Shadowbeing

Why does everyone become hostile the moment they go inland?

Seriously, once you start heading inland no one ever really chats and its pretty much shoot on site for everyone because no one bothers even calling friendly. Yet when everyone is on the coast people tend to band together but that friendliness seems to disappear the moment you cross an invisible line.

Because inland, people have been out there awhile - and they don't want to risk losing things because someone says they're "friendly" - then 10 minutes later they get shot and lose their gear. :P Looks for people in the forums to team up with before going into the game - it's easier, and you can respawn until you are with your friends.. then move into the game.

Simple - because people on the coast have usually just spawned and therefore have less to lose.

People further inland have generally aquired some decent loot and/or walked a long way to get inland. Therefore, they care a lot more about dying.

It all makes sense, just give it some thought.

When you see someone at the coast: We all spawn without a weapon, might as well group up.

When you see someone inland (meaning you should both have a weapon):

Are his weapons better than yours?

Yes: He will shoot you out of self-preservation (in other words, to make sure you don't kill him for his weapons).

No: He will shoot you for your weapons.

It sorta depends on which server your playing on. Theres always people teaming up on mine inland and coast. However for me i go through sorta a checklist. Is there humanity low? kill. Ask friendly? Yes , avoid , No, kill. No response, Kill.

Can't take any chances, its either avoid or kill for me. Unless im talking to them on TS/Vent, their untrustworthy.

Players that have gone inland are either well-geared and prepared to live off animals and refillable water bottles, or are looking for loot in the risky places like Stary Sobor, NorthWest Airfield, etc.

The reason they are defensive is becuase the well-geared player is trying to stay alive as long as possible, And the person looking for loot doesnt want to make the long trek all the way back north again.

Of course there are other reasons, but those ones are the main two.

me and my mates moved inland looted several crashed heli's deer stands and nwaf. we have a m249 saw, dmr's, m4a1 sd's and a rocket launcher. yeah i'm pretty sure are sniper kills any player in front of us or we kill any other player we see running around just because we don't want to lose the rare stuff we have.

However saying that pvp inland i think is a hugeeee part of dayZ cause like me and my group were in a 5v3v4v2 fire fight in nwaf bullets flying everywhere me and someone was with me flanking our sniper in the control tower and our second sniper on the fire station roof and 4th guy with a shotgun. we managed to come out unscaved and it was the most fun i've ever had constantly ducking for cover shooting people and or zombies, throwing smokes to distract other players, the constant talking on ts3, the adrenaline pumping, and the frag grenades throwing.

seriously i highly recommend teaming up with people on skype or ts or vent with like 3+ people and heading inland my personal experience is it's a lot more fun, than looting along the coast aswell as solo looting. + the rewards are a BLEEP ton better as well ;)

The fuck, why did you just tell us a short story of a firefight, you could have left it at, i was in a firefight.

becuase shooting people is fun? we don't gather good gear to shoot zombies. we gahter good gear to kill players. if you wan't a coop PvE experience, get killing floor.

cleared out a crashed helicopter site and some guy decided to take my winnings.

Needless to say my Bizzon saw action allot faster than either of us had anticipated.

Asshole disconnected too.

For me it's simple: time.

I usually plan ahead of time to play with friends, so I don't want to spend 45 minutes finding my way back to my corpse because I died in Grishino or something.

Time is the most valuable thing to me, and that's more at risk inland than it is on the coast.

2 things.

Its not about my loot disapering, its not about me dying.

Its about the time it takes to travel to my current location.

Fat loot, going into electro, dies, can run back.

Having starterloot, but dying up in north, then its a rage, due to traveltime, nothing else. :>

Also, the reason you SHOULD shoot someone on sight instead of yelling friendly.

Inlands you tend to see people far far away.

You dont run up close enough to yell or type "Friendly?" That guy will have a clear shot on you for the whole run.

Its to far apart mostly, takes to long to reach into chatzone.

Do you want to risk it at a open space?

Nah.

becuase shooting people is fun? we don't gather good gear to shoot zombies. we gahter good gear to kill players. if you wan't a coop PvE experience' date=' get killing floor.

[/quote']

hello :D

Not all who go inland are Hostile, but they are protective. I am one of them. I avoid contact with people, because you can't put yourself into harms way if you want to survive long term. I'll die eventually, but my Chars survive far beyond the norm.

If you see someone, put distance between you and them. If they haven't noticed you, do not attempt to communicate. If they have noticed you, do attempt to communicate. If they shoot at you, shoot back until they are dead(make sure of this, 1 Bandit lost his life cause he didn't murder me sufficiently :D).

However saying that pvp inland i think is a hugeeee part of dayZ cause like me and my group were in a 5v3v4v2 fire fight in nwaf bullets flying everywhere me and someone was with me flanking our sniper in the control tower and our second sniper on the fire station roof and 4th guy with a shotgun.

That sounds good, such shoot out in Stary or NW A with purpose with armed groups.

But then you spawn in Elektro, run around a bit and get shot by some douche with military grade weapon farming fresh spawns for ego stroking.

I think in time we will get more sand and more buckets for our sandbox.

For time being we can just hoard some weapon for a bit and then either shoot other ppl or camp in woods avoiding everyone else.

Was with a group of 7 yesterday, at Stary. Up on a hill. We were reasonably well equipped and of moderate health. Saw a guy running through a field chased by zombies. I'm not a pker so I thought we might help him, we had obvious numerical advantage. Instead, one of the group decided to shoot him. So he died and we took his stuff.

