Sign in to follow this  
Bre3ze

Server hopping

I think we need to change this wait time when you change servers. Sometimes when we join a laggy or wrong server, we have to pointlessly wait for 5 minutes. I am right now inside the walls of a building, and cannot get out, I saw someone in the forums say to vault next to the wall and log out immediately,

Welp everytime I do this, I have to wait Veerrry Long. Any other ways to counteract server hopping? Because the happens every time I log out. 

You can escape from inside walls without having to log out..

Just keep running in the direction of the wall and vaulting from time to time.. If that doesn't work, try laying down and rolling a lot.

I does kind of feel like the game is punishing you for it being unstable. Like, if the game is guaranteed to crash after about 20 minutes if you play on a server with a population higher than 0, why does it punish you for leaving the server after 20 minutes? You should get a reprieve if the game shits itself, and again, the failure rate is 100% if you make the mistake of approaching within 1km of another player.

The current system doesn't stop server hopping for loot it slows them down but they still do it.

Its a good system to combat the combat loggers but not to combat the loot hot spot hoppers.

server restart counts as server hopping if you log in to a server. lol.