Hutch (DayZ)

100 Slot Server

It's crazy. There's so few resources I have to kill (or try to) anyone I run across just to see if they have any food. Unfortunately, nobody does.

People everywhere you go. Little two house village in the middle of nowhere? Yep, already looted and three other people there looking.

• Like 3

I hate to be that guy but...

1. It's in Alpha.

2. You're in the most unstable part: Experimental.

What were you expecting?

its also important to note that there is a very large swath of land up north that will eventually have more towns, buildings, and cities added in. In addition to that we will soon have respawning loot, and presumably around the same time or soon after, zombies that are more dangerous and more numerous. Bandits, killers, hunters (like me) will always be a threat. but with these things, there will be more reasons for interaction and teamwork, and therefore more entertainment derived from it.

However, I do feel that ONE HUNDRED man servers might be a bit much. I imagine 60 or maybe 80 tops, would be better for balancing. But who knows? maybe it will work out in the end....

• Like 4

You misunderstood. (or rather I miscommunicated)  I'm saying it's alot of fun with that many people.

Scarcity of resources makes it a whole new game.

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 6

1. It's in Alpha.

What were you expecting?

Really???

Can you not see that he is NOT complaining.... you need to be punched in the face,.

• Like 10

I'm sure when they'll add in vehicles, additional zombies and loot respawning, it's going to feel like entirely a whole new game.

Now I wonder if the experimental branch has any zombies on it?

Really???

Can you not see that he is NOT complaining.... you need to be punched in the face,.

OP explained himself, however, this was way after my own post so go ahead and punch yourself in the face.

Edited by GoldenKade
  • Like 4

I would recommend to add more zombies, like a swarm of them, before making the servers with 100 players. Right now the biggest threat are not the zombies. I'm always playing extra carefully (checking all angles, windows, etc.) when I'm in High Risks zones like Elektro, even when there is only 3-4 players online. I'm always scared to get KoS... Can you imagine 100 players servers the way the game is now? 100 players in a world filled with zombies crawling everywhere would be fun and balanced. Players wouldn't be as much of a threat anymore (I may be wrong, always a party pooper somewhere) because we would be busy killing the walking dead. My 2 cents :)

P.S.: I am not complaining :P Just giving my thoughts on the order of stuff implementation...

Edited by Mosuke

1. It's in Alpha.

What were you expecting?

You're the reason people get pissed off when anyone mentions that the game is in alpha state.

He STATED his experiences in the 100 slot servers, there wasn't a shred of complaining in that first post. Revert the punch back to your own face.

• Like 2

The game crashed and kicked me out twice now. Client side doesn't seem too stable.

I'm minutes away from starving to death. I've eaten a rotten bannana and a rotten orange and haven't gotten sick yet but I'm still starving.

Looking for anyone I can beat to death with my pipe wrench and take their food.  I'm ready for the devs to add cannibalism to the game.

The server is filled up with 100 players which means people must be having fun.

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 1

You're the reason people get pissed off when anyone mentions that the game is in alpha state.

He STATED his experiences in the 100 slot servers, there wasn't a shred of complaining in that first post. Revert the punch back to your own face.

"People everywhere you go. Little two house village in the middle of nowhere? Yep, already looted and three other people there looking."

Well I'm not exactly hearing the birds chirping and butterflies singing in this statement...

But you can be the judge of it - seems like you're doing it already.

Edited by GoldenKade

Oh, and not to mention the fact that my post was a reaction to his experiences. Naturally, I told him that the reason that loot is nonexistent is because of the instability. (and the sheer amount of players trying to get on experimental)

Not a sarcastic remark about how the game is in alpha.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that my post was a reaction to his experiences. Naturally, I told him that the reason that loot is nonexistent is because of the instability. (and the sheer amount of players trying to get on experimental)

Not a sarcastic remark about how the game is in alpha.

Your post seemed alot more snide than OP's post seemed bitchy. To me it seemed as though he was simply describing his experience. Nothing to jump on him for. Oh well, no biggie.

Anyway, this thread got me excited to try experimental again. Off to a ridiculous 100 player server!

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Your post seemed alot more snide than OP's post seemed bitchy. To me it seemed as though he was simply describing his experience. Nothing to jump on him for.

Anyway, this thread got me excited to try experimental again. Off to a ridiculous 100 player server!

Well, excuse me for not trying to please you in my manners of speaking.

pfft.

OP explained himself, however, this was way after my own post so go ahead and punch yourself in the face.

You still used the alpha bullshit, so regardless of the OP's intention, you should punch yourself in the face.

OP, what was Elektro like?

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Funny thing is, they plan on 150 player servers...

More people will be washing ashore your little 40 player kingdoms, and the butthurt will begin!

You still used the alpha bullshit, so regardless of the OP's intention, you should punch yourself in the face.

What is that even supposed to mean? "alpha bullshit"

Apparently pointing out that the game is in alpha all of the sudden means you should punch yourself in the face. That makes so much sense thanks I now understand the universe and the secrets of life.

it's the zombies who should be worrying about their lives with so many humans around.

and i'm here to see face punching

• Like 1

Really???

you got beans for saying that?^

• Like 1

To be fair, re-reading it myself, it might have seemed a little complainy. An easy misunderstanding especially with all the complaining that goes on around here.

• Like 2

It's crazy. There's so few resources I have to kill (or try to) anyone I run across just to see if they have any food. Unfortunately, nobody does.

People everywhere you go. Little two house village in the middle of nowhere? Yep, already looted and three other people there looking.

I have never had trouble finding food......NEVER! Go up north & your luck should be better. Try harder bro.

OP, what was Elektro like?

I didn't get to electro, I was in Berezino and small towns just to the south with a brief trip inland.

There were people everywhere. Everyone looked like a fresh spawn. Nobody had any weapons or food.

Flashlights and pants litter the ground everywhere. Dead bodies all over.

I found a couple of food cans in various buildings but didn't have anything to open them with.

I was searching the tower apartments in north Berezino and found a bag of rice. Just when I finished eating it, a pair of players saw me from outside and one of them who was geared with a mosin and a fire axe came in looking for me. I gambled he didn't have any ammo and I waited for him with my pipe wrench. I got the jump on him but unfortunately, I didn't get the head shot I needed and his fire axe won.

In a side note, what is it with people running around without pants? When I see someone without pants I punch them in the face.

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 3

I have never had trouble finding food......NEVER! Go up north & your luck should be better. Try harder bro.

100 people on one server and it hasn't been rebooted in hours. There's not much left.

Granted there's always a better chance of finding anything up north but the few places I checked inland were looted clean.

Oh so you've "never" had trouble finding loot on 100 player servers? For the whole 5 hours they've been up?

:)

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1