Sign in to follow this  
Jaxis

Looking for answers.

You know.. I feel like I only come here to bitch and complain and I really don't wanna be  that guy anymore.. so instead im just going to ask for answers..

I'm not sure if devs read the forums or not. I hope they do.  so here is my problem

the absolute biggest problem is dayz at this point in time is character wiping.  you guys have to stop this and fix the problem with servers or hive. whatever the problem is it must be fixed.  This has been going on since SA was released and still persist.  What is going on and when will a fix be implemented?

Please focus on this! Please.

Edited by Jaxis

Character wipes are a server issue caused by servers not being set up properly, it's nothing to do with the devs.

You can avoid them by connecting to official looking, country-coded servers, for example...

UK 1-15 - good

Billy-Bob's Awesome DayZ Server - bad

If you connect to a server and end up back on the coast then disconnect straight away and connect to a different server. You should still have your char.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 3

Character wipes are a server issue caused by servers not being set up properly, it's nothing to do with the devs.

You can avoid them by connecting to official looking, country-coded servers, for example...

UK 1-15 - good

Billy-Bob's Awesome DayZ Server - bad

But but I love going to Billy's server :/

what is being done to eliminate corrupted servers?

what is being done to eliminate corrupted servers?

Nothing. The Devs cannot do anything about it. It's all on the owner of the server and there provider.

• Like 1

Indeed, the devs can't do anything to prevent this unfortunately. It's a problem with the server hosting companies.

What you can do is help spread the word that people should avoid dodgy looking servers though. :)

just seems like severs host/owners should has some accountability if they are causing instability in the game. 

just seems like severs host/owners should has some accountability if they are causing instability in the game. 

Well, it's not directly there fault. The problem lies within the servers themselves too.

And, read that Alpha Disclaimer one more time, for real. A couple character wipes are tame compared to what could happen. 

Such as right now, I cant play because of the fps issue introduced last patch. However I used the search function and saw that it has already been addressed many times and I am patiently waiting for the fix to come in.

Also, if you had used the search function, you would have found about 3 pages of topics, exactly like yours :P

maybe there can develop a server diagnostic test. and the server must pass before players can join.  just throwing stuff out there. no idea how this would be achieved.  but again.. just looking for answers.  wish I would of known to stay off these servers.. I've just been joining any server that had people in the past.

maybe there can develop a server diagnostic test. and the server must pass before players can join.  just throwing stuff out there. no idea how this would be achieved.  but again.. just looking for answers.  wish I would of known to stay off these servers.. I've just been joining any server that had people in the past.

That would be a pain staking process and costly too. :3

1 million copies at 30$ a pop.. lets just say $7 million of that went back into the game. seems like that should be enough to pay somebody to write a go/no go program

Also i'm not a fan of the search function...  I prefer to be insulted directly instead of reading other peoples insults.

Edited by Jaxis

I think (or rather hope) that in the time that would take to develop the server hosts will have resolved the problem.

The sad thing is that a lot of these servers are fine, it's just best to avoid them as they're the ones that do tend to cause problems.

1 million copies at 30$ a pop.. lets just say $7 million of that went back into the game. seems like that should be enough to pay somebody to write a go/no go program

Also i'm not a fan of the search function...  I prefer to be insulted directly instead of reading other peoples insults.

Not really needed to waste production money to make server providers and there hosting admins set them up properly to use the hive.. You have been given a good general idea of how to avoid bad servers the other good idea is when you find a good stable server ( there are tons of them ) keep logging back into that one....

I dont mean to offend but you paid a small game fee 30 bucks very cheap for the amount of hours entertainment but seem to want the devs to blow a large amount of there profits ( its a business ya know they want to make money or they wont make games) to spoon feed you what you can mostly do yourself...

Plus if they spent all that money on a server debugging program then how would Rocket pay for his hot pink Lambo... Jeez...

2L8MVTh.png

Gotta go fast!

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

Your ignorance is showing. 

They are hiring a bigger team.

It takes a while to train people for the systems and procedures they work, as well as hire the proper talent. For example the audio guy they hired has been learning the system for about a month now. Finding candidates alone can take a couple months, than they need to quit their current job (two weeks usually), relocate (one to two weeks would be fast), and train up (2+ weeks).

Also growing your team to quickly can easily introduce more problems than it solves.

You are just being impatient, if you want it now, call J. G. Wentworth 877-Cashnow

Plus if they spent all that money on a server debugging program then how would Rocket pay for his hot pink Lambo... Jeez...

And super expensive ice cream from Italy with $100 dollar bills sprinkled on top of it. >:P

• Like 1

It takes a while to train people for the systems and procedures they work, as well as hire the proper talent. For example the audio guy they hired has been learning the system for about a month now. Finding candidates alone can take a couple months, than they need to quit their current job (two weeks usually), relocate (one to two weeks would be fast), and train up (2+ weeks).

Also growing your team to quickly can easily introduce more problems than it solves.

You are just being impatient, if you want it now, call J. G. Wentworth 877-Cashnow

you bet im ignorant about game development...I haven't even officially submitted a bug to the forum.  I am lazy and impatient. just like the majority of the players of this game. 

you bet im ignorant about game development...I haven't even officially submitted a bug to the forum.  I am lazy and impatient. just like the majority of the players of this game. 

You also cant use the quote function correctly. lol.

Alright folks, questions have been answered and now things are getting a bit hostile.

Locked.

• Like 1