Sign in to follow this  
Delarado

Anti server hopping kick detection

Would it be possible to introduce kick detection?

IVe just spent 15 minutes getting into a game because my usual server is night, and I was then kicked from 3 other sertvers as soon as I joined.

If you are kicked you should not have to wait...

why were you kicked?

If these servers weren't full and only had one or two people in then you should report these servers as they're basically using them for loot farming and this is against the rules.

Edited by Xeauron
  • Like 3

Exactly as Xeauron says, report the crap out of thoose servers.
Unless you said something racist or abussive or cheated in any way, they arent allowed to kick you.

So theres really no need for a thing like a kick detector, as its against the rules to do so, and we (players) need to report the servers who doesnt follow the rules.
If you where legitimately kicked, you deserved it, but it doesnt sound like thats the case here tbh.

Would it be possible to introduce kick detection?

IVe just spent 15 minutes getting into a game because my usual server is night, and I was then kicked from 3 other sertvers as soon as I joined.

If you are kicked you should not have to wait...

You get kicked. You use your 5 mins downtime to report the server for infringment of the DayZ ToS. Problem solved. Go here for details: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

I didnt know it was against the rules.  So some servers have kick in the title, and they do just that as soon as you join.  I should report these?

All of these servers kicked me within 10 seconds of joining.  Ill bear this in mind.

Kicking on joining is against the rules. Report any server that does it.  There are no private servers yet, so everyone has the right to be on any of the servers as they are all using the PUBLIC hive. Only reason players can be kicked is if they are being verbally abusive or exploiting bugs/hacking.

what about passworded servers?

Also against the rules.

Essentially these people run auto kick servers and passworded servers, go in them harvest all the loot, reset it a couple of times until they're armed to the teeth and fully geared up then go into public servers and kick ass (probably kill newspawns as well). When they die they simply return to their harvest server and repeat the whole process until their geared up again.

Very scumbaggy way of playing and renders the whole point of the game (survival) pointless and ruins it for everyone else as well.

If you come across any passworded servers or auto kick servers then report them immediately, that way they can be removed from the central hive (I imagine) so that when they transition back to the public servers they're back on the beach as a new spawn.