Sign in to follow this  
Alyais

Stretchers

Synopsis of Suggestion (TLDR):

Expand medical, teamwork, and immersive capability by adding a craftable wooden stretcher which can carry other players who are in some way disabled.

General Pitch:

When I recruit a friend to play DayZ with me I usually start with the line, "Its a zombie survival game focused on wilderness survival." When working in a team in DayZ, even when basebuilding is introduced, moving together as a team can be one of the most important facets of the game. When a player suffers an injury, such as a broken leg (or even starvation, unconscious, etc) it could be highly useful to be able to craft a stretcher and, using one or two players, carry them across the great expanse which is Chernarus. Indeed, in real life if you had the capability you would be unlikely to leave your friend behind in the bushes while you scout for the necessary solutions. 

Cause of Suggestion:

Sometimes a player breaks his leg, falls unconscious, or is so low on hydration and starvation that to keep moving risks him killing himself by overworking. Solutions currently exist in the game to all of these problems but in some cases can be rare or hard to find.

Benefits:

This suggestion enables players to better cooperate, have a much more immersive experience, and enables the development team to provide a means to "enable" the "disabled" player without having to decrease the rarity of other objects in the game that could solve the solution. The player on the stretcher can still experience the game, the group can still move on, and the group feels like they're working even more as a team. The primary benefits here are weighed 

Method of Implementation:

This could be done using the existing vehicle architecture to have the player who is in "front" of the stretcher "driving". The driving player would determine the direction and speed of those involved in the stretcher. They wouldn't move very fast but could remain at a hustle whereas their friend with a broken leg would typically force them to a crawl.

Inventory Logistics:

Made from aluminum and high-quality fabric, you would be able to find stretchers in hospitals and military bases as well as some other supply areas (such as the firehouse, police station, etc). Alternatively, It could be crafted using two sticks and some canvas and would take up the same number of slots as two sticks (since the canvas part simply folds when not in use). I'm aware that currently one stick and a rag will make a splint that fixes the leg completely. Despite this, I still feel this is a strong suggestion for the reasons mentioned above.

Thoughts? Opinions?

• Like 1

Great idea! I hope they have this and even wheel barrows to carry items or even your hurt friend.

Carrying a friend on shoulders > stretchers

Hawes carry is best, both parties are able to engage targets if need be.