Unnamed354

[FREEWARE] DayZ Install Tool v1.61

I used the Installer and besides the connection issues everyones been having the game ran fine up till now. Whenever I launch combined ops I get an error message saying "Data file too short 'c:\......\dayz_anim.pbo'. Expected 58313929 B, got 33552372 B".

You could try a forced/full update to ensure the downloaded file wasn't corrupt.

If everything updated fine and this still happened i'd be interested to find out the size of that file from the windows explorer.

Does manually installing that one file resolve the issue ?

Im trying to use the updater but it nevers finishes i get the following

:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

http://cdn.armafiles.info/

Saving settings ...

Checking current ARMA II path setting...

Found ArmA2OA.exe, game folder correct.

Detecting .rar files at : http://cdn.armafiles.info/

.rar file found : dayz_anim_v0.1.rar

.rar file found : dayz_code_v1.5.7.rar

.rar file found : dayz_equip_v1.2.3.rar

.rar file found : dayz_sfx_v1.1.rar

.rar file found : dayz_v1.2.4.rar

.rar file found : dayz_vehicles_v0.1.rar

.rar file found : dayz_weapons_v1.1.1.rar

Downloading files, please wait until complete.

Downloading dayz_anim_v0.1.rar.....

After that i just keep on waiting...

This seems to be a common problem, could you private message me your computer's details?

Are you on an administrator account?

What firewall do you use?

What antivirus do you use?

Did you try updating java @ http://www.java.com/

Any other details will help me out.

I'm having difficulty with running the install tool in Win 7 x64 - it says Java not found even though it's installed. From a cmd prompt, here's my Java info:

C:\>java -version

java version "1.7.0_04-ea"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_04-ea-b06)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b09, mixed mode)

Assistance please?

I'm having difficulty with running the install tool in Win 7 x64 - it says Java not found even though it's installed. From a cmd prompt' date=' here's my Java info:

C:\>java -version

java version "1.7.0_04-ea"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_04-ea-b06)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b09, mixed mode)

Assistance please?

[/quote']

Make sure you have the 32 bit version of java installed as well.

@Everyone else, the mirrors are heavily bogged down, so please be paitent, if you're having trouble at the extraction stage, please upgrade to v1.4 -- I had to allocate more memory to the program, the DayZ files got larger and the small footprint I gave it wasn't enough :)

Is 1.4 up on your site? I'm only seeing 1.35 (according to the title of the .zip anyway.)

Thanks for making the updater Worrom, it is really helpful. I have encountered a problem with this newest DayZ update, though. When it gets done downloading the updates, it proceeds to say it is extracting each file, but it never does. It just keeps saying "Extracting files from: yadayada..."

What should I do?

EDIT: Never mind... I need to read better...... downloaded the updated Updater, and now it works fine.

Sorry!

Any chance of having the updater also install the beta patch? I'm having a lot of trouble getting both the beta and the mod running at the same time. Without the beta patch Direct Comms is still broken which is a big part of how I play the game.

I was having trouble installing DayZ manually so I used your Install tool. I am getting the same message in Arma2 OA once I join a server. When I join the server it says Ive joined and then I get D/C from the server and then it says "You cannot play/edit this it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted" and then it list the DayZ files even though I installed them. Anyone have anything they know to fix that?

Yeah man, basically i had that problem. it means you havent bought arma 2 and...operation arrowhead...you need to go on steam, and buy the 30$ COMBINED OPERATIONS then it wont happen :)

the updater gets stuck unzipping dayz_v1.2.5.rar. i have to do it manually

NVm my issue I needed to update the updater.

This post was editted to this variation.

nice job i say post on youtube this will make every update easy :D

Great updater, but I recommend you add a feature to check for updates on your updater as well.

this doesnt work at all for me only gets too 9% in downloads and then stops, when i quit it says winrar asks permission to update archive with new donwloads but there all only 11,256 in size would really like this to work as it seems alot simpler :(

I bought combined operations from amazon. While downloading it arma 2 wanted to download in program files while arma 2 OA downloaded in program files (x86). I did the arma patch updator to put both games up to date. Then I tried the DayZ updator on the arma 2 folder in program files and there is no arma2oa.exe ... Do I put the updator to arma 2 OA folder instead, or do I just copy all the files from arma 2 OA into the arma 2 folder? Please help me!!! I had to wait like another 3 hours because my first shot at this screwed up!!!

I bought combined operations from amazon. While downloading it arma 2 wanted to download in program files while arma 2 OA downloaded in program files (x86). I did the arma patch updator to put both games up to date. Then I tried the DayZ updator on the arma 2 folder in program files and there is no arma2oa.exe ... Do I put the updator to arma 2 OA folder instead' date=' or do I just copy all the files from arma 2 OA into the arma 2 folder? Please help me!!! I had to wait like another 3 hours because my first shot at this screwed up!!!

[/quote']

I don't have the amazon version, but i've hard it works best if you install Arma II, then install AO overtop of the ArmaII install.

So you have both games, one folder. But then again i'm not 100% sure.

But yes you need to point the updater to the OA folder.

So put the arma 2 oa folder into the arma 2 folder. Then do the arma updator then dayZ updator? Point the DayZ updator to the arma 2 oa folder that is inside the arma 2 folder?

I try to use this but everytime it says i don't have java. I was using java 7.1 and uninstalled and updated to 7.4 (latest version) and it still says it

I try to use this but everytime it says i don't have java. I was using java 7.1 and uninstalled and updated to 7.4 (latest version) and it still says it

You have the 64 bit version of java installed. You need to install the 32 bit version of java for this tool. Both versions can be installed side by side with no issues.