Sign in to follow this  
res

I hope vehicles will be rare - A video I made so you can compare

didnt the devs allready say that driving a vehicle at top speeds like that wont be easy at all?

i think cars should be in the game, but i hope they keep those civilian, no army vehicles with guns..

just make fuel and working parts a rarity, limit the speed of those patchwork cars to 100 on roads or something like that.

modern cars would be a pain in the ass to keep them running, i want old simple ones where it is possible to fix them yoursell.

in a post apocaliptic world its way easier to get and old tractor working than any modern car that is full of electronics.

and yes please add bicycles ;)

I've been saying what OP has been saying forever now.

The map is not large enough for vehicles.

Besides, what is this? Watered down GTA?!

The only vehicles I would personally approve of, and find fitting to the game, is:

1: Mountain Bicycle - About 2x runspeed. Uses less energy than running. All-terrain use.

2: Rollerblades/Rollerskates/Skateboard - Road use only, Uses same or slightly less energy than running. Roughly 3x running speed.

Apart from that, I MIGHT be convinced towards a hang-glider than can be used to, say, travel from Green Mountain/Devil's Castle, at reasonable speed. Gotta say though, that landing it should be very hard and have a very high chance of broken legs/arms/death if landed incorrectly.

But I stand firm that cars, trucks, planes of any sort, or any vehicle that requires fuel should be a massive no-go for DayZ.

I dunno. I'm kind of looking forward to being able to weld gun turrets and anti-zombie spikes on to a family sedan to give the game post apocalyptic Mad Max or Carmageddon sort of feel.

As long as fuel is limited and off-road driving is difficult and damaging to vehicles, I don't think it'll wreck the balance too much. But helicopters/planes, I agree shouldn't be included.

Lmao. The map is to small for vehicles?

The only reason it feels small is because of the increased running speed. That's it.

Why would there be no cars? Did all the cars suddenly disappear from Chernarus? Was it a carpocolypse?

Did the zombies eat the cars?

Of course there is going to be vehicles. Vehicles will also serve as storage, and when base building is added, will pretty much be the only way to transport otherwise heavy materials across the map.

Are you telling me you want to lug a stack of 2x4's across the map to where you want to build your base? They'll also be used for transporting large groups, picking up you buddies, hell, even helping strangers with a ride if you're willing to risk it. ( I used to run a taxi service in the mod, fare was based on distance and ammo/med supplies were currency for me.)

You logic makes no sense Wheunis. 

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 1

I guess old UAZ vehicles of 1970's would fit DayZ perfectly. Its speed is not above 120 km\h (78 mph), even lower I guess.

%D0%93%D0%90%D0%97-69.jpg

IMAG0022.JPG

0_4effa_1fe85b8_orig.jpg

Edited by Gorgeous Richie
  • Like 1

Why would there be no cars? Did all the cars suddenly disappear from Chernarus? Was it a carpocolypse?

If you really going to be stupid about it, i will spell it out nice and easy so you can follow along.

The specific region of the world we are playing in, is NOT the US. In such environments, the same as I live in South Africa, fuel isnt simply available at all times and locations.

Apart from large cities (none of which exist in DayZ), fuel pumps at stations empty out in a matter of hours once they are refilled.

In a particular area that my friend lived in, very similar to DayZ, the fuel stations would only open for half a day on Tuesdays, when they get their supply.

90% of that fuel is used by the farmers for their tractors and machinery.

Note how i said USED, not STORED.

You may now go back to your rosecolored glasses you see the world through, and simply imagine that massive amounts of fuel is stored by every other person in every inch of the world, and it will never dry up.

• Like 2

If you really going to be stupid about it, i will spell it out nice and easy so you can follow along.

The specific region of the world we are playing in, is NOT the US. In such environments, the same as I live in South Africa, fuel isnt simply available at all times and locations.

Apart from large cities (none of which exist in DayZ), fuel pumps at stations empty out in a matter of hours once they are refilled.

In a particular area that my friend lived in, very similar to DayZ, the fuel stations would only open for half a day on Tuesdays, when they get their supply.

You may now go back to your rosecolored glasses you see the world through, and simply imagine that massive amounts of fuel is stored by every other person in every inch of the world, and it will never dry up.

You totally missed the point of everything he said. Read again, slower, with less of your nose in the way.

You also don't even know what your saying. The gas stations, garages, and hundreds of ruined vehicles on the map seem to completely contradict you (new) point. You have shifted ground from map size to plausibility and availability of vehicles and resources. You can't make a new argument every-time someone calls you out on your old shitty one.

Edited by Judopunch

Hi.

I hope that before they add vehicles, they add lots of debris and road blocks like in the mod. In the mod you couldn't just go full speed everywhere without hitting a trash pile or some other block and wreck your car.

Those trashpiles and other stuff blocking the road also provide good spots for ambushes.

Regards.

