "

- Medical outfits - "I will fix you... yeah fix you...there there no more pain...!"

- Overall suits - You know the ones that fit your entire figure (  we have the helmets, we need the suits )

- Female apparel - you read it right ! dresses, skirts and whatever.

- Cossack / Folk types - especially valenkis and other felt made stuff and proper high heel boots. Would fit the "ex soviet territory" feeling

Wow, sorry for getting carried away. Onto the rest, non clothing related.

- Card decks - sorry, no full card decks but single cards. You'll have to travel and trade to get a full deck.

"And do what with it ???" - you ask - No idea.

Simply put it would be a collectible in game and cards are always present in any ... outlandish settings. Plus you could boast having a full deck, or sit down and play Die or Dare, an uninvented game born in Chernarus where you bet loot and your life in a game of cards - everyone can put stuff on the ground for others to see, so use your imagination on how the game goes.

- Staff ( & craftable Sticks ) - this is the most precious cross country item. Helps going up and down hills and can be used as a blunt weapon.

- Military Orders & Medals - another collectible set of items. Fill your breast and boast how pro you are by finding all these around the land.

- Personal Diaries - Now this one I would like a community group to participate and write lore to be included, as books, that can be read. Has no influence in anything but just adds a bit of Story to what happened to this forsaken land.

It is not a player diary but a fictional diary of someone that lived in that city / home, before the apocalypse.

Al right you military purists and action junkies, move along, I know you won't do anything with these stuff... but damn... imagine yourselves taking over Elektro in full tuxedo suits and gas masks ?

We all going to die in Chernarus. The question is, how good you wanna look when you go down.

Snappy salute!

Edited by Hethwill_Khan
  • Like 4

You realise how many of us are seeing male avatars prancing around with copper hats/aviators and flouro pink miniskirts upon reaching the 'female apparel' section, right? The image is absolutely horrible, but someone - likely many - will wind up doing it.

Good ideas, though. The issue is making that kind of clothing appealling... especially if they don't wind up adding secure bases. Not saying it has no appeal, just that clothing with extra storage slots will always win out with most people.

• Like 1

You realise how many of us are seeing male avatars prancing around with copper hats/aviators and flouro pink miniskirts upon reaching the 'female apparel' section, right? The image is absolutely horrible, but someone - likely many - will wind up doing it.

Good ideas, though. The issue is making that kind of clothing appealling... especially if they don't wind up adding secure bases. Not saying it has no appeal, just that clothing with extra storage slots will always win out with most people.

Well, I can read your points. Being a sandbox game it means it comes to the player-actors to do the action.

I came to the point where hoarding stuff just for hoarding stuff is plain silly. And most of the times one doesn't even spend a third of the ammo one carries, or food, or water, or...

Plus the gender cross dressing maelstrom would drive conventions nuts tbh, didn't think about it. But yeah, either lock it to gender or open way to a fashion apocalypse as well. Top Tuxedo, lower pink kilt. What a dumb sight that would be, you'd forget they could be the worst more merciless bandit horde in the land just because you'd get lost in laughter.

Back to the origin, dropped a bundle of stuff to be analysed and discussed. :) Cheers. Z land need character. Character comes from us.

Yeah, I meant that first part in humour. Didn't read over it before posting, realised it came across rather deadpan XD But yeah. Add clown outfits, medieval armour suits (some protection, but of course most of it is replica gear, so not much, significant movement/turning speed decrease, etc), mascot outfits... the possibilities are endless, and hilarious.

• Like 1

I play Fallen Earth MMO (for about 4 and a half years now) and a big ticket in the game is unlocking your "clothing slots" and wearing stuff over your Armour. I have a "wasteland tux" on one of my toons.. (held together by bits of duct tape, looks cool). But yeah Lots of girls and boy clothings, and players have multiple toons, different or the same sex (up to 6) and dress them up accordingly, and quite a few cross dress their toons as well. others like to take off all their toons clothes and have them dance at the bar.. >< . I think clothing like that is only going to take off if it has a decent armour rating or can be worn over armour so you dont loose any ratings. I am not sure how the armour rating system works yet, (or even if it is working) but you would have to make that Pink MIn have the same rating as a pair of summer hunters cammo pants of the same "worn " or "damaged" lvls. I saw the other day we have the options now for not just the combat and motorcycle helmets, but construction and airforce pilots helms (i was running around with a bright orange "kill me" construction helmet all yesterday >< .. i am fairly sure i saw a pink one around somewhere). More cool clothing sets.. yes, but only if they carry the same ratings.. maybe making clothing "dyeable"  (as many of them are in F.E) with the spray paint cans will allow teams to paint their gear to allow easy recognition ingame in the future. I wanted to paint my Melee Axe the other day.. im hoping that will be possible in the future, or even painting the civilian arms.. the new SKS could do with a squrt of desert yellow and Green and black...., Also.. will there eventually be "seasons" in game? will we cycle through winter, spring, summer autum? can we colour and dress accordingly? paint weapons?

Lupine, jeZZebus man, use paragraphs !!! :blink:  

Topic doesn't have only clothing, but also the collectibles ;)

Sorry hethwill ; ) i get excited and inspired and before i realize i have spewed out a mountain of words.. as for collectables.. i still cant get those damn'd russian doll's out of those kitchen cupboards! :lol:

Need some tiger pattern undies/loincloths.

Fixed. And you know I'm right ;)

I can see cards being the Mountain Dew of DayZ Standalone.

Edited by Wolfguarde

I like the tuxedo idea, then we can marry with a female character Lineage II style and shit

I just want to add my two cents that this is a survival horror simulator, not a barbie dress-up simulator.

Adding more clothing is always a huge plus. I just think that the selection should have at least some semblance of being survival related.

True, but horror and comedy are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Especially not comedy in horribly bad taste ;P

We need a white Down jacket...

Being able to recreate this is a must for me...