ghostdad

Atlanta 24 Admin abuse

most of these guys on here are whinny little bitches.. YOU CANT CHANGE THE SERVER TIME ..YOU CANT MAKE IT DARK.. or MORNING or NIGHT or even lunch time.lol GET IT Through your HEAD. Servers slow down, and need to be restarted alot.. some server restart every 3 hours even. and when you restart them it syncs to the location time of where the server is.. YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE TIME.. There is not even an option for it... Plus there is nothing wrong with anyone resetting a server that they pay for when they want ...

most of these guys on here are whinny little bitches.. YOU CANT CHANGE THE SERVER TIME ..YOU CANT MAKE IT DARK.. or MORNING or NIGHT or even lunch time.lol GET IT Through your HEAD. Servers slow down' date=' and need to be restarted alot.. some server restart every 3 hours even. and when you restart them it syncs to the location time of where the server is.. YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE TIME.. There is not even an option for it... Plus there is nothing wrong with anyone resetting a server that they pay for when they want ...

[/quote']

It is quite possible to set the servers to -12 GMT for example, this provides players in the UK the chance to play on daylight servers during the evening time. Its not against the rules and quite possible, its only when the admins lock the time to day/night that issues can arise, they are essentially putting the world on pause, this causes neither loot nor zombies to spawn. I don't think any servers are doing that anymore though now they realised it borks the loot.

Seems all the drama happens when i'm offline...that said if i'd have been on I may have been banned for absolutely nothing, like three other players on Atlanta 24 have been.

Here's some points that need highlighted;

1. The public forums for Atlanta 24 - http://www.aim2wingaming.com/forums/f77/ - are a goldmine of information as the OP has displayed.

2. There must have been at least two groups, we were one, Ghostdad and his crew another, that were trying to track the A2W guys down using details posted on their forums. I am part of 'Michael' and LinkinX's group, who you spoke to on Vent. None of us are associated with either Ghostdad, DeathRambo or DarkEnergy.

3. I can confirm multiple server restarts which lead the server switching from Daytime to Nightime. Additionally, one of the Atlanta 24 admins makes mention of this on their forums - http://www.aim2wingaming.com/forums/f77/we-will-rebuild-2493/#post13163

night_restart.jpg

I would tend to beleive Ghostdad's explanation of events, and they partly intertwine with our movements. Although we seen the pictures of your Petrovka base, we never found it despite numerous hours searching. We did find one of your other bases though (we know it is yours due to one of your members forum posts), but didn't touch the contents as there were no vehicles around, which is what we were after, and taking your gear would have alerted you.

Our guys jumping into your Vent: This is what is called meta-gaming, you might want to look this concept up - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming - as you appear oblivious to it. Granted it wasn't the most subtle example of VOIP infiltrating ever carried out, 'Micheal' tried to get information out of you, and Vice Versa. Regardless, Rocket has explicitly stated that meta-gaming is fair game in DayZ - http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029&pid=74413#pid74413

So, bearing in mind the terms and conditions you agreed to when hooking your server up to the DayZ HIVE - http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429 - can you explain why LinkinX was, and remains banned from your DayZ server (Vent server not relevant).

Unfortunately, this server appears to require intervention from the Devs.

I run a server. I can very easily change the time on it. In fact, mine is currently set back 3 hours to ensure all my players coming home from work at night have a bit of daylight to play around in, instead of always being stuck in the pitch-black night.

I'm posting for a friend because he's having trouble getting his email verified.

Either way, 2 friends of mine had the same bullshit happen to them last night. Found a camp stocked with vehicles and weapons and commenced looting.

20 minutes later they were kicked from the server. Every time they attempt to rejoin they get auto-kicked.

This is the second thread i have ever read on here. this isn't good props for this game Mayor (admin)

Its blatan and obvious you have been outed. and people like me who come to this game for the first time.. get a pretty bad impression of you. I will not be playing on atlantis24 unless i plan to raid your base or look for it.

