dayzhopeful

Fall damage has just got utterly ridiculous yet again.

I run down the stairs i get out of the building, bang my legs have broken, three times this has happened now.

We fixed this bug and now some utter genius has added it back in the game again.

I know its alpha well done for spotting that.

This bug was fixed and now its back again. I cant actually play the game because as im exploring buildings my legs will randomly break so i will spend 30 minutes searching buildings and then ill run down some stairs and break my legs and thats 30 minutes wasted.

How can a development team add back into a game a serious problem that they fixed god knows how many patches ago, it makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

I run down the stairs

stay away from stairs

and ladders.

• Like 1

stay away from stairs

and ladders.

I know, i know but the thing is when your a fresh spawn you gotta loot those cities if you want to survive.

I wish i could mate.

Something has certainly happened with this patch, I agree.

I ran off a 3 foot ledge earlier (You know the ones outside the factorys that have a little board you can run up to get up them?)

It broke my legs.

Frosti, although your solution will work, its not really viable.  I know its alpha and all, but in my thread about my recent glitch your advice was to stay away from stairs and ladders.

Although this advice re:stairs and ladders may work, its a bit silly.  And it was nowhere near as bad before.

I have 45 hours in this game now, 6 of those post patch.

I never broke my legs pre-patch, and only glitched into a building once.  I have been round most areas of elektro, cherno, balota air strip, the military base, north west airfield, north east airfield and most of the places in between multiple times.

Since the patch has been released, I have glitched into a building four times, through stairs twice, apparently fallen through the floor to my death (Wiping out a blooming good character) and broken my legs 3 times.  In 6 hours.

Something doesn't feel right.

Edited by Delarado
  • Like 2

I wish they would turn off fall damage untill they fix wall glitching bug, ladder bug etc.

• Like 2

Stairs haven't ever killed me and only apartment building ladders have killed me. Lag has killed me by warping out walls or under houses.

• Like 1

stay away from stairs

and ladders.

and, by extension all of the good loot that spawns on the top floors. Leave it for me. Ill gladly risk my neck (legs) to get it for you. Or, rather, instead of you.

• Like 1

Something has certainly happened with this patch, I agree.

I ran off a 3 foot ledge earlier (You know the ones outside the factorys that have a little board you can run up to get up them?)

It broke my legs.

Frosti, although your solution will work, its not really viable.  I know its alpha and all, but in my thread about my recent glitch your advice was to stay away from stairs and ladders.

Although this advice re:stairs and ladders may work, its a bit silly.  And it was nowhere near as bad before.

I have 45 hours in this game now, 6 of those post patch.

I never broke my legs pre-patch, and only glitched into a building once.  I have been round most areas of elektro, cherno, balota air strip, the military base, north west airfield, north east airfield and most of the places in between multiple times.

Since the patch has been released, I have glitched into a building four times, through stairs twice, apparently fallen through the floor to my death (Wiping out a blooming good character) and broken my legs 3 times.  In 6 hours.

Something doesn't feel right.

Exactly, the thing is we had this with a previous patch and it got fixed in the next patch along but now its back again and it seems worse then before.

I hate hating on the developers because they do try their hardest and the rate of patching has been brilliant but i just think this is something that all you had to do was get one member of staff to go on the game and drop 4 feet and they could have seen it, but nope we all do it for them.

I had the a similar occurence happen to me. I ran down the stairs in the Elektro firestation and broke my legs, after an hour of searching for a stick to make a splint I finally find one. Ran down another set of stairs in the other Elektro firestation and then "You are dead".  

Lets face it, this game is like 2 years old. The same old bugs have been in it since. They won't fix shit.

• Like 1

I wnt in a house , saw a jacket pressed tab equipped the jacket and broke my legs without walking.

100% srs

• Like 2

I wnt in a house , saw a jacket pressed tab equipped the jacket and broke my legs without walking.

100% srs

When game lag/desynch then you gonna glitch throught floor and break legs or die.

they never fixed it...

fall damage was turned off in one of the patches.

I hate hating on the developers because they do try their hardest and the rate of patching has been brilliant but i just think this is something that all you had to do was get one member of staff to go on the game and drop 4 feet and they could have seen it, but nope we all do it for them.

I hate to say it, and I get annoyed with the "ZOMG Alpha" people; But that is kind of the point of Alpha.  We are not playing a game. We are testing software, thats what we signed up for.

As annoying as it is, the game is quite clear about that being what we are doing.

I think we just need to make them aware we think something has changed and they can look into it.  I personally think there is a LOT of work needed on walls / surfaces. Somehow making it impossible to glitch through walls/floors, stopping axes and packs glitching through walls, stopping torches shining through walls, stopping zombies walking in buildings like they are sinking in quick sand and all of these bugs should be priority over any features IMO.  Im not a developer though and I don't know the cause, Im sure they are worknig onit.

LOL@The jacket comment though :)

I must have good internet or something cause I have yet to die to a fall or a ladder, and I have yet to run down stairs and break my leg in the new patch.

I must have good internet or something cause I have yet to die to a fall or a ladder, and I have yet to run down stairs and break my leg in the new patch.

I was like that too.

I laughted on all those posts and topics about people falling throught tanker and die.

Then one day I fell throguht the tanker wall and it was not funny.

• Like 1

Hi.

I've been lucky I guess. Never broken legs on stairs(though I tend to be in walking mode when using them, not running), and though I rarely use the ladders, I haven't fallen from one yet.

Pretty sure there was something in the patch notes about, depending on equipped gear, falling up to 5 meters can break a leg, and anything higher can kill you(don't quote me on the numbers tho).

Seems pretty legit to me.

Regards.

I run down the stairs i get out of the building, bang my legs have broken, three times this has happened now.

We fixed this bug and now some utter genius has added it back in the game again.

I know its alpha well done for spotting that.

This bug was fixed and now its back again. I cant actually play the game because as im exploring buildings my legs will randomly break so i will spend 30 minutes searching buildings and then ill run down some stairs and break my legs and thats 30 minutes wasted.

How can a development team add back into a game a serious problem that they fixed god knows how many patches ago, it makes no sense at all.

Hey....its alpha...that u report bugs and such.

Edited by svisketyggeren

I know, i know but the thing is when your a fresh spawn you gotta loot those cities if you want to survive.

I wish i could mate.

Actually, just stay on the ground.

100% srs

This was an old dayz glitch....wonder if it happened to the whole server like what happens on tavi 2.0 when changing clothes.....

Hey....its alpha...that u report bugs and such.

Why even bother.

My problem is not that i am testing an alpha game, i get that. My problem is they resolved the bug and now they have brought it back again, it would have been fine if i could log off and back on again but nope, in the same patch they make your legs like jelly they also decide to save the information on whether your caracter has broken legs or not.

Good job team.

i have broken my legs 5 TIMES now and its annoying, but its alpha i guess.

• Like 2

I've played for about 20hours now and I only broke my leg once - and that was in combat.

Srsly, just stay away from ladders and be a little bit careful. Are you sure it's not a problem connected with something local clientside, e.g. packet loss due to poor internet connection?

Ultimate expert tips:

- Don't use stairs

- Don't use ladders

- Don't RUN in stairs

- Don't MOVE when clicking F to go on ladders

If anyone breaks their legs, feel free to contact the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland and we're happy to help. You can find info at the link in my signature :)