Sign in to follow this  
havagrim

Amazing!

Ok..

So I have played well over 200 hours of game time. In that time I have met very few friendly people. A few, but they have been very rare.

Today however I had the coolest experience so far in this game. First i log in inside Electro (hardcore server). Run into the school building and I meet a guy. I got green outfit, balistic helmet and fire axe and school bag. So I am pretty low geared. This other guy got a bit better stuff. We stop dead in track, and I wave and call out friendly in the direct chat. He waves back but doesnt respond. Guess he had no mic, or just couldnt talk atm.

I run off down the stairs, bug out and I jump off the second floor. Land by the entrance and break my leg!

"Holy cow!"..

I crawl back up the stairs, and the guy is still there, so I tell him how I glitched and fell, and broke my leg. He takes a morphine and hooks me up!

We wave and get going in our own way. I manage to grab an sks and I got some ammo from before. I also find an assult vest (server restarted) in the fire station plus a magnum. So I got lucky as hell..

I proceed down towards the hospital in the SE, to try and loot some morphine in case same glitch breaks my leg again. I find one, and go and log out in a nearby house.

I log back in a little while later on the same server, and as I am going out I hear a voice calling out;

"Im friendly, please dont shoot!"

I tell him over the direct chat that I am frendly to. I give him some spare food and an can opener..

Now, had I not have had such a nice experience earlier, chances are I would have ignored this bambi. But I figured it would be nice to give back.

He tags along to the hospital and we loot it, and he gets an shotgun, bc95 and a shirt plus a baseball bat. Awesome!

At this time I figure it's time to test my fortune. Is this a nice guy, or a backstabber? I offer him some ammo for the shotgun incase we run into not so nice people.

He thanks me and dont shoot me hehe..

We proceed up the hospital to the top, and then we go down again.

As we are going down I glitch again!(wtf?!), and run thru the wall and end up down in ground outside towards the harbour! Holy friggin shit.. I am glad I am alive, but I end up breaking my friggin leg again! Phew, good thing I found a morphine shoot earlier!

Oh.. its ruined :(

I am clueless what to do now!

The guy comes down, and asks me whats up. I tell him my situation, and he tells me he got a friend nearby. He is going to try to find some stick or something to help me out. I crawl off to safety while he scavanges for help.

After that I loose connection and the server restarts ... Argh!

I log back in, and crawl out from my cover hearing two people talk. I make contact with them thru chat and It turns out my newly found friend has found another survivor that happens to have some morphine!

They hook me up. And we end up standing there just looking at eachother.. Im so happy after this experience so I give him with the morphine my magnum and 60 rounds of ammo, and wish them luck and thank them once more. I then have to log off to make dinner and such as wife gets home.

I run off to log out somewhere safish. Make a quick sweep close by before logging off.. I find an M4.. All in all, pretty good little playtime!

There is still hope for the human race!

Atleast on hardcore.. :)

• Like 8

Good stuff. It's weird I find more "Nice" players on Hardcore than none.

It's gotta be the atmosphere that having 3PP:Off gives. Anytime you see someone else your like oh thank God possible help! With the classic thought in the back of your mind "This guy wants more than my beans".

I also run into a much larger group of older players on the 3PP:Off vs the 3PP:On servers.

For example I don't think I have ever "ran" with another player I didn't know on a 3PP:On server. If I did it was closer to a crawl cause that's what I'd end up doing after having my legs axed from behind.

I also wouldn't call 3PP:Off servers Care Bear by any means cause the best bandits ie. skilled bandits I find are always on the 3PP:Off servers. These guys leave there M4/Mosins on there back and come knock you out from behind like ninjas. Then your like "wtf I was taking my time being tacticool!". But it didn't matter cause the guy had been tailing you for more than an hour...

Edit: since you sound like a solo player or at the time you were. You should ask for or give your steam account name. Sometimes you can make the best of friends in a Zombie Apocalypse. <--Gonna need that Trade Marked..

Edited by RyBo

I rarely ever see people regardless where I go or which servers I join. When I do they always try to kill you.

Hmm I need to try some 3PP:Off servers, I've had luck with some OK people on 3PP:On but that's mostly because I can call out to them when I see them behind the corner and tell them I'm putting my gun away.

Pretty cool.. this life is still up and running after a few trips around the map. Longest life so far :-D

Cool story, dude. (Seriously.)

I've come to realize that if you stay off the coast, you're more than likely going to meet the decent people. Only go to airfields/cities when you want to unleash some PAIN.

• Like 1

Well, its all about your approach, if you want to meet friendly people, always have the advantage... 3pp or hardcore.... I was playing hardcore on a full server, i knocked out(i got axed a ques) by bandits, who took all my stuff, i was unconcious, they brought me back, bandaged me, gave me saline, fed me cereal and gave me drinks, i was thinking oh well theyre good players... When i was back to full health, we ran on the tracks from solnichny to kamyshobo, half way, we stopped, they tell me to get on the road, then one guy pulls out a sawn off and shoots me in the legs, bandaged me up again, left me naked and with a broken leg and healthy. Two bambis ran past by me and neither one wanted to help. Theres no difference between the players on hardcore and normal, there are good players and aholes on both.... You just met the good players and i met the aholes :)

Wow man.. thats one hell of a shitty story! :-( you did indeed meet some real assahats. Feel for ya bro!

KoS any day over that! And I guess you are right. Got nothing to do on hardcore or regular. Assholes on both. I tend to belive there is a bit more 12-year olds on regular tho. Could be wrong. Just my ideas.

and yeah. Its all about approach. In regular I have died so much its not even funny haha.. but I have unleashed my fair share of havoc aswell. On hc I have been alive for over a month now. Today nearly ended me as I started tho. Glitched thru the second floor ln a three story house in berezino. Fell to the ground but didnt break anything. Just ruined my pants and my kitted fnx along with a mag..

the jorney continues. Good luck guys. See you in Cherno!

Theres more aholes in regular coz it has a bigger demographic.... More people play it, so more aholes there.... Lol i dont mind getting killed, but using an epipen, saline bag, then gainin my trust only to fuck me over better.... Haha thats some real "villain" shit right there.... But thats why i play this game.... Hahaha