Sign in to follow this  
Niner

Fully Kitted M4?

Just the other day I was doing a long play through and decided to test my bravery, so I went to Bolota airfield for teh lolz, every door seemed to be open, and I managed to get through the whole airfield without being shot.

In total, I found a hunting backpack, 3 forty round magazines, two ten round magazines, and then I came across a fully equipped M4?

It had an Acog, Mp butt stock, bipod, tac rail, and suppressor, is this a normal spawn? Or did someone just throw it down?

Was it painted tan/green?

It was not painted.

it will have been swapped out

I was just curious because who would swap out a M4 with all those attachments? My small squad we prefer to have at least one man with an M4, I would have at least taken it and carried whatever he/she may have swapped it for.

You probably found my M4 outside the brig building in Balota after I got killed by some guys hiding in the bushes. I know the guys who killed me didn't take it.

You probably found my M4 outside the brig building in Balota after I got killed by some guys hiding in the bushes. I know the guys who killed me didn't take it.

This one was dropped inside the barracks next too two forty round, grey magazines.

What where the chances you actually stumbled upon my M4. Next time I'll be sure to add a "hehe" at the end of the sentence.

It could have been cloned/duped, has happened to me quite a lot lately.

• Like 1

Someone was carrying two weapons. When you do you have to keep the second in your hands. Anytime you want to eat or switch weapons etc you have to set it on the ground. Now add in game crashes and such finding a fully kitted Mosin or M4 is not uncommon in the most commonly looted areas.

ie. Bandit grounds (Air Fields/Elektro-Bolota/Berinzeno/beach).

My group has found 2 or 3 so far in Bolota alone. Mostly on the very top of the A-Tac-Tower. A favorite noob sniper spot. I figure they ended up getting caught swapping weapons and tried to log-out under fire from another player.

Edited by RyBo

I was just curious because who would swap out a M4 with all those attachments? My small squad we prefer to have at least one man with an M4, I would have at least taken it and carried whatever he/she may have swapped it for.

Sometimes when you swap weapons just to check the other one, the weapon you put in the floor dissapears (oddly) just for you. But the rest (by this i mean "you") can find it

Because you sit down at log out, you can't hold a weapon so the 2nd weapon your holding in your hands drops to the ground, because you already have one on your back. That's why its there, some one logged out in the barracks.

Because you sit down at log out, you can't hold a weapon so the 2nd weapon your holding in your hands drops to the ground, because you already have one on your back. That's why its there, some one logged out in the barracks.

I log out with my SKS and Mosin regularly. I've done it twice or thrice today alone.

Might have been left behind when the player logged out if he had two long arms.  

Just the other day I was doing a long play through and decided to test my bravery, so I went to Bolota airfield for teh lolz, every door seemed to be open, and I managed to get through the whole airfield without being shot.

In total, I found a hunting backpack, 3 forty round magazines, two ten round magazines, and then I came across a fully equipped M4?

It had an Acog, Mp butt stock, bipod, tac rail, and suppressor, is this a normal spawn? Or did someone just throw it down?

Did you find it on the airfield right outside the jail? If so it was all my fault.....I goofed.

Might have been left behind when the player logged out if he had two long arms.  

Nah I logged out yesterday with a m4 on my back and a sks in my hands and signed back on later with both on me.

I fill backpacks with loot all the time and just leave them in open places its like my little gift to my fellow survivors who are to cowardly or I'll equip to make it to a base

• Like 1

If it was hidden in a spot someone would likely log out, it was a dupe. Not gonna say how but if you read the dev bug reports it pretty much says step by step.

Nah I logged out yesterday with a m4 on my back and a sks in my hands and signed back on later with both on me.

Yes, you will have both.  But when you left, you left the SKS behind.  Someone else entering the place would have found it.

Yes, you will have both.  But when you left, you left the SKS behind.  Someone else entering the place would have found it.

Oh nice. So that's how you dup guns? I wish the person luck finding it in a wall. It would be hard to find.

It is an error that was introduced at the last patch.  WHen your character sits down to wait out the 30 second timer, for whatever reason he drops the gun on the gound.  It remains after he disappears and is freely available for anyone to pick up.

That is full of bad news for anyone traveling to Balota i'd think.......

1796442_10151869153651854_1607469267_n.j

Edited by illville502