Sign in to follow this  
Kestrol

Log Out Safe - Log in and Die

Hi all,

Had a situation last night which made me rage a tad.

My most recent char had the best equip and items i've found so far and had travelled the furthest *pretty proud* I left my char in what I perceived to be a "safe place" - in the centre of a hedged area in a small cleared section a reasonable distance from a town. Upon my log in the next day, it lags a bit, the screen seemed to show the side of a building (odd as I was nowhere near buildings) though sometimes before the screen renders properly it shows something odd so I figure it was just one of those things. I also heard a zombie noise and hitting noise. Tried spamming W but before my screen even properly focused, i got the You are dead message.

Just wondered if this is common? And whether there are better places to log out? Or I was just unlucky.

Cheersss

(I did do a thread search, so apologies if I missed an existing topic)

One bit of advice... when logging out, find somewhere safe (generally in the woods in a tree or bush) and wait 30 seconds or so before you log out..  As the sever can lag behind a bit.

i.e If you run out of a village 50 yards and find a bush and immediately log out, you will often find yourself in the position you were 30 seconds earlier.... potientially exposed and in danger.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 4

One bit of advice... when logging out, find somewhere safe (generally in the woods in a tree or bush) and wait 30 seconds or so before you log out..  As the sever can lag behind a bit.

i.e If you run out of a village 50 yards and find a bush and immediately log out, you will often find yourself in the position you were 30 seconds earlier.... potientially exposed and in danger.

I'll try this, i have had the above, thankfully it wasn't fetal but i have re spawned smack bang in the middle of a town before when i logged out in the forest

Because the server does not save, if you not walk. Just to wait 30 seconds doesn´t fix your problem. You have to walk in a cycle for exaple, right around the bush or tree you wanna log out in. Then you will log in right where you wanted to.

Because the server does not save, if you not walk. Just to wait 30 seconds doesn´t fix your problem. You have to walk in a cycle for exaple, right around the bush or tree you wanna log out in. Then you will log in right where you wanted to.

Nah.  Not from my experience.  It is simply a matter of lag between the game server and hive server.. has nothing to do with walking in circles,

lol what can one say about this post just if it sounds silly then most likely it is!!!!!

30 seconds is a good rule i do about a minute to be safe use this time to check your out of zed range (which means it helps if you are well out of town) still check for zeds sometimes you can drag them a long way without realizing they are still chasing you ( nothing worse then logging in to get a default spawn and 30 seconds your character stays in game after you log is enough for the zed to kill you.......

this

Cheers, ok well I'm pretty sure I do wait around for that long, sometimes longer before logging to make sure I havnt dragged any zeds with me. So perhaps I need to make sure I stay in one small area for longer, rather than treaking around. (Y)

Sometimes zombies can be surprisingly persistent, following you unnoticed for a long time and over long distances, only to suddenly appear if you stand still. So I recommend standing still on the spot you decide to log out from for a couple of minutes before actually logging out, just to make sure there aren't any surprise zombies around.

I usually use stuff in my inventory to force the server to save my status (eg eat something or move stuff around). The added benefit that comes with this is that you will notice if the spot is safe or not.

There are certain spots in the woods where zombies can spawn however, or where other players might have trained them to. So upon login you are never 100% safe.

Lost my character yesterday to a server restart hickup. It sucks to lose a character to quirks in the game, but hey, that's why we are playing the game.

Best to check the bugtracker for an issue like yours and give that report an upvote.

And you could also check some of the client command line options from the fps-guide, which might lead to a faster loading time of the world and the game. (I disabled them, as it didn't really have a big impact on my game)

Edited by Baarn
  • Like 1