Sign in to follow this  
wuffi (DayZ)

Where is the crossbow?

I mean since the walking dead how can a zombi apocalypse happen without people having a crossbow? ;)

btw. my personal crossbow is ready for the zombi invasion.

(just enshure that there are no more than 8 zombies because then i would run out of bolts ;)

Edited by wuffi

They want to/probably will add one. And it will be epic.

nope its gonna be like the mods crossbow and suck monumental horse cock 

• Like 2

Maybe the crossbow factory was ground zero in the DayZ universe so the first zombies sabotaged all the crossbows. I guess the zeds have seen the walking dead and decided to not take that shit..:P

Crossbows and bows and arrows are confirmed, they'll most likely come in soon as I can depict from their additional weekly content. Just not sure when exactly they'll be coming in.

When crossbows get here I can live out my Daryl Dixon fantasies!

>.> However....

When bows get here, I'm ditching it. So I can be more like Link.  >.> Mmmm Link.

I blame Link and Nintendo for my bow fetish. Maybe the Bosmer from Elder Scrolls too? lol.

Edited by Rudette

I love how usually all the requests for Crossbows come forth because of the person seeing Walking Dead. xD Anyhoot, I am sure when they add it. It will become the most wanted weapon ingame. :P

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

I don't get all the hype for the crossbow for the game. I have stopped watching the walking dead somewhere around season 2 because I was already spoiled with a whole lot of plot points. I don't see crossbows working on DayZ, I simply don't.

I don't get all the hype for the crossbow for the game. I have stopped watching the walking dead somewhere around season 2 because I was already spoiled with a whole lot of plot points. I don't see crossbows working on DayZ, I simply don't.

Well, for hunting is would be a great idea. And maybe even for stalking and silently killing a single person? :3

I'm a fan of hunting weapons!

Not just the Bows/Crossbows. But rifles, shotguns, the like. They feel.... Survivaly! Especially bows! And as mentioned above, the stealth factor is nice!

Edited by Rudette

Well, for hunting is would be a great idea. And maybe even for stalking and silently killing a single person? :3

Just shoot him in the head. It's not like zombies are of a threat in the game's current state.

Just shoot him in the head. It's not like zombies are of a threat in the game's current state.

xD Well, later they will (I hope). 

Seems development is moving at a snails pace.

But alas even a snail eventually crosses the finish line so hopefully eventually we see the bow.

Guess this one didn't play the mod. In the mod it sucked, definitely not looking forward to it.

Even in the mod I really liked using the crossbow and with a bit of practice got good results...although it freaked me out more than one time. But I think with the possibilities of the sa they will tweak it to a usefull survival weapon. I would be satisfied if you get a good ironsight/scope and an effective range of like 30m to dispatch zeds before they break your bones.

Seems development is moving at a snails pace.

But alas even a snail eventually crosses the finish line so hopefully eventually we see the bow.

Yea because 3updates and hotfixes in a week are totally "snail pace" Edited by NevadaDG
  • Like 1