flyingsauce

Realism in the game

i have no idea why many players have been and still are raging about realism in this game. even my friend who doesnt play says "dude how can you crawl with a broken leg thats not possible."

have you ever seen other fps games. they have a health bar or regenerate after few seconds of being shot also means your bones wont break even when you are shot -_-'' heard you can even revive a player who has received a headshot... 

another friend of mine said dude you can survive many days without food why is your character obsessed with food. 

i think if a game goes fully realistic then people would get either bored of it or quit because it's too hard. 

i think dayz did a great job making a realistic survival game like this where thirst and hunger is involved. this feels like Fallout 3 except more realistic because ammo and guns are harder to find and obtain. plus you can survive with a friend as well :)

just wanted to share my thoughts :)

happy gaming to you all

from a person who appreciate this great game without criticizing how unrealistic some part of the games are.

• Like 3

You think it's unrealistic now,yet i bet you can't even name me not a single game that comes as close/or tries to be as realistic as Dayz.

But come on dude,if something feels unrealistic to you,you should share it with the rest of the community.Everything content-wise in Dayz is

discussed on a daily basis by the community,from toes to eybrows.You know Dayz is one of those games that developers listen to their  community fanbase,and strive to provide better content every passing day.It's a "simulator" don't forget that.If you were to get hurt,you would bleed,if you don't bandage you die,simplicity in all it's greatness.It's not Cod or Bf4 with regenerating blood and wolverine style abilties for the individual player,that's the beauty of it.So conclusion to answer your above statements,every last person willing to buy this game better have done his reaserch before ;)

• Like 1

You think it's unrealistic now,yet i bet you can't even name me not a single game that comes as close/or tries to be as realistic as Dayz.

But come on dude,if something feels unrealistic to you,you should share it with the rest of the community.Everything content-wise in Dayz is

discussed on a daily basis by the community,from toes to eybrows.You know Dayz is one of those games that developers listen to their  community fanbase,and strive to provide better content every passing day.It's a "simulator" don't forget that.If you were to get hurt,you would bleed,if you don't bandage you die,simplicity in all it's greatness.It's not Cod or Bf4 with regenerating blood and wolverine style abilties for the individual player,that's the beauty of it.So conclusion to answer your above statements,every last person willing to buy this game better have done his reaserch before ;)

im actually dissing the people who are saying this game is unrealistic.... you dont get my point

• Like 1

well i think after the last patches you dont have to eat that much anymore, atleast when you have a full stomach and you are engerized...

and well you have to drink quite a lot IRL to stay healthy, i think arround 3L a day. I

If you are hydrated and energized you can go for quite a long time without eating or drinking

when you just spawned you are low on both levels, so the beginning is the hardest part atm.

Rocket doesn't use the word "realism" because realism can't be put into a videogame. Authentic is what DayZ is striving for.

• Like 2

Rocket doesn't use the word "realism" because realism can't be put into a videogame. Authentic is what DayZ is striving for.

Call it what you will. I like. Much game. Very Dayz. ;p

I'm not trying to be all ´´Look you use this word wrong´´, that is not my point here either, but here is what the free online dictionary says about realism:

1. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are: She gave us a realistic appraisal of our chances.
2. Of or relating to the representation of objects, actions, or social conditions as they actually are: a realistic novel about ghetto life.

Going from this definition, I think the problem is that people don't differentiate between these two definitions. Just because there is something not like reality in DayZ (like it being a PC game... real life isn't) doesn't necessarily make it unrealistic... just because you make a realistic game doesn't mean that you need to sacrifice everythign else for realism. You can have a realistic aircraft simulator that uses time compression, for example.

People actually care about the realism of DayZ... when it's in Alpha?

#firstworldproblems

i have no idea why many players have been and still are raging about realism in this game. even my friend who doesnt play says "dude how can you crawl with a broken leg thats not possible."

I get your mocking those who say the game is not realistic, but all that comes to mind is that you should of answered " Well you got the other leg to push still?" or " You do know you can drag yourself along by your arms?"

PFPFFTTTTT zombies r so unrealistic 0/10 would buy wow

/sarcasm

PFPFFTTTTT zombies r so unrealistic 0/10 would buy wow

/sarcasm

how....enlightening.

Anyway, as we all know, a game that is 100% realistic wouldn't be a very popular game, but I think a step in the right direction to making it more authentic would be to make it so I can't climb a ladder with broken legs...just sayin...

or stand up with broken legs...

or heal my broken bones with morphine...

:P

Have you even read the OP?  :rolleyes:

Your character eats and drinks like a race horse, BUT NEVER GOES TO THE BATHROOM!  I think the 'realism' comes in the form of fearing death, injury, and lack of resources.  Falling from a moderate height could 'realistically' break or shatter ankle or leg bones.  Depending on the severity of the break you could still potentially use said leg to a certain extent.  If it was REALLY bad you would just fall unconscious.  Since a shot of morphine will cure a broken leg, all I can picture now is someone loaded on drugs running around with a leg flopping around at odd angles.

Realism is sort of a relative term when it comes to gaming.  A Real Life simulator would be the most horrible thing ever.

• Like 1

Realism...

Autheniticity...

None of that matters.

There are only 2 things that matter in a game.

Practicality.

Believability.

If the developer can make a practical, yet believable way to do something - regardless of how unreal or unauthentic it is - then it's fine.

If somehow the developer figures out a way to make me believe that this pistol is more powerful and accurate than anything ever built, as long as it's practical as well = fine.

But as soon as that pistol has an automatic firerate rivalling helicopter mounted guns... it becomes impractical and unbelievable.

Never has anything in a game been about realism or authenticity.

Grow up.

• Like 1