Sign in to follow this  
Belmail

DMR vs. M14

I can't seem to decide which of these weapons I want to take on my journeys, I have a Glock as my secondary weapon so it's quiet and is good for headshotting zombies(would love an M9 silenced though.) Just curious about the different range and scope effectiveness of both weapons considering they both use the same clips anyway.

Parameters;

Close Range:

Close-Medium:

Medium:

Medium-Long:

Long:

Long-Past Effective Range:

Scope vs Scope:

They are effectively the same weapon with the DMR suited to longer range shooting due to its high powered scope instead of the aim point.

Carry both! Problem solved.

DMR is good for long range observation. M14 is very effective in firefights. They both use same ammo and both work with night vision.

Only downside really is the "I am over here" noise they both make.

They're the same damn gun, DMR has a good scope for long distance. M14 has an amazing scope for mid/close range. Take either.

Carry both.

Make sure you have 10 slots in your backpack, make sure (as im sure it is) your ammo is in your main inventory. Press right arrow on the gun in your backpack - ta-dah!

DMR is fantastic up to around 700m. Most kills require two shots anywhere past 300-400m. Best to make sure anyway. DMR is what I always carry if I can find one.

M14 is nice and the round will travel as far, but course, you can't see that far without the scope. Great battle rifle for sure.

M14 is a beast as long as your target is close enough to not be obscured by the dot in the sight. I say carry both as well, but if there can be only one, then go for the M14, as it's just that much cooler, and you'll feel slightly more like a boss.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Go for the M14, you're more likely to see people at close/mid range unless you only camp fields.

Where do DRM's spawn mostly? NW airfeild?.. Can't you find one in places like the Powerplant?

I would love to carry both, I really would, but that wouldn't leave much space for taking anything useful the player might have had when he is killed. (weapon wise) I guess i'll just use the M14 because i'm more accustomed to the scope.

I love the M14.

It's my favourite weapon in RL and ingame. Every time i find one i will carry it to my death. It's just too damn good all around and it suits my playstyle perfectly. I love to hang in the woods, away from big cities and the M14 is just an good all around rifle, you will kill shit fast in mid / close range and still be able to be dangerous from longer ranges.