Sign in to follow this  
Alkevish

Adding Land to Standalone

Hey guys, I know Rocket said that they would be adding Utes into the bottom right corner of the map in the future, and that made me think. Instead of having mods that add maps, why doesnt Rocket just take the players favorite maps made from DayZ mod and put them in the DayZ standalone map. So for example, there would be Chernarus in the middle, Utes in the bottom right, Namalsk in the north, Takistan on the left and like Taviana on the right? Something like that. Anyways, tell me what you guys think.

Because that map would be too large for the engine to handle, also because they wouldn't want to put maps made not by them in their game. Also I've heard they dropped adding Utes idea and decided to go with something else.

• Like 1

They might be able to. But it would probs be some sort of server swap for the map change. With handling so many items being an issue now, I dont see them getting that much in one server :)

• Like 1

They might be able to. But it would probs be some sort of server swap for the map change. With handling so many items being an issue now, I dont see them getting that much in one server :)

One could hope for this i am doubtfull they would do it but its possible in theory and would be EPIC.....

• Like 1