Sign in to follow this  
Katabasis

Avoid Gameservers

We are getting rid of them asap.  Mods, if this is the wrong place please delete or move and please accept my apologies.  My goal is not to cause issues but to inform others.

Gameservers support allowed my server to be down for over 30 hours.  After informing them that my server was malfunctioning (This was not during the maintenance) they then asked me if I wanted to move my server.  They didnt fix it they just asked if I wanted it moved.  I said to do whatever it takes to make my server functioning.  I made many updates requesting information all within the same tickets and did not receive any support until after the maintenance was finished.

This company has not responded within 8 hours to any one of my tickets about lag, crashes, etc.  Yes, they are the cheapest dayz server host that I could find but that in no way warrants them ignoring our complaints repeatedly.

I am taking our communities 100 bucks and going somewhere else.  Buyer beware.

• Like 2

Wasn't there a big attack the other day on the sa servers?

/total uninformed ignorance

Edited by Geckofrog7

lol you got DDoS'ed. Harden your sec or it'll happen no matter who your GSP is.

wut .... and how exactly am i supposed to do that.  Also i am pretty sure I  didnt get ddos'ed ... the server was glitched out, not laggy or fully crashed.  You could log into it but you would just sit there in limbo w/out a body on debug plain.

Wasn't there a big attack the other day on the sa servers?

/total uninformed ignorance

I dont think it was a ddos as much as it was an issue w/ the servers not being updated to communicate w/ the central hive.  read the announcements fore more info.

lol you got DDoS'ed. Harden your sec or it'll happen no matter who your GSP is.

Huh?  I was sure this was an attack on the servers themselves...

Huh?  I was sure this was an attack on the servers themselves...

He is incorrect. About 10 of us couldn't log onto server. We didn't all get ddos. Also server pop was 0/40 for 30+ hours

My community has two servers through gameservers. In the past we have had many different kinds of servers through them as well, the updates and maintenance are done very quickly and I have always been impressed with them.

Good luck with the alternative GSP of your choice.
As an unsatisfied customer you should take this up with the company concerned, this is not the place to express your personal discontent.