MEUQSACO

Super fast zombies

Please make the zombies run slower... 0.8 of the player speed is enough, so we can actually escape them after some seconds running if we don't agro any others.

If not, add a melee weapon to starting players so they can defend themselfs. Right now, at the start if you get attacked you have to either disconnect or get killed, because there is nothing to do.

• Like 2

You are so right, me and my friend just raged SOO hard because we were dying as quick as we spawned. My friend were one more death away from uninstalling and selling the game. i totally agre with your opinion but i have another idea.

IMPLEMENTING A NEW TYPE OF ZOMBIE

Ok we have the original Crawler zombie, The Monkey and The Runner.

I think the dayz dev team should add: The Walker, a new type of zombie wich is the most normal one, they can mearly jog and is rather easy to avoid, i think Runner then should be RARE but they should be 0.9 of the player speed. Walkers would then have 0.6 in speed and Monkeys 0.4 in speed.

My tought of the spawnrate would be if 100 Zeds spawned this is then the contents of that horde: 5 Runners, 15 Crawlers, 30 Monkeys and 50 Walkers.

And again this is just an idea.

• Like 1

Yeah, regarding the zombie types, me and my friend were just discussing the same thing and we agree.

Agreed. Esp. about lowering the count on fast zombies. Pretty much, if you are new, and get any fast zeds on your tracks, you have to just die... :/

Not having ANY defence on start is ridicoules. Why not having a punch or spit or piss, anything! And the zombies are way too fast, but what pissed me off the most was, when I managed to escape into a building and they just went right trough the door -_- happens everytime a 100%

u do know that zombies are zombies if u were in a zombie apocoleps u would die fast

also i agree they should add something like a splinterd piece of wood

Speak english please.

• Like 1

Please make the zombies run slower... 0.8 of the player speed is enough, so we can actually escape them after some seconds running if we don't agro any others.

If not, add a melee weapon to starting players so they can defend themselfs. Right now, at the start if you get attacked you have to either disconnect or get killed, because there is nothing to do.

I agree! It's verry anoying to spawn next o a Zombie and then have tu run for 20minutes to get away from it in someway. Also, their agro-range is to far, A zombie started running directly to me about 100meters away he came from behind a house. That's whats wierd. And to not be able to push/kick/punch the zombies is verry anoying aswell, just standing there and take the bites, who would do such a thing? Fight with your hands should be an option.

And i can't point out this enough, zombies must be slower!

Excuse me my tone, but are you guys serious? Zombies are fast, that is true, but zombies must stop for a sec when they try to bite, so if you are running while they attack, you wont get hurt. They are also slow at steep hills and inside buildings.

You can easilly lose them and stay alive unharmed.

Edited by Teo

To end all this "SLOW THEM DOWN" shit, just pay attention:

"Zombies need to be fast because the pathing system is not that accurate. So when they go in the wrong direction, they need to be fast enough to catch up with you. That's why they zig-zag, and sometimes run away from you before comming to eat you."

The pathing system works this way: The server relays the idle zombie position and his path to the player. When it's aggroed, your local machine takes over the zombie's pathing then it relays it to the server, which then, relays it to the other players. That's why they can appear as lagging.

So if you slow them down, and they run in the wrong direction, they'll pretty much lose you themselves.

The game is already too easy. Don't try to make it even easier.

To end all this "SLOW THEM DOWN" shit, just pay attention:

"Zombies need to be fast because the pathing system is not that accurate. So when they go in the wrong direction, they need to be fast enough to catch up with you. That's why they zig-zag, and sometimes run away from you before comming to eat you."

The pathing system works this way: The server relays the idle zombie position and his path to the player. When it's aggroed, your local machine takes over the zombie's pathing then it relays it to the server, which then, relays it to the other players. That's why they can appear as lagging.

So if you slow them down, and they run in the wrong direction, they'll pretty much lose you themselves.

The game is already too easy. Don't try to make it even easier.

I thought the zigzags were intentional to make them unpredictable and harder to shoot... :P

You are so right, me and my friend just raged SOO hard because we were dying as quick as we spawned. My friend were one more death away from uninstalling and selling the game. i totally agre with your opinion but i have another idea.

I think the dayz dev team should add: The Walker, a new type of zombie wich is the most normal one, they can mearly jog and is rather easy to avoid, i think Runner then should be RARE but they should be 0.9 of the player speed. Walkers would then have 0.6 in speed and Monkeys 0.4 in speed.

My tought of the spawnrate would be if 100 Zeds spawned this is then the contents of that horde: 5 Runners, 15 Crawlers, 30 Monkeys and 50 Walkers.

You are right, I am decked out with stuff now but I have 3 accounts and I have a ton of stuff but when I respawn I can't stand when I spawn already in eye distance from a zombie. They should do a zombie over hall make a lot and I mean a lot more zombies but the zombies walk or slowly jog but just make it so in cities it is crazy amounts. Framerate would be haywire but they could optimize it hopefully. :)

I thought the zigzags were intentional to make them unpredictable and harder to shoot... :P

No they are because the zombies are coded poorly and they don't run in a straight line to a player.

