Sign in to follow this  
doctorwhy

Was I really lucky or was this a stranger

Needless to say I ended up dead last night and I am searching around and doing my usual path of finding loot.

Low and behold I come across a Mosin.  I hit tab to look at it and drag it into my inventory.

It's almost fully kitted out with the bipod and the compensator. No scope though.  

In the small town I am in there was NO doors open.  Not even the ones to the building where I found this.

Has anyone else found a Mosin all rigged up or did some stranger come into the building find a better weapon and left his mosin sitting there...and then closed the doors and ran off?

Edited by DoctorWhy

Yeah i found one fully loaded in the barracks.

Long scope, bi pod, compensator either spawned like that or someone will have swapped for a m4 or summin!

Unfortunately i threw myself off a hunting tower by pressing V.. Even though i attempted to turn round and escape death the lovely mechanics of Day Z meant i still climbed over thin air and fell to my death.

Going back to other games until next update then ill get back on with my char

• Like 1

well someone has dropped it either accidently or on purpose or its a bugged weapon

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

I don't think they spawn like this. Someone must have left it for another weapon. (Not sure why someone would leave a Mosin behind for another weapon. :P )

I sometimes come across Mosins lying around and when I got spray paint with me, I'll give em camo look just as surprise for the lucky finder. :D

Where did you find the mosin? Often times a server hopper will just hop in one room (Yes, even with the anti-hopping patch) and wait till they get the gun they want. 

• Like 1

Where did you find the mosin? Often times a server hopper will just hop in one room (Yes, even with the anti-hopping patch) and wait till they get the gun they want. 

This.

No, they don't spawn with accessories. But I have found several m4s with scope and bipod and even loaded mags in them as well lately. The thing is that players want to try out the new guns, so the moment they find one, they drop their old one, to the benefit of latecomers.

And this guy may have been a server hopper, but it is also likely that he was just kitted out and exclusively looking for that gun, so he didn't need to check the other houses (and closing doors after you is always a good strategy).

Most definitely a leftover. All weapons spawn w/o ammo and attachments, except the m4 (which spawns only with basic ones).

I almost always close doors behind me to cover my tracks, so I guess the previous owner did the same.

I found a black mosin with a compensator while I was by myself in a military base once. I took it, and ran away as fast as i could

Edited by Tizzle

Found a fully modded, pristine, and cammed up mosin on one of the run ways on the NW airfield. I spotted it from a hanger and had to wait to see if it was the classic player trap. Funnily enough it had a LRS attached which means someone must have had it a while because I haven't seen one for a couple of weeks now.

In any high loot location I shut all the doors after i go in and after i leave.  Don't both is small villages unless I think i'm not alone there.  I also assume everyone else does too, if i enter a military building with the doors shut i assume a man is behind it with a loaded weapon.. it's saved my life once!

Has anyone else found a Mosin all rigged up or did some stranger come into the building find a better weapon and left his mosin sitting there...and then closed the doors and ran off?

Just recently, I came across a room with TWO SKS's and I was already holding a moderately kitted M4 and the hunting rifle.  Decisions had to be made and I eventually dropped the M4. 

Seems it may have been a hopper.

It was in the "piano" building in Stary so me thinks the closeness to the airfield and the loot that usually drops there it was a drop by another player.  Great find for me! It was all pristine and I had 3 boxes of the ammo before I got there.

I always pick up a little bit of each ammo I find until I get a handgun and decide on the primary.  

Edited by DoctorWhy

I dumped one for an SKS.  Don't know if you found mine, but that's exactly what I dropped.  The doors would have been closed if it was me, don't like letting people know I'm about if I'm on alone. 

SKS > Mosin with no scope

Edited by Shakes

I've dumped a few and found some occasionally as well even with closed doors as many people prefer it that way. If you close the doors there's a chance that someone will come and search that building for that lucky encounter  ;)

I dumped one for an SKS.  Don't know if you found mine, but that's exactly what I dropped.  The doors would have been closed if it was me, don't like letting people know I'm about if I'm on alone. 

I always close doors too.  Makes it far harder for people to track you through the major towns and cities.  :thumbsup:

What most likely happened is that a player with 2 rifles logged out there.

The weapon that your holding will be dropped on the ground in front of you when logging out to be picked up by someone else or left where it was placed till server restart.

This is a bug which i allready reported.

Were you on my server Fear & Loathing in DayZ?

I've seen a building with 7 or 8 rifles in it.  I don't know if there was a group who all had 2 rifles and decided to drop the second or if it was 1 person grabbing all these rifles and dropping them in this 1 building.  There was 1 M4 and all the rest were SKS's  I thought it was a trap but no one was glitched in the wall shooting me when I checked the building for someone.

EDIT: Someone dropped that rifle there, either for another one or they got tired of carrying 2 with them.

Edited by ThePieKing

Quite a mystery

i'm going to start leaving weapons and notes behind something saying

"I hope old betsy serves you well, the old gal and I got out of many sticky situations" 

but yeah, server hoppers are your best bet for the origins of this mystery rifle 

I also found a Mosin with a worn LR scope, i haven't seen those for ages :D but ye they dont spawn like that, someone dropped it, probably to try the SKS, i often drop my second pistol or rifle in the middle of the road in small villages or next to the water pumps, i hate carrying two guns but i also hate leaving them for hoppers :P

there is currently a bug, where if you have a gun on your back, and are holding one in your hands, when you logout, it till drop a copy of the one you are holding. More then likely what happened.