Voice of reason

No firearms.

No firearms  

82 members have voted

1. 1. More or less firearms

• We get more firearms and easier accessible
    • More and better melee capabilities and lesss or no firearms

Firearms make this game to easy for those who have them and more difficult for those who don't.

I would like to see how it would look like without firearms and more melee weapons and overall better melee fight capabilities. Maybe add some selfmade weapons like bows and spears. What do you think?

• Like 1

I think...that in any post apocalyptic situation...the first thing I would do is find a gun.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. It would make sense to have no firearms if the setting was medieval Russia...but the setting of the game being when and where it is, I just don't see that happening.

Perhaps I misunderstood your point?

• Like 5

I think...that in any post apocalyptic situation...the first thing I would do is find a gun.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. It would make sense to have no firearms if the setting was medieval Russia...but the setting of the game being when and where it is, I just don't see that happening.

Perhaps I misunderstood your point?

You Are right Rhodes about searching for guns in that situation but it could be more challenging if there where none to be found or at least no highend sniper rifles.

• Like 1

At first i was like 

wtf-startrek.jpg

But then i decided to be more like

creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-you-ha

But in the end i decided

tumblr_m81xveHCmV1r6inbmo1_500.jpg

• Like 7

I cant choose any of your options to vote so i didnt voted.
the game is set in modern times, thats why i could not vote against firearms.
but i would like to see that some actual melee weapons does more damage, because right now the axe is the only that people wears, the other ones suck.   even the recently added machete does  so little damage...
but yes, more variety of self made weapons could be fine.

(sorry for my english)

wonder who has more guns per capita Russia or Texas . 

just for disclosure im sure id be a close 3rd .

I see. I'm with you on the no high end rifles.

Making the guns we currently have more rare would be feasible.

I dunno...something like that could work. I'm on the fence about it, but it would be interesting to test that and see how it plays out.

I'm for trying it...I dunno if I'm down with keeping it.

Getting rid of them would basically destroy the purpose of Dayz.  Why would military bases be present and yet there would be no firearms.  That right there does not make any sense.  The military would not be armed with Baseball Bats and sickles to go and clear out an infection, which brought in the United Nations as well as possibly the United States to help the Chernarussians.  I am extremely against this idea.  However i am with the idea of the weapon spawns being drastically lowered due to the fact that this game takes place a couple years later after the original outbreak.

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

I'm not saying get rid of all guns but scoped sniper rifles are a little bit of an overkill. Keep the handguns and see what its like.

I'm not saying get rid of all guns but scoped sniper rifles are a little bit of an overkill. Keep the handguns and see what its like.

What do you think sniper rifles do to people in real life?  I know this is a game, but they base the killing of people in this on what a real life gun with the caliber they assign to it would do to someone.  Sniper Rifles are used to take out targets at long range.  There are also hunting rifles and regular assault rifles that can be mounted with optics such as long range/medium range scopes. 

I like the gun spawns as they are now , obviously needs a little reworking and tweaking when more weapons are added but personally I think the balance is fine now . I can't for the life of me find an m4 any more so that means noone is fully auto , although there are m4s around still .

So as of right now even though 4 rifles can be found in one city (electro) in one swoop how is that in any way bad or unrealistic ? Think about how many guns would truly be in a real city... Probly closer to hundreds.

so I say a good bit of civilian rifle spawns , very little automatic/ fast semi auto spawns (sks) , and legit only like 3-5 fully militarized weapons per server restart (per world basically ) .

So finding military weapons like a grenade launcher or mines or grenades or a high powered rifle with attachments already on it should almost never happen , but when it does it would be rewarding but not overpowered considering the military weapons should need to be repaired when found and the ammo for those weapons would be much more scarce than the ammo found now .

• Like 4

I like the gun spawns as they are now , obviously needs a little reworking and tweaking when more weapons are added but personally I think the balance is fine now . I can't for the life of me find an m4 any more so that means noone is fully auto , although there are m4s around still .

So as of right now even though 4 rifles can be found in one city (electro) in one swoop how is that in any way bad or unrealistic ? Think about how many guns would truly be in a real city... Probly closer to hundreds.

so I say a good bit of civilian rifle spawns , very little automatic/ fast semi auto spawns (sks) , and legit only like 3-5 fully militarized weapons per server restart (per world basically ) .

So finding military weapons like a grenade launcher or mines or grenades or a high powered rifle with attachments already on it should almost never happen , but when it does it would be rewarding but not overpowered considering the military weapons should need to be repaired when found and the ammo for those weapons would be much more scarce than the ammo found now .

And thats the kind of compromise I think is fair.

Well done.

Given that SMGs have been confirmed, I think this idea is on a hiding to nowhere.

I'm sure you are correct but I still want to know what people think of that idea.

I had good weapons at one point and I decided it was time to die because there was no more fun left in the game. I just walked and killed zombies safely without any challange.

I was just hoping this game is going to be more difficult and challanging in the long run.

Everyone is a special ops seal team person right now lmfao. Its quite ridiculous. I think we need more civlilian weapons, not just no weapons.

I was just hoping this game is going to be more difficult and challanging in the long run.

Oh, it will be. Weapons will be a must I imagine. :D

What do you think sniper rifles do to people in real life?  I know this is a game, but they base the killing of people in this on what a real life gun with the caliber they assign to it would do to someone.  Sniper Rifles are used to take out targets at long range.  There are also hunting rifles and regular assault rifles that can be mounted with optics such as long range/medium range scopes. 

You misunderstood what I said. I'm not talking about the power of any weapon being to high in the game. I'm saying that having sniper rifles in this kind of game is not neccesary hence "overkill".

Firearms are part of the game and it's ok. But I think there shouldn't be too many of them, so I voted for more melee weapons. Looking forward to craftable weapons.

I guess once there will be more infected on the servers, using guns will be quite dangerous. One day there will be maybe 250 or more infected per city. I don't think I would fire a shot unless it is really necessary.

your name is misleading, you clearly aren't the voice of reason. 

Firearms make this game to easy for those who have them and more difficult for those who don't.

I would like to see how it would look like without firearms and more melee weapons and overall better melee fight capabilities. Maybe add some selfmade weapons like bows and spears. What do you think?

then put more and harder zombies, not less or worse firearms