He is mst likely some pathetic loser with an inability to control things in his life, so he will just poop on other people.

GJ on making this game look bad before i could even try it Mayor

bump to the top I am interested in this since we have at least 2 documented instances from separate groups with visual proof I would really like to see a dev comment on this

I don't know anything about the situation with looting camps and I'm not involved on either side, but I do want to say that I play on this server regularly and have personally seen the server being restarted and going to night right after the restart.

That's the extent of what I personally have seen, but that bit has been said in this thread and I can confirm it.

This is the second thread i have ever read on here. this isn't good props for this game Mayor (admin)

Its blatan and obvious you have been outed. and people like me who come to this game for the first time.. get a pretty bad impression of you. I will not be playing on atlantis24 unless i plan to raid your base or look for it.

He is mst likely some pathetic loser with an inability to control things in his life' date=' so he will just poop on other people.

GJ on making this game look bad before i could even try it Mayor

[/quote']

Try and keep it civil or the thread may be locked! :P

Ive played on that server and killed those guys before they never dcd once on me even congrats me on the win... atlanta 24 admins are good peeps and fair players.

I run a server. I can very easily change the time on it. In fact' date=' mine is currently set back 3 hours to ensure all my players coming home from work at night have a bit of daylight to play around in, instead of always being stuck in the pitch-black night.

[/quote']

ok explain how this is done then..

We truly believed someone was running around rapidly locating vehicles using the cheat I posted' date=' we banned the two players and went immediately to the forum to message them and did (again, before he even posted).[/quote']

How convenient that you truely suspected the ones raiding your camp of being cheaters. Do you also think that anyone that kills you has to be an aimbotter?

I just wanted anything close to a reasonable explanation so that I could lift the ban' date=' within minutes.[/quote']

By which time you would have moved your loot to safety, I presume?

Instead everything has been handled immaturely' date=' assumptions have been jumped to. People are attacking our Ventrilo (while I type this even). Like I said everyone WANTS to cry ADMIN ABUSE, so they'll chose the things they want to hear in order to say it.[/quote']

Ghostdad has already stated that he and his friends had nothing to do with it, so how is that relevant to whether he should remain banned or not?

I'll give them all the credit and say it's as simple as a misunderstanding at best' date=' bans are not permanent, within a few minutes and one private message they would have been unbanned and should be proud about how clever they were. I would have apologized for the SLIGHT INCONVENIENCE (not exactly cutting toes off here) and given them all the credit in the world knowing it now! Instead our servers have been attacked and people refuse to cooperate. They keep confusing the situation.[/quote']

So you are banning them without any proof, and then you think that they should accept your terms and happily accept that your rampant admin abuse caused them to lose their loot? But yeah, I guess that's all good because you are kind enough to give them credit for finding your camp.

You are a piece of shit admin abuser and should have your server blacklisted and deserve to be permanently banned from the game aswell.

At the very least un ban them from the server...

I'm posting for a friend because he's having trouble getting his email verified.

Either way' date=' 2 friends of mine had the same bullshit happen to them last night. Found a camp stocked with vehicles and weapons and commenced looting.

20 minutes later they were kicked from the server. Every time they attempt to rejoin they get auto-kicked.

[/quote']

Can you or your friend provide more details on this incident? It would be interesting to see how your friends circumstances mesh with others that have been banned here.

It seems admin of Atlanta 24 are waiting for this issue to blow over, as despite multiple admins/leaders of their community reading this thread, they have not responded once multiple groups have offered support and credence to the OP's claims.

The TL:DR version of this thread is this. Admin hoarde game resources. Admin post pictures/video of hoarded resources in the public domain. Multiple groups use this media to locate and raid their camps. Admin respond by banning people from the server claiming hacks. The only evidence they are able to present is "where there's smoke, there's fire". Another dude gets banned for having the temerity to join their Vent channel. The admin declare themselves mature.

ok explain how this is done then..

