Sign in to follow this  
Robotic Insecurity

Logging out after dying

This is more of an exploit than a bug to me and I was not sure where else to post this (also tried using the search function but if there are other topics about this I am not using the proper term), but the two people I ran into yesterday both left the server right after my friends or I killed them.  This cannot be something that just happens every time anyone dies because I was avenging one of my buddies and his body stayed presumably because he remained on the server.  However, both a man another friend axed in the head and the guy that killed my friend promptly left and their bodies went with them.  I was able to access both inventories; even able to loot a pair of olive jungle boots off one.  The bodies disappeared within about ten seconds each time, though.

My two questions are if this gives those players some sort of advantage such as retaining their gear after death (not that I would abuse it; I take my deaths fair and square) and is there a planned fix to this (I saw the "logging out after dying despawns body ~30 seconds later" bit of the latest patch, assuming it was fixing that issue and not introducing it, but it does not seem to be working that way)?  Again, sorry if this is in the completely wrong forum.

As far as I know they fixed this?  But no it doesn't let them keep their gear or anything.  Just doesn't allow you to take their ruined shit off their bullet-riddled corpse.

Edited by Mdogg2005

not fixed. buddy and I just took out a guy, and we were on his corpse in about 20 seconds. as I had his inventory open, trying to take his first aid kit, he apparently logged, and his corpse disappeared- along with any chance to loot it.

• Like 2

As far as I know they fixed this?  But no it doesn't let them keep their gear or anything.  Just doesn't allow you to take their ruined shit off their bullet-riddled corpse.

You remind me of someone.

On-topic: Yeah. It happens. Has something to do the "things you own" disappear along with your connection. If you disconnect, your stuff disconnects too.

Edited by DayzForumer
  • Like 1

Most of the stuff was "damaged" or higher on the first guy and the second guy had, albeit mostly ruined gear, a pristine M4 and a couple articles of clothing.

If our inventory is not server side, we can edit our equipment with hacks.

Nope. Battleye and VAC will notice it and give em' the ol' ba'hammr.

You remind me of someone.

On-topic: Yeah. It happens. Has something to do the "things you own" disappear along with your connection. If you disconnect, your stuff disconnects too.

oh I didn't know this - I will have to remember to stay logged on longer after I get killed - I did try to respawn back to the same server so I could offer some 'gratz but the server wouldn't load. I hope the guy enjoys the gear if he got it - northern map and all ;) otherwise its all a waste