Sign in to follow this  
knar33

The talking zombie, a real Dayz story

I was just starting out a hardcore character with a Berezino spawn. One of the first buildings I looted was the office (aka school as everyone calls it) and had cleared out the first 2 floors. I just exited a room when I heard footsteps, so I looked behind me and there was a zombie standing in the doorway of the room I just left. I took a few steps back and got paranoid, that zombie was definitely not in the room a few seconds earlier.

We looked at each other for a solid 30 seconds, then in my infinite wisdom I decided to communicate. I called out in direct voice "erm hello?". To my shock I got a response "hey man" O_O;

I was freaking out at this point, a zombie was actually talking to me. He told me he was friendly and was only looking for food. I told him I wouldn't taste very good and he should look somewhere else. To this he responded with complete confusion "wait.....what??".

I then saw the true person behind the voice I was talking to, walking up the stairs. He was a fellow survivor who had spawned a few minutes after I did, and just happened to walk into the building at the perfect time. I had to go on and explain how I thought I was talking to a friendly zombie. I think he was too surprised that I didn't shoot him on sight to judge me for carrying on a conversation with a zombie.

I gave him some food and we parted ways. I hope I meet more friendly zombies in the future :D

• Like 8

what you learned? too much dayz per day can do sirius brain dmg  :lol: 

Edited by HrkiGV

office (aka school as everyone calls it)

THANK YOU!  Starting to wounder how shitty the schools people went to must have been if they keep calling it a school.

I was just starting out a hardcore character with a Berezino spawn. One of the first buildings I looted was the office (aka school as everyone calls it) and had cleared out the first 2 floors. I just exited a room when I heard footsteps, so I looked behind me and there was a zombie standing in the doorway of the room I just left. I took a few steps back and got paranoid, that zombie was definitely not in the room a few seconds earlier.

We looked at each other for a solid 30 seconds, then in my infinite wisdom I decided to communicate. I called out in direct voice "erm hello?". To my shock I got a response "hey man" O_O;

I was freaking out at this point, a zombie was actually talking to me. He told me he was friendly and was only looking for food. I told him I wouldn't taste very good and he should look somewhere else. To this he responded with complete confusion "wait.....what??".

I then saw the true person behind the voice I was talking to, walking up the stairs. He was a fellow survivor who had spawned a few minutes after I did, and just happened to walk into the building at the perfect time. I had to go on and explain how I thought I was talking to a friendly zombie. I think he was too surprised that I didn't shoot him on sight to judge me for carrying on a conversation with a zombie.

I gave him some food and we parted ways. I hope I meet more friendly zombies in the future :D

Great story, mate! Thanks for pointing it out to me :)

THANK YOU!  Starting to wounder how shitty the schools people went to must have been if they keep calling it a school.

I'm educating people about this in the game. It's actually a pretty good test to see if they are really friendly when I go smartass on them like that. :D

Edited by 10ft19sec