1 - Shut down server

2 - Change physical server's system time

3 - ???

4 - Profit!!!

Bump... No resolution to this?

I feel its pretty damning that we have yet to have a single mod/dev reply (thread has been open for almost 3 days at the time of this post) to this issue despite the clear breach of server rules.

Back to page 1, still waiting for word of a dev/mod.

Thanks

I think all you whiners need to grow up and just go play on a different server.

You all sound pathetic. So what, You got banned on game that's in an ALPHA state of completion... its pathetic.. clearly the server admin invited you to go talk to him.. and you wont even do that.

GO play on another server there are dozen of Atlanta servers.. better yet go spend your own money, Rent your own server ,so you can QQ there. Ive played on much worse server then Atlanta 24. And i hardly play there as it is.

Stop Treating your situation like its a pay 2 play MMO and you just got banned and demand restitution.. its NOT! its a free MOD with no "OFFICIAL" SUPPORT As in ALPHA. The servers you play on good or bad are paid for out of pocket... Go play on another server and report bugs and anomalies and have fun doing it.

hey you and I differ in a lot I can tell. I am not hurt I wasn't even involved but I don't like people abusing power in any situation, because it is almost the normal accepted act in a US society today. I do admin and pay for my own server and I don't run it like your friend who you are protecting

I think all you whiners need to grow up and just go play on a different server.

You all sound pathetic. So what' date=' You got banned on game that's in an ALPHA state of completion... its pathetic.. clearly the server admin invited you to go talk to him.. and you wont even do that.

GO play on another server there are dozen of Atlanta servers.. better yet go spend your own money, Rent your own server ,so you can QQ there. Ive played on much worse server then Atlanta 24. And i hardly play there as it is.

Stop Treating your situation like its a pay 2 play MMO and you just got banned and demand restitution.. its NOT! its a free MOD with no "OFFICIAL" SUPPORT As in ALPHA. The servers you play on good or bad are paid for out of pocket... Go play on another server and report bugs and anomalies and have fun doing it.

[/quote']

at this point I don't care if I am unbanned or not, I already moved to a different server, the point is that they did not respect the rules, and those guys got banned for raiding them. I got banned for getting into their ventrilo at the wrong moment(trying to get info about their camp) but they did not have one anymore, confusing us with the raiders :).

Bump For Dev Comment

Seems like that could be a long wait :( I guess they have alot of their plates, with developing the mod, addressing hacking and now the trouble admins. I just hope this isn't an issue that gets ignored long-term like you sometimes see with other developers.

snip

Wow. What a ridiculous piece of trash post. Wall of text and it boils down to the fact that you banned them because you're not sure how they found your base and also there might kind of be a cheat out there somewhere.

"Did you find the murder weapon?"

"Well' date=' gee your honor. No. We couldn't find it. But I googled 'butcher knives' and it looks like IKEA has them on sale. That's probably it."

"Good enough for me! Case closed."

How about you let BattleEye prevent hacks, Columbo? People like you are the reason this game needs official servers. Asinine, self-serving bullshit. Like you're so fucking clever with your hiding spot that ONLY a cheater could ever find it, right? INSTANT BAN for getting lucky or running around in the woods for awhile. Fantastic administration, there.

Oh, and you "invited them to talk" how fucking gracious of you. You are truly a saint. Does he have to kiss your ring when he shows up to this "talk?"

Just unban them and quit trying to justify exploiting your powers for personal gain. It's embarrassing. Mature gaming community my hairy ass.

This game does not offer any way to truly tell if someone is cheating so what are we to do when we suspect it?

Report your suspicions and let BattleEye handle it?

Especially when your suspicion is based on a hilariously flimsy premise like "Oh it kind of seems a bit strange that they found our base so BANNED."

What a joke.

Adding yet another server to my group's "not even once" list.