Oddly, the guy who shot him didn't seem to think of himself as a bandit/murderer. In chat later on, he was saying how the guy was running toward us and could have attacked and it there was no time. Wasn't really like that, but it made me wonder how many others up north kill quite happily and don't think of themselves as bandits. He shot a guy in cold blood and then took his stuff... seems pretty bandity to me.

Yet this same team had been perfectly friendly when we stumbled into each other in Cherno.

BTW, I said nothing at the time. Even took a knife from the corpse. Think that makes me an accessory. Felt a bit horrible, but I didn't want to risk making a fuss and putting a target on my own head. Made me think about how I might behave in real life. Anyway, I needed a knife, the corpse didn't have use for it anymore ;)

Was with a group of 7 yesterday' date=' at Stary. Up on a hill. We were reasonably well equipped and of moderate health. Saw a guy running through a field chased by zombies. I'm not a pker so I thought we might help him, we had obvious numerical advantage. Instead, one of the group decided to shoot him. So he died and we took his stuff.

Oddly, the guy who shot him didn't seem to think of himself as a bandit/murderer. In chat later on, he was saying how the guy was running toward us and could have attacked and it there was no time. Wasn't really like that, but it made me wonder how many others up north kill quite happily and don't think of themselves as bandits. He shot a guy in cold blood and then took his stuff... seems pretty bandity to me.

Yet this same team had been perfectly friendly when we stumbled into each other in Cherno.

BTW, I said nothing at the time. Even took a knife from the corpse. Think that makes me an accessory. Felt a bit horrible, but I didn't want to risk making a fuss and putting a target on my own head. Made me think about how I might behave in real life. Anyway, I needed a knife, the corpse didn't have use for it anymore ;)

[/quote']

The longer range between targets, the larger chance one side will get shot, because you cant communicate at that range. :|

But also, keep an eye on your "friend" he might have a point, but it could be anyone of you at that other end. :D

These all are truly valid points. Seeing this I guess there will always be people killing each other because they both have the exact same excuse. That if they kill first they won't die. PvP will always be a factor. I personally try to break the chain in a way. I could have killed who knows how many people by now but I prefer to help them or let them go by never knowing I was there. I do have a group of three in total and you guys definitely should send me a message if interested in teaming up. Guess someone's stance here clearly defines whether they are a survivor or a bandit.

It is true, i think people assume if you are heading in land you are going somewhere good or have been somewhere good so you must have good stuff and they want it.

Saying that I haven't met anyone friendly for about a week now, all I get is people pretending to be friendly and then shooting me haha, so yeah I am now a shoot on sight guy where ever I am because I have been fucked over that many times in the last few days I may as well start killing instead of being killed.

As people have said the farther north you go the better the chance the player is well geared up and prone to shoot on sight.

Add to that there is no consequence for committing a murder since the removal of the skin.

So unless you meet someone with high moral standards they will shoot you on sight.

So with server hoppers exploiting at the military zones for easy kills and gear.

No consequence for murdering.

I would say its very rare to find any pure survivor / survivor groups.

There is always a murderer in the group which then makes the group bandit.

Or an exploiter in the group hopping servers for kills or loot which makes them a cheating bandit.

It's funny how the north is now the PvP arena while the south is more friendly. The later might be because they have no weapons though :P

I think that in a few weeks, everyone will be in the south because there are more ppl there to kill. Only reason to go north would be the barracks in Airfields.

I don't get the people who go inland and live off hunting animals for days. I get why clans like to hide their shit up there, but random people playing by themselves or in small groups? Is that honestly fun, never running into other players? I'm usually relieved when I die up there as it means I can get back to being around actual people instead of buggy zombies.

It's actually a funny thing. I've been alive for quite a while and as others said, I live off animals and lakes. I play while avoiding other players (though only twice I've seen one pass by), but at the same time, I keep in my backpack some spare items like a map, knife and matches, should I ever come into contact with someone who could need them...

Which is weird, given that I avoid other people.

Btw, I've never killed another player so far and I wonder if I would be able to.

its all about not wanting to lose gear, so a fix would be to lose gear if you actually kill someone...

It's mainly from not wanting to lose gear.

There are folks like me who don't shoot on sight. If you encounter them, likelihood is that you wouldn't even know it because we just turn the other way and leave. If i'm cornered i'll kill to stay alive, but if i can make it away without firing a shot that's preferable.

I stoped hesitating after I got murdered a few times (even one time by a guy id met and got on comms), the time it takes to type 'friendly' is all they need and if theres a chance of death.... me gun goes click, me gun goes bang.

was on comms with a trusted friend they other day, He is en-route to my tent and I am in the bush watching/ smoking. Without informing me my friend arrives at the tent and begins to drop loot inside. He didnt Inform me, and unfortunatly for him I did not hesitate to unload a few kobra rounds into his mid section. He thinks its all but over and I think ive just prevented a thief, till i ask

'was that you?'

'yeah'

'oh, shit... sorry dude'

run over and bandage his wounds and supply him with a blood transfusion. were still friends, and all it cost us was a few rounds a bandage and a bloodbag :P

theres no feeling worse than knowing you could have killed that prick who just shot you, and you hesitated for the minute chance that he wouldnt.... and he did.

Situation/ response

if you have the drop and you think he has seen you, shoot him

if you have the drop and your unsure if he has seen you, shoot him

if you have the drop and your sure he hasnt seen you, shoot him! (he could have NVG's! ...or some beans)