Rivals.Joho

Players in the distance are almost invisible

Hi All, I have this problem for a long time. Players in the distance about 400+ metres ale visible only as very small white V (made of pixels) or just two pixels of different color. Not as persons or siluets. This means that I can never see enemies which are far away. My team mates can see them normally but for me its not possible. I can see Zeds fine but not the players. (my friend wne far from me and provoked zoombie so it looked like running zoombie chasing 3 brown pixels) :((((

From my field of view on lets say 50%.

If I zoom in FOV on maximum. Then its ok but I cant play with this view filed from 3rd person of course. 

Can anyone please help me to solf this?

Thank you very very much

My details:

I play on 1920*1080, Intel Core i7, 2.4GHz (3.4GHz Turbo), Ge force 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM, FPS in the game normally 20-30

My settings:

Object - very low

Terrain - very low

Clouds - disabled

Shadows - very low

Video memory - auto

Texture Detail: High

Texture filtering: High

Anti aliasing - Normal

Edge smoothing - FXAA normal

HDR - very low

the rest is disabled

And my config is set:

Player config:

• sceneComplexity=100000 (I had 300000 but it didn't help)
  • shadowZDistance=250 
  • preferredObjectViewDistance=1000 ( I had 3000 but it didn't help)

game config:

• GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 
  • GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1 

Interesting. I know what you're talking about because I have it myself but I have no idea what can be causing it, sorry. I'll want to hear an answer to this aswell.

I believe it has to do with the object quality mate.
The higher object quality, the further away textures are loaded basicly, but i cant say for sure this applies to the players ingame, i do think so though.

Have you tried to raise the Object Quality to normal or higher?

Now im not sure its the actual cause of your "issue", but its down that road somewhere.

Edited by Byrgesen

I believe it has to do with the object quality mate.

The higher object quality, the further away textures are loaded basicly.

Have you tried to raise the Object Quality to normal or higher?

Now im not sure its the actual cause of your "issue", but its down that road somewhere.

Hi, thanks for stopping by. 

I lowered Object and Terrain from NORMAL to very low this week to get some more FPS.  It was same with setting on Normal.

Cheers

yes, its depends on object quality or scenecomplexity in you cfg. me too set it on 100000 and i have same promblem. so owners top computers have unfair advantage.

as I'm saying above, I had settings of sceneComplexity= 300000 and it was still same... It must be something else. They should have advantage  in FPS or hight quality but this must be something else. Common please, comunity, please help :D

as I'm saying above, I had settings of sceneComplexity= 300000 and it was still same... It must be something else. They should have advantage  in FPS or hight quality but this must be something else. Common please, comunity, please help :D

set it to 750000 or 1000000 and you will see a difference. i tested it and can tell that every 100000 of scenecomplexity raised your playerviewdistance about 50m. 

I've tested it myself from a very far distance and my friend skylining himself ontop of an apartment building. I was zooming in to spot him. On very low to low he is almost completely invisible except for a single pixel floating arround in the distance almost impossible to see with the naked eye. He had to move for me to see him ever so slightly. On normal it was slightly better but i could clearly tell his whole shape did NOT render. on high to ultra I could clearly see his whole figure in the distance. The problem with this is that it clearly gives players with high end rigs an advantage. I MUST play with low settings to even be able to walk through a town to avoid getting that slideshow of a framerate. If only they could somehow separate object detail and introduce a single option to increase player distance rendering singlehandedly that would be GREAT! Then again I have no idea how that would work or if it's even possible.

With Very high Objects and scenecomplexity 1000000 I managed to see a black dot running on Balota airstrip from North Cherno apartments and that's like ~600-700 meters (?)

Closer to that I can see full figure :)

Hope that helps