Disagree on slowing down the zombies.

I think the zombies are not fast enough! They're not any kind of threat because they can't catch you when you run.

At least now they keep up and don't leave behind. If they'd be slower, and you can hide from them, the zombies wouldn't be any kind of a threat.

Melee weapon for starters is a better idea, but on the other hand, I'm fine starting without, it isn't that hard to find a weapon. It just means you need to be careful not to aggro Zs before you have means to deal with'em.

They can't catch you unless you decide to stand still and there is plenty to do if you get attacked at the start you run away and lose them. Not go on the forums and complain.

Or... heres a radical idea... you could just suck less?

DayZ isnt meant to be an easy ride. If you want slow stupid zombies and starting with a weapon, go play CoD Nazi Zombies.

Its MEANT to be a challenging experience, its really not that hard to avoid zombies... learn to be stealthy, or if you agro learn how to lose them. Plus hatchets are pretty much EVERYWHERE.

• Like 2

Hey Guys i just wanted to share my opinion. I like where your coming from with this walker zombies but i think the Runner zombies should be the most common because they are one of the things that make Dayz...Dayz because Walker zombies just make the game too easy for example if you decided you want to load up your vehicle with medical supplies from Elektro its just too easy to get in and out you would simply just run in shoot the slower zombies down then loot the hospital. What i'm trying to get at is Running common zombies make the game much more thrilling because you got to be careful, sneaky and discreet really makes you feel good if you loot a town without aggroing any zombies. I do think they should run at 0.9 as well because they are still too fast. I think Walkers should only be slightly less common than the runners because that makes interesting and adds some variety to the game, Right?. of course keep the other types like hopper and crawler because they bring there own characteristics. anyway that's what i think. Anyone else with me? ;)

Sorry. first time but i think that the zombies should maybe actually be able to catch you because all we have to do is keep running so maybe if there like 1.1-1.3 and there's some sort of maybe an environmental feature that could help players lose zombies like hiding in trees or up trees, only if the zombies have lost sight of you for a while but something like that or a player feature.

Edited by Because...Screw Logic

Not having ANY defence on start is ridicoules. Why not having a punch or spit or piss, anything! And the zombies are way too fast, but what pissed me off the most was, when I managed to escape into a building and they just went right trough the door -_- happens everytime a 100%

Agreed. Esp. about lowering the count on fast zombies. Pretty much, if you are new, and get any fast zeds on your tracks, you have to just die... :/

I agree! It's verry anoying to spawn next o a Zombie and then have tu run for 20minutes to get away from it in someway. Also, their agro-range is to far, A zombie started running directly to me about 100meters away he came from behind a house. That's whats wierd. And to not be able to push/kick/punch the zombies is verry anoying aswell, just standing there and take the bites, who would do such a thing? Fight with your hands should be an option.

And i can't point out this enough, zombies must be slower!

You are right, I am decked out with stuff now but I have 3 accounts and I have a ton of stuff but when I respawn I can't stand when I spawn already in eye distance from a zombie. They should do a zombie over hall make a lot and I mean a lot more zombies but the zombies walk or slowly jog but just make it so in cities it is crazy amounts. Framerate would be haywire but they could optimize it hopefully. :)

A man had a vision. He did not share it with many people knowing the reaction it might bring. He played it close to the chest, showed a few people but the idea was infectious. It spread like a plague. So infectious it spread to over one million people.

Then tears, big salty tears began to fill the world! A forum was opened and it wasn't very well regulated by mods but they soon came to an understanding. If they they closed all the threads that complained about what makes dayz so great the tears would once again flood the world! So they left the weak to wallow and squalor in salty filth.

Edited by Trizzo

Actually I would be find with zombies who simply walk, but you have to shoot them in the head to kill them.

jesus how many times do people keep bringing this up! rocket has said that he wants to keep the fast screaming hungry physchopaths we dont want romero zombies if you want to have to shoot zombies in the head just shoot them in the head or download the undead mod fir arma 2 where you gotta shoot em in the head

Buildings, hills and most importantly sneaking is what you're lacking. The only real way to sneak in this patch is crawling or crouch-walking in some situations. Otherwise it's completely trashed. Hatches aren't hard to find either. Sneak in or run in a industrial building and you're done.

Edited by Sutinen

Here is an idea that I had for different types of zombies

I will make the chance of running into one of these into percent signs.

Will be able to spot by the color/condition of there skin

Freshly turned zombies - Pale whit skin - They can run as fast or a little slower than players. These are usually by them selves,Away from groups 30%

Zombies who have been dead for weeks - Dark brown/tan color - They are slow, can hobble along at a decent pace but are still slow. Travel in small groups,wondering of now and then 60%

Zombies who have been dead for months - Dark green/black/grey - very slow,reflexes are slow,limbs can be missing/crawling around with no legs etc. Travel in big packs,Rarely wondering of from the group 90%

Zombies who manage to take a bite out of a player or kill a player stay fresh and get faster which are/would be rare. Stained red skin from feasting on players - Are always by them selves and very dangerous. 10%

Yeah I am bored...

Edited by DanielTy88