srvrsyde

DELETED BY USER

Would be nice, if possible. Having a backpack space that is unusable until you put it into your primary inventory doesn't seem like it adds anything. But I feel like this isn't coded as such because of limitations in the game. Either its not possible, or would require extra work that just isn't worth it right now.

Realistically I disagree. It is realistic to need to open your inventory to get something as I for one cannot grab things through telekinesis...

Rocket said he was going to redo the whole inventory system eventually, so fingers crossed?

Would be nice' date=' if possible. Having a backpack space that is unusable until you put it into your primary inventory doesn't seem like it adds anything. But I feel like this isn't coded as such because of limitations in the game. Either its not possible, or would require extra work that just isn't worth it right now.

[/quote']

i recall reading something in an interview with Rocket where he commented that people take for granted how powerful the Arma engine is. Hopefully it's powerful enough to do something like this. I mean, if it's powerful enough to make you have to create a campfire to cook meat, then one would think it's powerful.

Realistically I disagree. It is realistic to need to open your inventory to get something as I for one cannot grab things through telekinesis...

realistically you can grab things from your bag and use them immediately. you don't grab a pencil from your pack, put it in your front pocket then take it out again and start using it. i never said anything about telekinesis, all i mentioned was the ability to use the items straight from your bag without having to move anything to a gear slot. please read things.

Yeah.

It will be nice.

You still need to open inventory open backpack and use item so it should work okey in the settings.

this would be nice, will make survivors life much easier...

I hope Rocket and the Dev team read our suggestions...

a cooldown? weren't you just talking about realism a few posts ago? since when do you wait 10 seconds before getting something else out of your bag?

+100. Bumping until implemented.

+1

While you are digging around in the gear code, could you also turn off auto swapping ammo when moving weapons and fix items that can't fit being cast into oblivion?

Except that your logic is flawed. For you to see the items in the backpack, you still have to go into your inventory and open your bag. You may as well be able to grab the items straight from the opened, bag, too, rather than moving them into your pockets and such first.

It does get annoying, storing your supplies in the bag but having to keep like a morphine, a canteen, some food, a blood bag, and bullets outside for fast use. That way my backpack wouldn't just be stuffed with excessive amounts of shit i have to spend 30s in a menu just to use ;)