• Like 2

I dunno. With all his talk of base building and lugging 2x4s around in big quantities, he could be talking about the ability to build oil wells and oil refineries.

Some people apparently really want this game to become an updated version of minecraft, or even worse: Rust.

Edited by BadAsh

Have you seen how many military bases, personal fuel tanks, gas stations there are in Chernarus? Seems to me like there isn't a shortage of fuel anywhere, pre-apocalypse.

We're also playing in a small part of the overall country of Chernarus, which means we're in what seems to be the rural part, with a significant military presence. 

When the apocalypse hit, obviously fuel would be scarce, but not in the way you're making it out to be. 

Chernarus isn't a poor African country. It's a medicore ex-soviet bloc. 

It's obviously a bit westernised and to add to the fact, Takistan in the Armaverse is a stone's throw away. Which has major oil reserves. 

You're grasping at straws. People want vehicles in game, and we WANT fuel to be a limited resource. Just because cars don't fit into YOUR view of the game doesn't mean there shouldn't be any.

Hell, ethanol can be used as an alternative for straight gasoline.

But the point stands, there is plently of fuel in Chernarus. 

Okey, people, after doing some moves, I found a civilian vehicle in DayZ (It wasn't in the original Arma 3 vehicles list) but it has some "optimization problems":

5lrj.jpg

Other vehicles work just fine;

iw0u.jpg

Edited by skin_head_army
  • Like 2

I dunno. With all his talk of base building and lugging 2x4s around in big quantities, he could be talking about the ability to build oil wells and oil refineries.

Some people apparently really want this game to become an updated version of minecraft, or even worse: Rust.

Nice of you to jump in. Attack someone who is speaking of features already planned by the development team. Bash him, make assumptions about his gaming preferences. 

So apparently you don't really know much about the alpha your in. Please refrain from personal attacks. You have made no contribution to this topic.

• Like 1

There should be tons of cars everywhere....but no gas. Gas should be unbelievably rare; causing people to fight over it.

• Like 1

Sure, let's all hunt animals, and make fuel out of their fat.

:D

Edited by skin_head_army

There should be tons of cars everywhere....but no gas. Gas should be unbelievably rare; causing people to fight over it.

what would be the point of fighting over gas.... you are already in walking distance of military bases even from a fresh spawn, within a hour you can go from fresh spawn to having a jacket, vest, backpack and a weapon by running to nearest airfield, fighting over gas would be dumb and pointless because there is no need of a car to get anywhere.

First thing to go would be that head unit if that's the crap it plays :D

First thing to go would be that head unit if that's the crap it plays :D

Hell I could've put some NYHC from the 80's. It's still better than bullshit made by computers that people call music today.

5lrj.jpg

SWEET JEBUS!  The Thing from The Thing just learned how to drive!  RUN FOR YOUR LIVES AND TEST YOUR BLOOD!

• Like 1

what would be the point of fighting over gas.... you are already in walking distance of military bases even from a fresh spawn, within a hour you can go from fresh spawn to having a jacket, vest, backpack and a weapon by running to nearest airfield, fighting over gas would be dumb and pointless because there is no need of a car to get anywhere.

That's why the devs should introduce more punishing fatigue mechanics to go alongside the introduction of vehicles. While marching is still the only mode of transport, I can live with the ability to run everywhere all the time, in order to keep the game interesting; but once we do have vehicles, then it'll be time to ditch the unrealistic iron-man nonsense and force people to choose between walking and exhaustion if they want to travel around on foot.

• Like 2

well first most cars in the mod were really slow, offroad or on sandtracks you could easily outrun a car. Second in this video you take the easiest street in the whole map to show how fast it is... if you go up north on the much smaller, curvy roads, you will take much longer with this car and your car in the Standalone will mostlikely just go about 80-100 on a good straight road, not 250 and above.

I guess old UAZ vehicles of 1970's would fit DayZ perfectly. Its speed is not above 120 km\h (78 mph), even lower I guess.

%D0%93%D0%90%D0%97-69.jpg

IMAG0022.JPG

0_4effa_1fe85b8_orig.jpg

I have good news for you.

:D

Found this in game files; 

23jb.jpg

You'll have to wait untill it's properly implemented.

• Like 3

More news, expect these types of vehicles; 

94oi.jpg

lse8.jpg

OH, and don't worry about speed. It reaches 97Km/h, and goes down to 25Km/h off-road.

For more info like this PM me.

Hell I could've put some NYHC from the 80's. It's still better than bullshit made by computers that people call music today.

You're listening to the wrong station then well ;)

I have good news for you.

Good sir! My tin of baked beans is yours. Nice job!

Edit: Damn it looks creepy with all these... things, growing from the windshield.

Edited by Gorgeous Richie

Daydream some more:

tiv7.jpg

sptw.jpg

1trq.jpg

9e9x.jpg

2kdg.jpg

a9fr.jpg

• Like 2