Sign in to follow this  
Sirinox (DayZ)

Why dont they simply uses pw's?

Hey there,

the game is quite fun but there is one major thing that really bugs me:

as soon as i log into a random server with like 5-10 people online i get instantly kicked and have to wait because of the spawntimer.

Its not even that i look for server who could have been restarted recently for better chances on loot. I simply like less frequented server :/

Is it that hard to create a password protected server in DayZ?

Why else could there be this huge load of server who insta-kick everybody (and i'm not even talking about most of the hillarious "clan-servers")

Anybody got an answer/solution?

You can report them kicking players for no reason is a breech of the TOS for server hire, they'll lose their server and will get no refund.

search it here I don't recall how to do it exactly.

Hey there,

the game is quite fun but there is one major thing that really bugs me:

as soon as i log into a random server with like 5-10 people online i get instantly kicked and have to wait because of the spawntimer.

Its not even that i look for server who could have been restarted recently for better chances on loot. I simply like less frequented server :/

Is it that hard to create a password protected server in DayZ?

Why else could there be this huge load of server who insta-kick everybody (and i'm not even talking about most of the hillarious "clan-servers")

Anybody got an answer/solution?

Does this happen on every server you join or just a few?

Passworded servers get reported. Try to remember which server you log into, if you get insta-kicked, report them. As someone who helps run a server as well, its annoying that people try and abuse the system. Sorry people, but you can't have private servers yet, sack up and play legit.

You can report them kicking players for no reason is a breech of the TOS for server hire, they'll lose their server and will get no refund.

search it here I don't recall how to do it exactly.

Thanks, gonna start doing this from now on, because its freaking annoying :/

Does this happen on every server you join or just a few?

No its not happening on every server and no its not because im a giant douchbag with a bad reputation :)

Out of my experience i would say that round about 75% of servers with under 10 player are kicking everyone else either to keep the danger of getting killed by other players low or to rise the chance of finding loot for themselves.

For example there is this server with that rather strange name "Aids and Autism" ... try to join and i guarantee you get kicked immidiately

Edited by Sirinox

I would then suggest you stick with one server that doesn't do that to you.  I don't have this issue because I don't server hop.

People that do that shit are morons.  Passwording a server is against the rules and can have their server revoked with no refund.  Same goes for kicking players for doing nothing but joining so that you and your friends can loot in peace.

Either way report the tits off of them and make them lose out on their free loot and thank them for donating to Bohemia when they lose their server and BIS keeps their money.

Thanks, gonna start doing this from now on, because its freaking annoying :/

No its not happening on every server and no its not because im a giant douchbag with a bad reputation :)

Out of my experience i would say that round about 75% of servers with under 10 player are kicking everyone else either to keep the danger of getting killed by other players low or to rise the chance of finding loot for themselves.

For example there is this server with that rather strange name "Aids and Autism" ... try to join and i guarantee you get kicked immidiately

You need to report servers like that.  It's the only way they'll be taken care of.  Yes it's extra work, but it's worth it.