Damnyourdeadman

Rain water collection

Thank you, guess my search words were wrong. Probably pretty hard to have an original idea at this point... :)

As for the rest, yes, we need something like this. I mean i'm currently thirsty, out of anything drinkable and I'm taking shelter while a nice rainstorm is going on....Would like to be able to get some advantage out of the one thing that really gets us sick.

I am in full support of anything craftable towards character survival that is within reason.

Thank you, guess my search words were wrong. Probably pretty hard to have an original idea at this point... :)

As for the rest, yes, we need something like this. I mean i'm currently thirsty, out of anything drinkable and I'm taking shelter while a nice rainstorm is going on....Would like to be able to get some advantage out of the one thing that really gets us sick.

Would be cool if you could wring out your wet clothes and drink the water.

It's not going to be tasty for sure, probably all salty and sweaty but if you were in desperate need it'd be dumb to not do something like that, were no cups etc available.

If people will drink their piss in an attempt to survive things like that would be a great option, at least suffering the rain would bring you some solace once you got shelter and were dying of thirst.

It'd also be cool if with barrels you could stretch some kind of fabric over them, to act as a filter reducing the need for water purification tablets but not completely. Those things will probably be like gold soon enough, I'd also imagine that with large bodies of water we should have to use multiple tablets so having your own water supply at a base would be very costly.

If they add plastic sheets in, for makeshift raincoats and covering backpacks for instance one of those could be used like a funnel too. Or some tarp.