Sign in to follow this  
Skydiver (DayZ)

Do the items in your pocket "save" you

I probably just lucked out on this one:

I spawned in near my sniper spot (dont worry, its up north). Its been quiet for the last few days, but after I spawned in, lay down, I hear a very loud gunshot (a mosin I think) right next to me. My screen blurs (but not de-colours) and I manage to get a mosin shot into him (from point blank also, zoomed scope!). He seems to still be moving but bleeding, so I get up and run. As I run off, I see 2 other guys arriving. I pull out my magnum, aim at them, and all I get is *click click click*

I just put it away and run. Somehow Im not bleeding. I can hear gunfire where Im running from, but none of it is landing near my. I assume that the guy that shot me was sniping and these 2 guys that have shown up have flanked him, and I just spawn in the middle of it....

Anyway, check my gear. My tactical vest and shirt are ruined (from pristine and worn)

In the tactical vest: Magnum Ruined (from pristine), magnum ammo ruined, PU scope damaged (from pristine)

Tactical shirt: ammo damaged, but not ruined.

Its almost as if the magnum took the damage and prevented me from bleeding. Otherwise I dont see how a point blank rifle round would not cause bleeding.

Yes they do.

Maybe it is intended or maybe a bug. But they do work as bullet proof jacket.

Yes, they absorb a certain amount of damage. That's why I always put a helmet in my shirt.

• Like 2

Yep, ive been running around pretty much invincible since the last patch. Just stuff every single pocket with as much crap as possible and live forevaaaaar.

Srsly tho i took about 4-5 close range shots to the chest and lived. Had healthy status so was back up and runnin in no time. Not that im impressed by the situation, i think its ridiculous and i hope they revert it.

• Like 1

Yep, ive been running around pretty much invincible since the last patch. Just stuff every single pocket with as much crap as possible and live forevaaaaar.

Srsly tho i took about 4-5 close range shots to the chest and lived. Had healthy status so was back up and runnin in no time. Not that im impressed by the situation, i think its ridiculous and i hope they revert it.

I just had a fight on experimental server SKS vs SKS.

I survived 4 bullets, got ruined vest, pants and everything inside and started bleeding on 4th bullet but I surived 4 SKS shots. Killed the guy with 6 shots from my SKS.

• Like 1

Nothing stops a bullet like tin cans.

Dunno about tin cans but I had, magnum and fnx in vest and m4 magazines and a books in pants and they saved me.

Dunno about tin cans but I had, magnum and fnx in vest and m4 magazines and a books in pants and they saved me.

I've seen players complain about the lack of weapon damage, and I think this is why. I haven't seen much of it myself but it would be nice if they reduced the protection it provides.

I've seen players complain about the lack of weapon damage, and I think this is why. I haven't seen much of it myself but it would be nice if they reduced the protection it provides.

Well its spoilt all my 1 shot sniper fun thats for sure, i actually have to stalk people and butcher them up close and personal now. B)