Sign in to follow this  
Swatchy

Character Keeps Resetting

I was just playing a game of DayZ, I was running around Electro and I killed a guy who was holding up my friend, I got his gear and me and my mate logged off for the night, I did everything right, I hid in a bush and then I press escape and exited, but the nest day when I logged back on all my gear was gone everything I had nothing, and I respawned back at the coast, everything was gone, I did not do anything wrong, I did not die while I was logging out, and my mate still had all of his gear so I don't think it was a problem with the server, this bug is extremely annoying and as it keeps happening I can never advance in the game and I am getting sick of it to be honest, if you have a solution to this problem or it has been happening to you please contact me as soon as possible because I am really getting annoyed as I can never continue the game and its the same this all the time.

Skype - swatchyomg

Steam - swatchyftw

THANKS!!!

This happened to me no more than a few hours ago on a fully geared character i had kept alive for 3 days. The game crashed (as usual) when i was running through a very remote forest in the game; with no zeds around 100%. I restart the game and log into the same server, and find i am now a new spawn, even though the character screen was showing my geared character as usual. I hate to say it; but saving a player's profile has been a bread and butter mechanic of gaming for over two decades; yet here we have problems. Regardless of being in alpha, saving profiles should not be a problem, and its hard to be believe it is still a problem over a month after the alpha release. Its borderline ridiculous in any game; let alone one that has just made so much profit. Shouldn't it be at the top of their list of concerning bugs?

I don't enjoy being negative; but if Blizzard or Dice were developing this game, I know this would have been resolved as fast as possible; being included in the next patch. They need to get on top of profiles not saving before it and the combination of poor performance problems wards off people who have already bought the game; for i would not recommend the alpha in its current state to anyone who is thinking of buying.  

Edited by Chiefo69

Im kinda noob here but anyways. Some servers seems to always spawn you fresh. Maybe theyre private, clan servers etc. When this happens to me i just switch server aslong i get my stuff back. However previous guy said he used same server where he had the stuff. But if character window still shows stuff id guess could be something server related. Maybe try switching servers? Thats how i always got my stuff back. Alltho im new guy here as i said so dont got that much experience on it.

Im kinda noob here but anyways. Some servers seems to always spawn you fresh. Maybe theyre private, clan servers etc. When this happens to me i just switch server aslong i get my stuff back. However previous guy said he used same server where he had the stuff. But if character window still shows stuff id guess could be something server related. Maybe try switching servers? Thats how i always got my stuff back. Alltho im new guy here as i said so dont got that much experience on it.

That is true but when I was in game and when I left due to me not having my gear it did not show my gear on the start screen at all I was a complete fresh spawn as if I had just died, I don't know if this is still a problem but I did just get my computer fixed so I got a new hard drive and I re downloaded everything so it might have just been a problem with some files or something like that, but for me it dose not happen any more if it dose happen to you I recommend deleting the game and downloading it agin it might work for you too because that is basically what I did 

Odd thing was, anytime its happened, its done so when i rejoined whatever server i was playing on before i logged. I think I need to do some research on which servers try to keep their instance id's up to date. Id appreciate any server info on this matter.

Edited by Chiefo69

Odd thing was, anytime its happened, its done so when i rejoined whatever server i was playing on before i logged. I think I need to do some research on which servers try to keep their instance id's up to date. Id appreciate any server info on this matter.

Well ive been trying to play on fragnet hosted servers. Get low pings on those and they seems to keep my stuff. But there is also some fragnet servers might spawn you fresh but theyre usually named differently than rest of them. Alltho there seems to be alot random disconnects that i dont have on other games. Thats problem with all dayz server tho. But atleast my stuff been staying on.. Tbh ive came bit spooky about joining other servers as mostly il spawn fresh while trying to find other servers.

Also what you mean by rejoind? As ive noticed that historu doesnt work but favorites does. Was it actually same server or did you click "play" button? Not sure what that actually does but ive always tought its kinda autosearch/join thin? Instead of last server played?

Edited by MangoX

Most of the time when you join hardcore servers you will get a different character and you will have a separate character for regular servers, so make sure you are not joining a hardcore server cause it might reset your whole character?

Assuming you were joining a regular server here is the issue:

Occasionally (more often than I would like) server providers such as gameservers.com, vilayer.com, etch have issues communicating with the backend servers. these backend servers are basically the developers servers where your character data is stored and where the server you join pulls your toon information and loads it onto the server. As a server admin my only course of action when my server is having this issue is to report it and they will hot fix it or begin to work with the development team to correct the issue. During the last patch they had a significant issue with backend server communication which they addressed.

This is why you have issues like this occasionally.