sleight

Combat Log?! (not what your thinking)

So I have been mulling this idea over in my head for some time now, and I'm going to guess I'm not the only one.

How about putting in a combat log, that tracks damage and death and other such information. 

So in the bottom left or right hand corner, after you die you can scroll through a log and see " Player was shot with Mosin from 400m for 90 damage"

Or "Player takes 70 damage 2x hit m4"

Obviously I'm just spewing ideas here, and the log can have more or less info, names, distance, location, whatever. 

I don't see this as a game breaking feature, or something that would hurt the game, in fact i think it would be well received by most.

Love to here what you guys think, I'm sure there is already a thread out there on the subject, but every time i search "combat log" i get 500000 threads about people logging during combat.

The thing is, you will know from what distance (and with what weapon) you were sniped, which can be a clue for your buddies.

The thing is, you will know from what distance (and with what weapon) you were sniped, which can be a clue for your buddies.

Ok, right didn't quite think of that. So, leave out distance. I still see adding names and damage done a feature that would be nice. 

I don't like it...it would enable people to confirm damage and kills without having to go and investigate on their own.

F.e. You're shooting at a bush the enemy has taken cover behind, meanwhile your buddy dies - he can read off the logged info and you could ascertain whether you'd killed or likely knocked the guy unconcious without having to risk leaving your sniper spot to go and see.

I'm against the logging of any damage dealt or k/d stats... just a time survived and maybe zombie kill count will do

• Like 1

I think this would harm the realism and survival aspects and push the game more towards the shooter direction. I think the not knowing who shot you or how, kind of adds to the shock factor and the impact of your death, the wtf happened moments, are a cool aspect to the game, if you could figure out this from a log it would make the game less hardcore.

I do think this information would be useful but would probably detract from the game.

So I have been mulling this idea over in my head for some time now, and I'm going to guess I'm not the only one.

How about putting in a combat log, that tracks damage and death and other such information. 

So in the bottom left or right hand corner, after you die you can scroll through a log and see " Player was shot with Mosin from 400m for 90 damage"

Or "Player takes 70 damage 2x hit m4"

Obviously I'm just spewing ideas here, and the log can have more or less info, names, distance, location, whatever. 

I don't see this as a game breaking feature, or something that would hurt the game, in fact i think it would be well received by most.

Love to here what you guys think, I'm sure there is already a thread out there on the subject, but every time i search "combat log" i get 500000 threads about people logging during combat.

let me guess, you are  a little KoS kiddy otherwise you wouldn't care for something like that, if you want a combat log go play CoD or Battlefield or any other shooter ...SHOOTER and not a fucking survivial game, thats full of stupid people who don't understand what survival game means

let me guess, you are  a little KoS kiddy otherwise you wouldn't care for something like that, if you want a combat log go play CoD or Battlefield or any other shooter ...SHOOTER and not a fucking survivial game, thats full of stupid people who don't understand what survival game means

Jesus dude you don't have be such dick about it. He was just pitching an idea

let me guess, you are a little KoS kiddy otherwise you wouldn't care for something like that, if you want a combat log go play CoD or Battlefield or any other shooter ...SHOOTER and not a fucking survivial game, thats full of stupid people who don't understand what survival game means

Thats just plainly rude.

Edited by basinox

No, not a real big fan of KoS, but your strongly making me reconsider. I was just pitching an idea, after reading numerous posts of people saying "i dont know how i was killed" " i didn't hear any shots" etc, i thought it would help some people out.

But, after reading the peoples posts above i can see the reason why people would not want it in the game.

emm if you want this game to be pure "real life apocalipse" i think there wont be combat log in heaven (or hell) :D