chekovp

One of the many reasons why DayZ is awesome.

My story of last night.

I almost always try to make contact with people before I decide to shoot them or not. But if I am a fresh spawn, I will do whatever I need to do to get what I want.

Last night I was in Elektro as a fresh spawn on an experimental sever. I went to check one of the fire houses for loot and found a guy in it with a Blaze. Armed with a axe, I ran all the way around the building to the back door, as I was certain he saw me pop in the front door. The man came running out the back door and I proceeded to follow him with my axe drawn. He warned me, saying something like "you don't want to do that". I back off for a second, but then thought, what do I have to lose? I returned to chasing him. With his Blaze drawn and ready to fire, he ran up a little slope so I couldn't rush him. I then started to run around like a mad man while he continued to aim at me and take his two shots, two misses. I then walked up the slope after him and he ran away, I got a couple of good hits in with my axe. He then switched to a double barreled shotgun, wtf? He shot me in the legs with both shots and broke them. He Stopped in front of me for a second while I was down, giving me enough time to stand up and give him a nice whack in the head. I knocked him out, forgetting to try to loot his shotgun I tried to beat him over the head again, but I could not seem to get a hit on him at where I was standing. I tried to move to get a hit in, but fell to the ground from my broken leg. The guy was able to get up and move away about 10 meters. At this point I noticed that his Blaze fell to the ground when he switched to the shotgun. I crawled to it with the guy still standing there 10 meters away, Picked up the Blaze and began to draw it. I happened to have a snap loader with 2 7.62 rounds in it. I started to reload, but then for some reason my character decided to put the Blaze back on my back, at this point the guy noticed that I had picked up the Blaze, he obviously wanted it back and started to run towards me again reloading his shotgun. I frantically draw the Blaze again and start to reload it. At this point the guy is no more than 2 meters from me with his shotgun ready to fire, he takes a shot and hits me in the body. I quickly look down the sights of the Blaze and shot the guy in the gut twice, killing him. I quickly check his corpse for loot, sadly it has all been ruined. I now have a gun with no ammo and a broken leg. I started to look around for anything I could tear into bandages so I could dress my wounds to stop the bleeding and to make a splint once I found a wooden stick. I only made it about 15 meters from where i had killed the guy and got over run by a zombie. I tried to stand up and fight it, but I kept falling to the ground when I was hit. I died moments later.

Was this a dick move? Probably. But some crazy is always fun and makes the game a bit more exciting. Also, Im guessing that having a shotgun and a rifle at the same time is some sort of glitch?

you can have 2 guns, one on your back, one in your hands. Tho you drop the one in your hands if you do anything requiring your hands (like eating, drinking etc). Guess that's why he dropped the blaze. Also a sawed off shotgun can fit in your backpack.

Anyway, nice story, enjoyed it :)

Edited by kawa_

A few paragraphs wouldn't hurt mate, but good story.

Edited by Mr duke
  • Like 1

lol, karma is a bitch XD... good story though, if you wanna kill people for fun feel free but it can so easily bit you in the ass. anyways he did say what you were gonna do was a bad idea :P, you coulda been friends and strolled off into the sunset

you can have 2 guns, one on your back, one in your hands. Tho you drop the one in your hands if you do anything requiring your hands (like eating, drinking etc). Guess that's why he dropped the blaze. Also a sawed off shotgun can fit in your backpack.

Anyway, nice story, enjoyed it :)

Weird, I have tried this but was unable to do it. Guess I'll have to try again. Thank you.

A few paragraphs wouldn't hurt mate, but good story.

I agree, but its been a very long time since I've had to write something with structure. My apologies. 

lol, karma is a bitch XD... good story though, if you wanna kill people for fun feel free but it can so easily bit you in the ass. anyways he did say what you were gonna do was a bad idea  :P, you coulda been friends and strolled off into the sunset

I did this for the lulz and just to see if i could for the most part. I'm not one to care if I die, especially while playing on the experimental servers. I also think it is funny when people rage over dying. It is just a game in the end.

I would have been alright if he didn't break my leg, but oh well. There is always the next time I spawn near Elektro.