Sign in to follow this  
-MadTommy

Shopping cart/trolley!

We should have shopping carts / trolleys...

Imaging the crafting possibilities!

Tasty steaks!

the-world_s-top-10-best-alternative-uses

Bases!

bosslet3.jpg

Vehicles!

drifting-shopping-carts.jpg

a97829_g293_13.jpg

Or just basic..carry your gear like a hobo!

2496023952_05f307b3ed_m.jpg

Lets make it happen! :P

• Like 6

That is a proper apocalypse individual transportation method.

Carts + Extinguisher = vroom for a bit.

Possibilities are endless! :P

jet_propelled__rex.jpg

Cart + Portable gas cans...

... aimed shot...

Apocalypse unguided missile !!

hmmm i like this...

• Like 1

Shopping Trolleys are such a stable part of zombie apocalypse media that I would bet your bottom dollar that they will either make it into the game as movable 'tents' or they will be static but spawn loot. I can't wait.

There is an interesting video you can see (for free) off the net, called "carts of darkness" (you can also find this on youtube im told) about homeless dudes who race their carts.. I really thought this was a cool story. The guy who filmed it is in a wheel chair (snowboarding accident i think) but he does a good job. These guys collect bottles and cans from the wealthy areas using their "aquired" carts (goes into depth about what makes a good "racing cart") then with a full cart ride them back to the recycling centres to sell.

Here in Adelaide its not uncomon to see people doing it here too,

I have seen some modifications to carts.. adding stronger wheels (for cross country ability) another positive is that if a Zombie does come at you, you could use your cart as a bit of a shield until you can draw your weapon and deal with it.. likely too that if you get bandit jumped, they shoot you all your loot is damaged, but your trolly loot remains in good condition.. (unless it gets shot as well).. ok enough fantasy time ... enjoy the movie.

This seems like a good idea. You could even leave a cart full of loot (Obviously of little value) out in the open just to attract people to it. If you're that sort of person, of course...

how about having some shopping carts around the super market areas and be able to interact with it with items and players, for instance if your friend has a broken leg or if i may have broken my friends leg by pushing him through a wall a few hours ago, be able to put him in the cart and push him around with you so your both together and he should be able to shoot from it just not very accuratly. and have it maby store some items so you can hide it out in the woods and if your about to into the city for food and your backpack is full, you can put the stuff from your backpack into the cart and head into the city and find some food/water and head back to the cart. just a thought

• Like 2

I'd rather personally see Wheel Chairs, than shopping carts.  It'd be easy to place them in medical facilities, and gives an alternate form of 'healing' a broken leg without actually healing it.  Maybe limit it's incline speed more than running, but give it a similar speed to jogging on flat ground to simulate how quickly people can actually go in wheel chairs on flat ground (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7G4b73hyvs).

• Like 2

are you high?

as a butterfly. no im just bored and i think it would be a decent idea imo

I think shopping carts are essential.  What zombie movie/tv show is without them???  Shopping carts fo' sho

• Like 2

Well, I wouldn't use a shopping cart for this, but I think shopping carts or wheelbarrows would be useful for pushing supplies around. Sorta like those guys that you see walking along the side of the highway.

• Like 1

Good thinking.. Remember the Road is a big influence, and they pushed that damn shopping cart for quite some time.. Maybe there wouldnt be the option to get in it or put a person into it, but it should definitely has some utility when it comes to the storage and transportation of goods and equipment. They would probably have to remove some of its agility when off road, and they would need to have some sort of push action for it. Also maybe a chance when running with one and turning too tightly to tip over and lose some of the gear

• Like 1

I want to add a user story to it. When we are actually putting a car together by individual parts like Dean stated it would be cool to be able to only put engines and other heavy parts in shopping carts and not in your backpack. It makes more sense and it will add more dynamics to the game.

• Like 2

Shopping carts would be awesome, they would be really noisy tho, but the feels would be apocalypsy

• Like 1

i think it'd be pretty nice to see a pushable shopping trolley that spawns at markets you can use as a little vehicle/storage space

imagine how tacticool you'd be going at 40mph down novodmitrovsk hill spraying AKM shots at zombies in a shopping cart full of cereal and empty magazines

• Like 2

Definitely needs to be added. As do wheelchairs, imagine a player run town being attacked and they evacuate during the night. One man in a wheelchair is seen perched on a second floor window, surrounded by weapons and booze- his family was killed by the raiders and he was crippled. A man with nothing to lose and a helluva lotta lead to give. In theaters, 2015

• Like 1

i think it'd be pretty nice to see a pushable shopping trolley that spawns at markets you can use as a little vehicle/storage space

imagine how tacticool you'd be going at 40mph down novodmitrovsk hill spraying AKM shots at zombies in a shopping cart full of cereal and empty magazines

Murghaed, searchy firsty.

• Like 1

Where's that guy who wants to RP "Hobo with a shotgun"?

He definitely wants this....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Im all for it as long as each cart comes standard with the one wobbly/squeeky wheel!