Sign in to follow this  
Nighteyes

More ambient tracks possible?

Does the ArmA 2 engine support locational based music? Or is it just in a playlist?

The mod already has some pretty good ambient tracks that fit well with Cherno or Elektro. Clanging of metal, a humming sound like a generator or tanker in the distance. Would be nice if there were a couple of custom tracks when entering an inland village, or some forest/field type ambient tracks. A soft breeze mixed with some creaking wood. Rustling leaves and occasional twigs cracking. Something similar to what we have now but with a more rural sound to it.

I was in the process of making a new suggestion when I checked the search!

Any possibility of a "jukebox" or custom playlist in the standalone. I don't mean a jukebox in a Cherno bar, I'm referring to the 15+ hours a week I'll be playing and the ability to throw some tracks in for those 5k walks to my destination. This as opposed to Alt-Tab and hitting up WMP that may or may not step on in game audio and ruin the atmosphere you build with marathon gaming. I don't expect the standalone to have a whole catalog of mood tracks and this could solve some monotony. Plus it's less expensive than recording tons of tracks for the standalone. Besides I would miss my iPod after Z-Day. :(

"They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!" - Sufjan Stevens Ambiance, anyone?

• Like 1

I was in the process of making a new suggestion when I checked the search!

Any possibility of a "jukebox" or custom playlist in the standalone. I don't mean a jukebox in a Cherno bar, I'm referring to the 15+ hours a week I'll be playing and the ability to throw some tracks in for those 5k walks to my destination. This as opposed to Alt-Tab and hitting up WMP that may or may not step on in game audio and ruin the atmosphere you build with marathon gaming. I don't expect the standalone to have a whole catalog of mood tracks and this could solve some monotony. Plus it's less expensive than recording tons of tracks for the standalone. Besides I would miss my iPod after Z-Day. :(

"They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back from the Dead!! Ahhhh!" - Sufjan Stevens Ambiance, anyone?

You have my beans. I would love this feature.

I can't play with the music on, freaks me out and on top of that when you are as pap with a weapon like me, you need total silence to detect everything around you.

Though I wouldn't mind a radio in vehicles, that would allow me to take long Sunday drives in the country!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Does the ArmA 2 engine support locational based music? Or is it just in a playlist?

. Would be nice if there were a couple of custom tracks when entering an inland village, or some forest/field type ambient tracks. A soft breeze mixed with some creaking wood. Rustling leaves and occasional twigs cracking. Something similar to what we have now but with a more rural sound to it.

Yup, that is all completely possible. In fact, soundmods like

are already doing it (in a more realistic matter) :)

Just throw that up on your media player and your sorted......just make sure it's low volume so you can hear everything around you too :P