Sign in to follow this  
-MadTommy

Long range scopes should require zeroing when attached.

It would be nice if when attaching a long range scope it required 'zeroing' before it was accurate.  And therefore your skill at zeroing would be a factor in your long range shot success.

All it would require is an option to adjust the elevation and left/right deviation in small/fine increments.  When you attach the scope it is given a random 'position' within certain tolerances.  You then need to fire some shots and zero the scope.

Be a nice touch, with some good side effects.  Realism and the element of strategy with regards to when and where you make a test range. Its the kind of immersion I'd love to see in this game.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 2

Not only LRS, everything else from PUs to irons, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Not only LRS, everything else from PUs to irons, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Yeah.. makes sense.  But there should be a greater chance an iron sight is accurate when you pick it up, as it is already attached and may already be 'accurate'.

You are talking about no sense?

Oh the irony... I suggest if you want to question if I am making any sense you write something that actually makes some sense. :P

But yes i would like to see the dot cross hair removed.  But it does not help you shoot someone at 700m...

Your a random survivor. Maybe you wouldn't know how to adjust it?

And?  Maybe he doesn't know how to shoot a gun, or use a tin opener, or craft a backpack or make a split.. should i continue?

Edited by MadTommy

Yeah.. makes sense.  But there should be a greater chance an iron sight is accurate when you pick it up, as it is already attached and may already be 'accurate'.

That is true, the previous owner may have sighted it in.

Yes you should. Firing a gun involves pulling a simple trigger mechanism. Using a tin opener is again a simple leverage exercise. Crafting a backpack is essentially tieing bits of cloth and stick together to fashion a form of container. Same with a splint, it's a solid support.

Accurately zeroing a rifle is a skill you get taught or learn through laborious hours of practice.

I suggested yourta random survivor with perhaps no military/weaponry experience. Not someone with zero life experience and common sense.

That is true, the previous owner may have sighted it in.

If its military issue you can just dream about it. nearly every conscript will unalign sights for kicks when they are freed from their service.

It took me 3 days to zeroin my rifle when i was issued it (and thinking about it rifle was about 13 years old at that point so i would believe it had numerous user before me)

Yes you should. Firing a gun involves pulling a simple trigger mechanism. Using a tin opener is again a simple leverage exercise. Crafting a backpack is essentially tieing bits of cloth and stick together to fashion a form of container. Same with a splint, it's a solid support.

Accurately zeroing a rifle is a skill you get taught or learn through laborious hours of practice.

I suggested yourta random survivor with perhaps no military/weaponry experience. Not someone with zero life experience and common sense.

I don't agree.  Zeroing a rifle scope is not rocket science.  You have two dials.  One is marked left & right the other is up and down.  Its common sense.  Fire a shot.. if it misses to the left you move the dial to the right..etc etc

I've owned tin openers that are more complex and confusing!

• Like 1

Great idea. 

Cant see any reason they couldn't/wouldn't implement scope zeroing other than to keep the game simple, unless its a complicated mechanic to add? (very little knowledge about ballistic engine capabilities)

One more reason to cherish your hard won scope & any investment you make in your gear just adds to the adrenaline rush when the danger of losing it all rears its ugly head :D  

Your a random survivor. Maybe you wouldn't know how to adjust it?

But you know to fire from M4, to sew clothing with sewing kit, to saline bag someone ?